• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT3 Edmonton, Canada Results

Tyson651

Smash Lord
joel: i actually do live on the southside, just really deep south lol.

brad: ILL TAKE IT! i wanna combo carl, and make him cry :)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
You'll never combo carl alive. You'd have to destroy his control stick, his hand, and maybe even his hairstyle before you get a chance to land 2 consecutive hits on him.

shawn: aww. You shouldn't have. By the way, I am a BC guy. Lol. and it was night time for me too. although i bet you were playing a lot more smash because you were in the tourney longer. I just kinda played dutch blitz with danielle, jackie, and kevin. D was a pleasure to play with, too. Always smiling!

Just thought you should know that I like your spamus. And I like very few spamuses, pretty much just yours and Tiep's.

TYSON YELLED AT ME :(

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
The Obligatory Shout-outs....

I understand a number of the tournament attendees are anticipating a post of epic length out of me; it seems that I've become more famous for being wordy on the forums than anything smash-related. :)

Hitsugaya: As much as I loathe Peach, I cannot deny your impressive performance at CT3 and I never imagined that you would be able to dominate sets amidst Edmonton's best like you did. Never got to formally meet you or play you, although the latter's probably for the best. Us Calgary players have a hard enough time not embarrassing ourselves amongst the Edmonton crowd without having to worry about a real Peach.

Shwn: You know, ROFL, my fellow Luiginite from California, seems to make that Samus battle look so easy against HugS, and although I foresaw my own destruction way back at the first Red Deer tournament, I also believe that you're a notch better than HugS in the first place. You still have the best Samus I've seen anywhere.

FastFox: Always a pleasure, Joel. Missed out on the proper Luigi ditto money match, but those matches that we did get in were fun. I intend to leech knowledge off of you and your legion of Edmonton smashers on a more personal basis when I can find some time to head up there. And I know I've been saying it for a long time, but proimpact.ca really is nearly ready to go.

FalseFalco: Pristine tournament! Organization....forms to fill out....catered event....more TVs than you can shake a beam sword at...good work! Save for the general pressure that ends up on the shoulders of the tournament director every time, I thought it ran really well. Also, you managed to totally **** me in-game once again and every time it just makes it seems as though I don't even know the controls and shouldn't bother practicing at all. :psycho: Hopefully we'll be able to hammer out a greater number of matches the future...I'm still not totally convinced that you're untouchable but I'm gonna need way more than two matches to try and work around your relentless aggression and hopefully find a way to exploit your creative recklessness. You're out of your mind, Carl! "Yeaaa I'ma Luigi! Pleased to meet you Mart--ow!..oh god!! ah! jesus!! what's happ--ow! oh the sword--oof!! agggghh! wahahahaaaaaaaaaa!"

xxx-NoobKing-xxx: Didn't get around to playing you, Adam, maybe another time, but it appears that you had plenty of old ties with some of the more experienced Alberta smashers to consummate and I enjoyed watching your matches with the Punch Crew folk.

Mike: It's a shame that tournaments are always so busy and no one really has the time to get a good number of matches in. You have an awful lot of knowledge both about the game and about the smash community that is very valuable to me and hopefully I'll be able to extract some of that one of these days. I've seen you play some crazy matches and I wish I had seen more. Now if you can get those other Punch Crew guys to fill out a smasher profile, then I'd be truly impressed. :)

Steve: That's twice now! Still never got to see this Zelda I keep hearing so much about. Maybe next time. Or maybe not. Perhaps we should make it a tradition to avoid playing one another at tournaments just to see how long we can stretch that ultimate laziness out!

Jarrod: I never got the opportunity to see a Ganondorf ditto with Adam (if there even was one), but that is one I was looking forward to before the tournament began. I made something of a study out of your matches from that old AB vs. BC crew battle from way back when and it was great to be able to see that gameplay live. But then again, I guess you don't read these boards. :)

LemonLau: I fear the next time you come down to Calgary for a tournament, Sid. Not because I mind when you breeze into town and quietly destroy all our players, but rather because we have a Pikachu player who is the polar opposite of you and the strikingly different play styles might teach him a few things. Deadly things. Lord knows we don't need TWO "eliminators" in Alberta! :) Also, my fuzzy DK would like to challenge your hairstyle to a money match.

Magnum: What Alberta tournament could be fuelled without....Bowser Power!! I think I enjoyed my matches with you more than the others, Stu; probably because they were a lot closer. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind getting helplesly pinned to the wall by Carl and blasted mercilessly from the sky by Shwn, but it gives me some confidence to at least be able to hold my own against some of you elite Edmonton soldiers! We don't have a lot of solid Marth mains in Calgary either and the Luigi/Marth matchup is one that I've been wanting to conquer for a long time but just haven't had the exposure to put theory into practice.

Nick: I'm not exactly sure how I managed to drive all the way to Edmonton and participate in a tournament alongside someone who pretty much cleaned the floor with Luigi and then not capitalize on the opportunity to play or speak with you. I didn't even get to watch many matches but you managed to beat MICH, who has plenty of Luigi-fighting experience. You really seem to know how to get the job done with the man in green!

firexemblemxpryde: As Levi pointed out, you're a pretty bad dude, Manuel! Great showing for what I assume was your first interprovincial tournament, I look forward to playing you again.

Superboom: Dan? Is that who that is? I couldn't believe how good you are for living in Fort Saskatchewan and not exactly having access to a lot of solid competition on a regular basis. And what's this I'm hearing about your 64 Smash skill? We might have to arrange a match between you and BackItch some day...

Reese: Good talking to you, Reese; I don't remember if we got to play at all, but your matches with Mich were stellar!

Good show, team! This event was priceless in helping to push the Central Canada Smash Circuit into fully operational status!

