• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crouch cancelling shine?

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
Does this not bother anyone else when you land a shine and they just crouch cancel and punish? Cc doesn't work on the other spacies' shine so why does it work against wolf? Are they going to fix this? Kinda makes me not even want to use wolf.

Rat

Smash Lord
Yeah CC is one of the weakness' of his shine. I highly doubt that it's going to change.

One way around it is to Double Shine then FJ. (Then waveland on a platform above.)
Another way is to hit them with DAir and then Shine. DAir can't be Crouch Canceled.

Also, Lighter characters can't crouch cancel shine afaik.

Scythe

Smash Master
Yeah can't really just just plain shine people with wolf like you can with the spacies. EIther double shine(myfav) or try to get max distance shine( his shine hitbox is wider than the other shines) or only use it as a follow up from his aerials.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
keep in mind that while his shine cannot be CCed, wolf makes up for this in a lot of other areas compared to fox and falco. also, it was stated, but there are ways to help counter the CC like with double shines and utilizing certain aerials. both dair and nair cannot CCed, so a shine follow up will result in the opponent ASDIing down and knocking themselves down on the ground if they try to CC, since they wont actually be crouching after being hit by the nair/dair (im pretty sure i remember magus talking about this somewhere else in these threads, he gave a good breakdown of the scenarios). the PMBR seemed to design wolf so that he gets a lot of the perks spacies have (amazing pressure, shine tricks, flexible projectiles.. etc), but without having too many abusable, quasi-broken traits like an uncounterable shine, or massively large, hitboxed attacks that have pretty much broken qualities aka falcos dair. instead they gave him flexibility in other areas, like having an extensive throw game as opposed to just one or two effective throws, and having amazing aerial mobility coupled with extremely low lag aerials in the air. additionally, his ground game is quite extensive with a great DD, great projectile, and extremely quick and well ranged (and in some cases, greatly ranged) smash attacks and tilts. i would also put in the argument that wolf has more tools in his set that can be used as kill options, and pretty much most of them can be reliably comboed into.

a lot of people have talked about the CCable shine with wolf, but i would definitely recommend to try not to look at him as a fox/falco clone and do not regard his moves in the same way you would look at theirs. try to look at the flexibility, adaptability, and variety in all the tools in wolfs arsenal seperately from the other two space animals, and judge his maneuvers, techniques, and approaches likewise, instead of comparing them directly. you will have a much more positive perspective of the character after you do that.

Top Bottom