• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crouch canceling

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, I know getting crouch canceled is one of Roy's main issues. i had to deal with that today. any tips to prevent that?

kingPiano

Smash Ace
DD/WD Grab more or get the strong part of D-tilt

Don't try any SHFFL aerials into combos until they are at high %

It's just a matter of waiting until they are high percent and they can't CC you anymore.
At low percents try and watch their habits and read them better so you can always attack when they are stuck in animation/lag.

It's just the way it is for a Roy unfortunately, he don't like CC'ers.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
DD/WD Grab more or get the strong part of D-tilt

Don't try any SHFFL aerials into combos until they are at high %

It's just a matter of waiting until they are high percent and they can't CC you anymore.
At low percents try and watch their habits and read them better so you can always attack when they are stuck in animation/lag.

It's just the way it is for a Roy unfortunately, he don't like CC'ers.
so my options are grab and the 12% hitbox of his dtilt? will the 10% hitbox work?

kingPiano

Smash Ace
so my options are grab and the 12% hitbox of his dtilt? will the 10% hitbox work?
Well there is F-smash, the SSpot is pretty damn safe since it's such high damage and initial KB and so is Dsmash (but Dsmash is very punishable at low percents from non-floaties, and has WAY TOO much end lag for practical use). F-smash is fast (12 frames), but it requires a read still since it has long end lag if you were to whiff.

The weak part of D-tilt does not work, you'd have to keep following up with a few D-tilts and WDing into it until you catch them off guard. The strong part has a high initial KB upwards which makes it hard to CC, but almost every character can CC the weak hit at low-mid percents I believe.

Last edited:

M-Tude

Smash Cadet
you can generally get away with 1 or 2 hits of DED if they're CCing and dash away quick enough to avoid a punish, so I think thats a solid way to build damage. I've always wanted to do more aggressive retreating fairs too, if im close to them I'll do a fade back fair to build % and bait a grab or some other move. It works ok, Dash in and neutral jump with full analog back Fair.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Bowser loses the ability to CC unstale dsmash (sweetspot) at 42 percent. DK 41, Samus, Ganon and Yoshi 40, Falcon 39 (skipping waaay lower) Fox 30, Jiggs 26.
For unstale fsmash (sweetspot) it's Bowser 11, DK 11, Samus, Ganon and Yoshi 10, Falcon 9, Fox 5, Jiggs 3.
Just dthrow and fthrow people, or expect certain CC options and avoid them after spacing a move. Pummel -> buffered dthrow takes all but the very heaviest characters out of CC percent for Fsmash. You can dthrow or fthrow tech-chase a lot of characters and CG with those throws or hit someone in the air with a different move depending on DI. After that there's a lot more freedom. Dtilt to fulljump nair or bair (with possible turnaround) is also good for building damage when they're at the percents when that launches them to fulljump height.

Top Bottom