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
NO PARKER SHOUT OUT?!
I am disgusted.
Anyways, ignore Kithkin because he plays Shiek LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I'll post my shout outs later when I feel motivated to.
So probably in a couple months or so.

Shwn

Smash Journeyman
Ya I'm down. I assume when u said WC u meant BC as well >.>
Of course <3

Shwn: You know, ROFL, my fellow Luiginite from California, seems to make that Samus battle look so easy against HugS, and although I foresaw my own destruction way back at the first Red Deer tournament, I also believe that you're a notch better than HugS in the first place. You still have the best Samus I've seen anywhere.
lol. Thanks Randall. I'm at school right now, so i'll check out that vid later. But I REALLY appreciate your comments. Your not the only person thats told me i've surpassed Hugs.

shawn: aww. You shouldn't have. By the way, I am a BC guy. Lol. and it was night time for me too. although i bet you were playing a lot more smash because you were in the tourney longer. I just kinda played dutch blitz with danielle, jackie, and kevin. D was a pleasure to play with, too. Always smiling!

Just thought you should know that I like your spamus. And I like very few spamuses, pretty much just yours and Tiep's.
I know your a B.C. Guy. :p I just wanted to give all you guys a general message after the specific shout outs.
But honestly, thanks for everything Manuel. As far as I know you **** me. lol. We didn't play mutch. So I'm gunna see you have an amazing Fox and Marth too.
But thanks a million for the compliments. I take pride in my some what flashy "on the ball" Samus. And I agree. I like Tiep's too. Him and I got it going for representing Canada. :grin:

oh shiz, my first shout, haha. thanks shawn, and yes, we are starting to kno how u guys play, so joel and i are gonna beat u next time kekek
lol. Oh Silly.

NO PARKER SHOUT OUT?!
I am disgusted.
I gave you one. <3

kithkin

Smash Champion
Tyson, just get footage of a C falcon with a carl tag, doesnt ened to be carl, just someone who can do something flashy and screw it up for combo footage.

And shut up mang, theres other sheiks out there too!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol so we get a footage of me playing falcon with carl's name tag, and i let my self get combo pwned by someone else? haha

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
zomg CANADIAN SAMUSES. Are you going to transcanada tournament? We seriously need some good representation.

Tyson made fun of me again. GO! Someone defend my honour!
By the way, Sheik isn't -that- bad. Unless it's Mike's or John's, then Sheik is just too good. Blech!
It should be noted that Carl's falcon is too sexy for his shirt.

Man, I know what you're saying. His spacing is freaking amazing. Also, I want to play Chester's Fox. Take the title of best Fox in Canada
Whoa. Calm down. I wasn't aware that Chesterr has the title of best Fox in Canada. As well, although your Fox is pretty good and it has haxxy trixx, I think there are a few candidates before you to take said title. As in... there are foxes (on this side of manitoba) that are way better than mine or yours. There's a reason Ryan (who is a fellow young smasher, 14) is ranked 1st in BC. Even above John, who did well at the tournament. Carl's Fox. Eric's fox.

=P not to mention vwins.

As far as the juggling goes, I guess it hadn't hit me. If you've played Mike, you know how scary he can be sometimes.
Yes, he's scary. =D

And like you said, we don't give ourselves titles. We're not THAT cocky. Remember, we're Central Canada. The coast is the cocky one. We're just the peace-loving tundra warriors that bring people together.
Lol, come again? I'm sorry if we portray ourselves as cocky, sir " take the title of best fox in canada " . ;)

I'm just messing with you. I do agree that 'best ... in canada' is too controversial.

dude, i'm so bored i'm picking apart fastfox's posts >.>

Tyson651

Smash Lord
levi, did u get to falcon ditto my friend? (azn, kinda fat, blonde-black spiky hair, no glasses)

and manuel, where did i make fun of u? hahaha and no one will defend for u :)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol. Go carl!

What did I leave Steve's sheik out in?

I only played it in doubles.

FFox teams with Tyson? Wow. Just like in smash! good thing I have stu ^_-

:edit:// Oh, I get it. Yes. But I was talking about Foxes, i believe. I didn't see his fox.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
we didnt do anything. manuel was accusing me for nothing. haha.

but im not afraid! cause i have no more villages for u to pillage anyway.

and uh, i will.. uh.. stomp ur.. comp! cause ur comp is apple haha. with ganon

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
lollerballz, tyson, I vas joking. But we can pillage each others' villages anyway!

As well, we have a pretty good ganon here. His name's Adam, and I'm sure that

When it comes to 16 year old Carl and 16 year old ManLi, Adam, you ARE the father!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
?!>! really?

I'm sorry Fastfox =(

*gives it back*.

Dude, do you guys have a thread where you guys can just.. talk? like a regional thread? Because I feel bad posting non-ct3 related comments on this thread.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
zOMG yayuhz thanks Shawn.

Some people wear superman pyjamas to bed. Superman wears Hitsugaya pyjamas to bed. John wears Shawn's Samus pyjamas at night.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
joel's confession though, was that he wore 'manuel with carl's jeans' pyjamas to bed.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
OH, ouch.You WISH you looked good in pyjamas, Joel. =]

and Carl's pants were dammn fine. Y'all have no idea. I'm pretty sure we all sport Ganondorf pyjamas, guys, we're not fooling anyone.

I'd wear Carl pyjamas if they were available. Seriously.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
haha yes,you can represent pichu from BC

lol guys, did you know robyextreme is ranked as the 5th best pichu player in the world? it's true. ask nsider..

kithkin

Smash Champion
cause both pichu and mewtwo never die. at all, best recoveries ever.

oh wait, thats right, both of them suck so neither of them can take advantage of the other.

crap you're right Joel.

Top Bottom