• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSS Organizer 2.0

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Okay i think this just cleared alot of my questions i have with this thanks!
Hey Mr. Chuy (REALLY off-topic), mind heading over to the BRSTM Factory real quick and reading the OP again real quick? Thanks in advance

[/offtopic]

This looks awesome, PW, gotta try this out at some point

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
yes but there's only one picture not many like CSPs
That would be a problem. I bet that would work with some type of coding...:laugh: sorry PW, don't mean to keep making requests, guess I have a knack for it

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well guess what I just learned? This is 100% completely incompatible with the Snapshot Loader! :D

****. >_>

pokelover980

Smash Ace
My computer detected this thing as a virus and deleted it when I tried to open it...
What anti-virus are you using? Most anti-virus programs allow you to add exceptions so that it doesn't try and stop certain things.

I would also recommend a different anti-virus if it thinks this is a virus.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
My CSS background works with the default CSS but not when I edit it with this program. Filesize gets too big I think.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Norton, the worst anti-virus crap there is.
And people say it's the best, I don't know how. Norton is terrible :U

Anyways, you should be able to add an exception with it, though I don't know how because I haven't used Norton in a long time.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Let's get off the topic of anti-virus now and get back on the topic at hand, I think it would benefit everyone.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Hmm so I rearranged the icons and added the extra chars (ZSS and the like)
Next, I simply replaced the damage percentage fonts to my liking
then I transfered it to the directory of my SD, tested and crashed.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? (New to the CSS Organizer, just gave it a quick run)

EDIT: Also using snapshot loader, is that why?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hmm so I rearranged the icons and added the extra chars (ZSS and the like)
Next, I simply replaced the damage percentage fonts to my liking
then I transfered it to the directory of my SD, tested and crashed.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? (New to the CSS Organizer, just gave it a quick run)

EDIT: Also using snapshot loader, is that why?
Disregard what I said earlier, it works fine with the snapshot loader. XD; However 2.0 seems to mess up a custom CSS though. O_o

Also, you don't need to add extra boxes in the program for ZSS/Sheik/Independent Pokemon/etc. Just have the codes on. Works for me. :3

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Disregard what I said earlier, it works fine with the snapshot loader. XD; However 2.0 seems to mess up a custom CSS though. O_o

Also, you don't need to add extra boxes in the program for ZSS/Sheik/Independent Pokemon/etc. Just have the codes on. Works for me. :3
Mkay, but about the extra characters, how will I arrange them without using the organizer?
Also, I have Brawl+ on as my default, which means theres already a premade CSS

How do you make it stop crashing and Beep of death?
imma try to do another test run after school

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sheik, ZSS, and the Independent Pokemon will automatically be next to their originals. (Zelda, Samus, PKMN Trainer)

Also it seems the CSS code will still just go along with however your file is arranged. I dunno. All I know is that mine is working, and that doesn't help you much I guess. o_o'

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

-Much of the data that was discarded with the original version remain in 2.0. That being said, the file will suffer from sizing issues after modifying it. To solve this, open the file in BrawlBox and navigate to MiscData[30]->3DModels->MenSelchrPos_TopN and remove all frames except the one with your customized CSS on it. Then pad back up to 51 frames. This will remove any excess keyframes and make it small enough for use.
Too many people missed this lol

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No, we didn't miss it. We just have no idea what the **** it means. XD

Sails

Smash Ace
AVG9 FTW!!!

I'm loving this new CCS app. Many thanks.
OBJECTION!
Avast. Try it out, it has an incredibly small memory footprint, you'll never know it's running if you turn off the sounds, merge the taskbar icons and turn off update alerts.
AVG is very much a hog and doesn't respond to false-positive reports very often (YY-CHR was still reported a virus up until a few months ago), whereas Avast has been very good about it. Also, AVG automatically deletes/moves things when it finds them to be a virus. This is bad when I have a known false positive or am Sandboxing stuff. Avast is very neat and orderly about these kinds of things in comparison...

ON TOPIC! I happened to catch the beta for this on your Mediafire about a week+ ago PW, and had to try it out :( From what I tried, it's much better this time around and I truly appreciate the work you have put in to this, as well as the community.

I'd love to see some killer (non-widescreen versions people!) CSS's pop up with this new ease of access upgrade. I see so many in videos yet no one releases them :( Start posting them people! (In the proper thread in Customized Content of course...)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Allow me to rephrase.

Go to MiscData[30]->3DModels->MenSelchrPos_TopN in your BrawlBox window. Open the MenSelchrPos_TopN animation. Look for your rearranged CSS (if it's not obvious, you may have a problem), and delete all other frames. (DONT DELETE YOURS). After that, simply keep clicking the add frame button until it's back up to 51 frames. Easy.

