• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSE: Custom Sound Engine v2.5 (Works with GeckoOS and Riivolution!)

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
OK, WAIT. Has someone actually tested 2.1 with FPC? Like, as simple as you can go, Make ABCD and have it replace a victory theme? I'm confused, and I don't want wrong information to start spreading around by mistake, because then frustration happens.

There isnt really a reason why it shouldnt work.
I get home around 6. By 6:45, I'm gonna try to test replacing songs with Riivo AND Gecko, and post what I did, where I did what, and how I did it. No one but Dant has actually said something in the affirmative about this thing working.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
btw, what's the last song value that's used? To make life easy I'm just going to use values after that.

*EDIT* Oh, also forgot to mention it works for me with Riivo. Didn't bother with Gecko, I seem to have removed it from my SD card.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I tested it by adding this code and an instance of the stage-track-dependent track loader changing Final Destination to /sound/sfx/00003000.brstm to the codeset for my Classic Expansion Pack (what I was working on at the time). So I included the FPC when testing it with Gecko and it didn't work; when I tested it with Riivolution I left out the FPC and it worked. So it seems like the problem is either Gecko OS or the file patch code.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
I tested it by adding this code and an instance of the stage-track-dependent track loader changing Final Destination to /sound/sfx/00003000.brstm to the codeset for my Classic Expansion Pack (what I was working on at the time). So I included the FPC when testing it with Gecko and it didn't work; when I tested it with Riivolution I left out the FPC and it worked. So it seems like the problem is either Gecko OS or the file patch code.
Could you test it on Gecko without the FPC?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Is there an hope that sometime this tool can work with the File Patch Code? I don't care to wait of course, Dantarion can take his time to do it, I know he has a life after all and is busy with other things.

An other question, so this tool works with sfx too? So you can put some additional voices on the sd card to a character like Olimar for example? I ask this because I didn't really understood so...

And the last thing is, good job Dantarion!

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Is there an hope that sometime this tool can work with the File Patch Code? I don't care to wait of course, Dantarion can take his time to do it, I know he has a life after all and is busy with other things.

An other question, so this tool works with sfx too? So you can put some additional voices on the sd card to a character like Olimar for example? I ask this because I didn't really understood so...

And the last thing is, good job Dantarion!
Read the first post, next time. lol

ABCD => /sound/sfx/0000ABCD.brstm
As of v2 WORKS WITH SFX! However, there is a slight bit of lag, due to the files being streamed from disc and not played from memory.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Urdoingitwrong.

If you want it on final destination, replace a final destination song.

Also, it would be 00006666.brstm

It's for things like the CSS specific music code.

DarthWolf42

Smash Cadet
Urdoingitwrong.

If you want it on final destination, replace a final destination song.

Also, it would be 00006666.brstm

It's for things like the CSS specific music code.
Judging by this response, I have no idea what I'm doing. Back to lurkin' till I get a decent grasp of this whole code thing.

shadowXtreme

Smash Cadet
My question iss,.
how can I use this code if i want to put some of my music on a custom stage ?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Not so true, if you use an iso of Ssbb, you can inject the custom sfx in the iso itself and it works in the game. But I suppose this tool doesn't have an equivalent like this, unfortunately, at least not yet, maybe it will be possible in the future, or work with the file patch code.

shadowXtreme

Smash Cadet
Not so true, if you use an iso of Ssbb, you can inject the custom sfx in the iso itself and it works in the game. But I suppose this tool doesn't have an equivalent like this, unfortunately, at least not yet, maybe it will be possible in the future, or work with the file patch code.
That is what riivolution do,. right?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ok so it works with Riivolution, so could someone elaborate on how to modify this code to add new songs? Because from what I see all I'd think to do is put this code in the .gct and hope new song slots show up...

shadowXtreme

Smash Cadet
Ok so it works with Riivolution, so could someone elaborate on how to modify this code to add new songs? Because from what I see all I'd think to do is put this code in the .gct and hope new song slots show up...
I think this code add new slots -_-.,

What we need its a file patcher code that suports this ._.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think this code add new slots -_-.,

What we need its a file patcher code that suports this ._.
v v v

This does not add slots to stages, or do anything with My Music.
I didn't think the first post was that unclear... I can't test it because I only play with the Project M demo version, and I don't have my Wii home with me, and I use the FPC instead of Riivolution, but at least I can understand what the code is intended to do.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
You CAN use this with stage music. You can't add slots, but you can use Oshtoby's Stage-Track-Dependant Track Loader code to replace songs with these new .brstms - and this lets expansion stages have their own music. (For example, you can use the tracklist modifier to assign all expansion stages to Big Blue's music, then have Oshtoby's code replace Big Blue (Melee) with song ID 3000 on the expansion stage, and it should play /sound/sfx/00003000.vrstm on that stage.)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Didn't that code have issues if you used too many changes with Riivolution?

