• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cruel brawl records?

Olaf

Smash Cadet
im curious to see what everyone's high score record is so far on cruel mode...
mine is 17 with rob...
i wanna see just how hi people have gotten, and with what characters.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I have 20 with Samus using the only "real" method which is edge-camping. Marth is also really good for this.

What is the Kirby trick?

Olaf

Smash Cadet
meh, i did a bit of that with some other characters, didnt seem to work as well.
ill try to post a vid of my rob's strategy, its a bit more interesting...

jump on edge. attack recovery (A on ledge). if an alloy is close enough to the edge, theyll be knocked away from the level rather than into it. chase, f airs, kill.

lather, rinse, repeat.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
meh, i did a bit of that with some other characters, didnt seem to work as well.
ill try to post a vid of my rob's strategy, its a bit more interesting...

jump on edge. attack recovery (A on ledge). if an alloy is close enough to the edge, theyll be knocked away from the level rather than into it. chase, f airs, kill.

lather, rinse, repeat.
This strategy also works with Wolf's get-up attack, fyi.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
24 with Fox. Firefox edge stall with shine KOs.

Phanna, nice title. Snow Crash fan much?
Ding ding ding, gratz on being the first to recognize my new tag :D

I was astonished after finishing that book, to read the copyright information from 1992. Great stuff

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I must say I phail hard. I got 4. But I'm mos def gonna use the Kirby glitch.
This is the 2nd time I've seen someone reference "the kirby glitch" for Cruel Brawl. Last time it just turned out to be edge-camping final cutter, which isn't a glitch, it's a strategy to abuse their AI. Or are you talking about something else?

Brainiac_man

Smash Journeyman
I used a variation of the Kirby method with Ike (edge-->drop-->Aether) by abusing his super armor, I knew he couldn't get KO'd, but eventually I landed on the stage, where I got pwnd up the ***.

My high score was only 5 T_T

Top Bottom