• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CT4: Edmonton May 31st 2008

FalseFalco

Smash Master
IMPORTANT:

there are no pools for any of the events.

This is due to time constraints. The bracket will be randomly seeded. To most people this doesn't really mean anything, but I felt people should be aware.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's not in Melee, silly. :)
Stay up all night thinking of that one?

[EDIT]

@ Tyson

Link never needed much wavedashing in the first place, so I guess woohoo for me in Melee. XD Oh well. And the reason you haven't seen me around for the Melee scene was because I'm a pretty late bloomer. My first CCSC tournament was 'At Melee's End' in Calgary, mid-December of 2007.

Wow. Only a couple of people to put names/controls in. People sure are enthusiastic. *shrugs* It's cool though. ^^

@ Chesterr

Don't worry. That's not gonna happen. Because Sonic's taking it all. :p

Tyson651

Smash Lord
oh lol. that was the only tourney i didnt go to. cause i had finals during that time.

lol sonic..

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Awww that sucks man. Oh well. At least we'll play at CT4! Let's have a good one.

I'm totally paving the way for Sonic in Brawl, man. Just watch. XD

unityole

Smash Lord
how come theres no ssb64 tournament?
im sure everyone has equal chance to win

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ssb64 has a low chance for everyone -> only a few play that competitively.
melee has an ok chance for everyone -> everyone does, but theres peaks in players.
brawl has a lot of chance for everyone -> brand new :)

Wrong.

Wrong.
lol dont be so mean :p

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Stay up all night thinking of that one?
Yes. I find the waning midnight hours long and dreary, to be best spent constructing 4-5 word burns against Brawl and shouting them o'er the townspeople as the crisp twilight air whistles mysteriously atop my balcony tower made of discarded Wii cases and shattered portraits of Sakurai. :p

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Yes. I find the waning midnight hours long and dreary, to be best spent constructing 4-5 word burns against Brawl and shouting them o'er the townspeople as the crisp twilight air whistles mysteriously atop my balcony tower made of discarded Wii cases and shattered portraits of Sakurai. :p
Nice one. XDD *high five*

[EDIT]

Oh, by the way, Mike. One name comes to mind. Aniki, my idol when it comes to Link users in Melee. A shame he moved to Samus. No wavedash though, epic Link.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Oh, by the way, Mike. One name comes to mind. Aniki, my idol when it comes to Link users in Melee. A shame he moved to Samus. No wavedash though, epic Link.

Aniki is to Melee beginners as Melee 2.0 is to Brawl fans. Overated to ****

I'm sick of all the noobs who bring up Aniki in a conversation about wavedashing/advanced techniques and saying that they too don't need to wavedash to win. No offense Brandon.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
This thread is no longer a hate on Brandon thread. Everyone f off till Saturday, then you can say it to his face or something.

Also Brandon this is not Brawl discussion, but to aid you in your quest for knowing what you're talking about: your right, wavedashing isn't necessary. Neither is L cancelling. Or jumping. Or attacking.

They're tools. They're there. Use them.

You'd be a ****** if you used a screwdriver to hammer a nail and insisted that "noone needs hammers anyway".

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hey look at sid, he's amazing, and CONSIDERED one of the less technical players.

But beign a less technical player myself, I know that its more CHOICE that we dont really wavedash than the fact that we can't.

anyways, Sids amazing.

One thing though, Roykid is the best idol for link.

kithkin

Smash Champion
CARL SUX HES THE WORST I DONT KNOW WHY ANYONE WOULD EVER AGREE WITH HIM OVERRATED TOO

Man, I watched him 3 stock Kage again today, that was too good Carl<3

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
k SO.

I checked bus times, since I couldn't get a ride with people I checked with.

I'd end up missing everything but Brawl singles, and I'd miss the sign up so I don't think I'd be able to do that either.

If ANYONE from Calgary is driving / has an extra seat, would I be able to get a ride? I'd also offer to pay gas money for the trips.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, Carl.

My apologies to anyone if I happened to start a ruckus. T'was the last thing I wanted to do. Letting bygones be bygones ftw. Back to the epicness of CT4!

4 more days!!!

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I know that its more CHOICE that we dont really wavedash than the fact that we can't.
lol if I could WD I'd be doing it all the time. Instead I end up triangle jumping like I'm Magneto or something. I'm not willing to practice and practice to A) be able to WD consistently, and more importantly B) take the time to completely change my current style to integrate WDing into my game.

DON LET NO **** BREKK MAH STRIED TROOF

Whose shirodk? o.o
Best Wolf in Edmonton

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
lol if I could WD I'd be doing it all the time. Instead I end up triangle jumping like I'm Magneto or something. I'm not willing to practice and practice to A) be able to WD consistently, and more importantly B) take the time to completely change my current style to integrate WDing into my game.

DON LET NO **** BREKK MAH STRIED TROOF
You are a dumb****. But you knew that. :p

Who's Shirodk?
Best Wolf in Edmonton
QFT.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Predictions: FOR MELEE OBVIOUSLY

1v1 (assuming no OOS are going):

1st - Carl
2nd - Mike
3rd - Superboom (better not let me down boom)

2v2:

1st - Carl & Shawn if shawn is going.
2nd - Mike & Jarrod?
3rd - superboom and someone

EDIT: BOOM! BOOM! BOOOOOOOM! B-B-B-B-BOOM! BOOM!

xpiritflare

Smash Apprentice
k SO.

I checked bus times, since I couldn't get a ride with people I checked with.

I'd end up missing everything but Brawl singles, and I'd miss the sign up so I don't think I'd be able to do that either.

If ANYONE from Calgary is driving / has an extra seat, would I be able to get a ride? I'd also offer to pay gas money for the trips.
WHAT??!?!... dude... .....

me too =)

Top Bottom