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Phantom Wings was making a File Replacement Code v4 a long while ago that could replace SFX. He abandoned it due to bugs iirc. Hopefully you can figure out whatever it was he couldn't. :bee:

edit: someone should try it with FPC 4.0, maybe? See what happens...
Or not? Looks like it only replaces entire sound files, and doesn't work with many other codes.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
You CAN use this with stage music. You can't add slots, but you can use Oshtoby's Stage-Track-Dependant Track Loader code to replace songs with these new .brstms - and this lets expansion stages have their own music. (For example, you can use the tracklist modifier to assign all expansion stages to Big Blue's music, then have Oshtoby's code replace Big Blue (Melee) with song ID 3000 on the expansion stage, and it should play /sound/sfx/00003000.vrstm on that stage.)
So could we say, use that code for Final Destination instead and have it load Halberd's tracklist, and use Oshtoby's code to have each song on that tracklist replaced with a new song IDed brstm?

Then could we do the same thing for every other stage?

And how does this song ID thing work, as in, do we just choose any random 4 digit ID we want made from any numbers or letters and rename the .brstm to that ID?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Finally, SFX!

Now all we need is the possibility to add new slots easily and the hacking community will be happy! Or at least me, anyways... ^o^

libertyernie

Smash Ace
So could we say, use that code for Final Destination instead and have it load Halberd's tracklist, and use Oshtoby's code to have each song on that tracklist replaced with a new song IDed brstm?

Then could we do the same thing for every other stage?

And how does this song ID thing work, as in, do we just choose any random 4 digit ID we want made from any numbers or letters and rename the .brstm to that ID?
Yes and yes. Except you want your song ID to be above the song IDs that are already in the game (above 286C).

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Yes and yes. Except you want your song ID to be above the song IDs that are already in the game (above 286C).
One more thing, does the ID still work with hex IDs, say I get to 3009 and instead of 3010 I use 300A, would that work?

And do you NEED 4 0's before each song ID? as in it would be 00003009.brstm?

And in that case would you be able to go above 4 digits and use say 00013009 as an ID and still have it work with the codes?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
One more thing, does the ID still work with hex IDs, say I get to 3009 and instead of 3010 I use 300A, would that work?

And do you NEED 4 0's before each song ID? as in it would be 00003009.brstm?

And in that case would you be able to go above 4 digits and use say 00013009 as an ID and still have it work with the codes?
YES.
The actual range is from 0000286D-FFFFFFFF
Thats 4,294,956,946 songs ****ers.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Just a stealth update for those following this...
Got 10 Songs Perstage to work.

Issue #1
It requires the songs to be in the GCT, or in common2.pac
Issue#2
Unnamed Songs STILL cause crashes, including CSE SongIDs
Issue#3
I have no idea what happens with the savefile, or if its even possible to play vbrawl after doing this

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Leave him alone and don't push him, he progresses at the time he wants, and when it won't be anymore only for Riivolution, I'm sure he will say it so be patient.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Just a stealth update for those following this...
Got 10 Songs Perstage to work.
UPDATE!
Only requires custom common2 now to define the songs.
Uses a small code to move the songlist to accommodate the larger songlist.
Also uses a small code that fixes the issue My Music has with unnamed songs.

Will be ready for release soon/eventually

libertyernie

Smash Ace
So your code is going to move the songlist into common2? So no more editing mu_menumain AND info for this? (And does it work with training mode too?)
I LIKE THIS :)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
No. The TITLES are still seperate.

Also, the default songlist has always been in common2
It works for all of the songs. By default, the songs with no title show up as "Results Display Stage".

I want to make it they display as "0000ABCD" or whatever, but thats gonna require a bit more time.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
UPDATE!
Only requires custom common2 now to define the songs.
Uses a small code to move the songlist to accommodate the larger songlist.
Also uses a small code that fixes the issue My Music has with unnamed songs.

Will be ready for release soon/eventually

It works for all of the songs. By default, the songs with no title show up as "Results Display Stage".

I want to make it they display as "0000ABCD" or whatever, but thats gonna require a bit more time.
Awww shizzl, that sounds great, so wait is there going to be a use for the first code you made anymore? Probably missing something I'm very tired right now.

ds22

Smash Lord

And when it's released, it will also be compatible with GeckoOS, right?

Top Bottom