Remember that this makes the other frames mess up. So you'll wanna remake the NECESSARY arrangements. Don't remake them all or you'll be back with the same problem. Have fun.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
What has been done here?
I wish to know the same. I'm assuming he made extra slots, but that they either don't work/can't be selected or work perfectly fine, but they just use their original counterpart's files, so it's kinda pointless.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
(if it's not obvious, you may have a problem)
I think I may have a problem.

I really, really, REALLY suck at this Brawlbox stuff but from the sounds of it this should be obvious enough for me to get. But I don't see a "frame" of the screen or an "animation" or anything.

I really don't get this lol

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I think I may have a problem.

I really, really, REALLY suck at this Brawlbox stuff but from the sounds of it this should be obvious enough for me to get. But I don't see a "frame" of the screen or an "animation" or anything.

I really don't get this lol
Right click the MDL0 and click "Preview" and then when the model viewer pops up click on the arrow on the right and scroll through the animation list until you find the MenSelchrPos_TopN animation. Click the arrow on the bottom and go through the frames until you find your menu (it should be obvious. If you can't see the bones, zoom out). Delete all the frames except that one, then add frames until you have 51 frames again.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
None of the frames contains anything.

Also, I decided to test out the thing to see if it even works in-game... It does, bar the fact I need to get a CSS code for 40 characters that works with it.... Lol it looks JUST like the 36 character one in the CSS organizer soo....

Now to learn how to make the custom CSS code work in tandem with my CSS! -_-

pokelover980

Smash Ace
None of the frames contains anything.

Also, I decided to test out the thing to see if it even works in-game... It does, bar the fact I need to get a CSS code for 40 characters that works with it.... Lol it looks JUST like the 36 character one in the CSS organizer soo....

Now to learn how to make the custom CSS code work in tandem with my CSS! -_-
If you zoom out you can see the bones, but not the pictures (sadly). Just look at the bones and pretend the pictures were there, and look for the one that looks most like your setup.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh, NOW I got it!

Thanks!

Now for the CSS code >.>

Grah, the game ALWAYS freezes or has some kind of error when I try to use one, though.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I wish to know the same. I'm assuming he made extra slots, but that they either don't work/can't be selected or work perfectly fine, but they just use their original counterpart's files, so it's kinda pointless.

21 is normal empty. I just made a file named as above, and it is recognized.

With that said, it's not linked to any(existing) data, so I'm pretty sure it'd crash if you try to select it in Brawl. Somebody feel free to test this if you know what you're doing.

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Reporting a small bug with the display in v2.0. When I made the scaling show up, I didn't account for the fact that a rotation will mess with the scaling inside a matrix. So if your rotation goes above 90/below 0 the icon will reach a scale of 0/negative causing it to disappear.(anything in between will just make it smaller or bigger) You can still select it via the dropdown box and it wont affect the outcome of the CSS, but it's annoying none the less.

Also, I'm not sure if this is consistent, but when I rotated the icons, the rotation remained on frame 1 instead of 36. This caused the rotation to be deleted when I removed the extra frames. So you may want to delete all but frame 1 and have your custom CSS on frame 2 and then pad back up to 51.

The CSS Organizer will handle however many textures/positions that are name "MenSelchrChrFace.xxx" or "posX"/"cposX" inside the file. While it is hypothetically possible to add additional icons and use them in game by simply setting the right icon value in the Custom CSS code, there is still the issue with the file sizing and/or any indexing that would likely be going on. As for using them with custom characters, that would still require the Clone Engine for when it came down to setting the character id associated with the icon.

As far as the Module Editor goes (and by extension the Clone Engine) progress has been rather slow as this has been a pretty busy week for me. However, I have discovered a little of the general layout of the named object classes that make up the modules. (As you were asking me about them earlier, Dantarion, just float me a PM if you're interested)

Edit: On a side note, there seems to be a bug that could either be from Brawlbox, BrawlLib, the CSSOrganizer or a combination of all three. Every now and again it seems the textures will get messed up despite appearing perfectly normal in Brawlbox - if anyone's got some information on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

(kudos to you E-Jolteon for your clever usage of Brawlbox and the CSS Organizer)

Edit Again: Oh, silly me, I forgot that there isn't an actual code out yet for changing the character/icon associations. I guess I'll release that next I get the chance.:upsidedown:

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
(kudos to you E-Jolteon for your clever usage of Brawlbox and the CSS Organizer)
Edit Again: Oh, silly me, I forgot that there isn't an actual code out yet for changing the character/icon associations. I guess I'll release that next I get the chance.:upsidedown:
Argh... Do I say thank you or hype!?:dizzy:

Well, both, I guess. Thank you, and hype.

Top Bottom