• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cult: Quit smash & Join SF4 with me

Atlus8

Smash Master
You want to see technical?

Check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_YEB0ZOSc (Guilty Gear X)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U08xNVUx7RA (SF3 third Strike)

CHECK THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83LQ5G5kpE&feature=channel_page (it's Mavhaa BABY!)

Man, Rey. I can only imagine how much trouble you're gonna have learning the stick lol.
Awwww yeah! Nice vids right there!

Now ur making it seem like Third Strike doesn't have tech skill LMAO! Ummm.. WRONG lol. 3rd strike is pretty **** technical. And no, SF4 takes more tech skill than any DBZ game. I really do hope u were joking lol.
Hahahaha! I was just glad to see Falcomist telling it how it is! I was just agreeing that 3S does require tech skill Don't be so quick to judge a DBZ game (tsk, tsk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWWyg2pWaI0&feature=channel_page

Atlus u guys have Blazblue in socal?

If u come back to norcal sometime we can go play that at Sunnyvale golfland.
I hardly ever go to the arcades, so I wouldn't know if we do have BlazBlue. The game does look good, but I can see that it's slower than Guilty Gear :(

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
there is a blazblue at dejin, ffa, and ucla has to put theirs up still
it looks fun but its no GG
i havent played it still

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Also with 3s ken: learn to poke like a biatch lol. mid crouching punch links to alot of shiz and crouching mid kick on hit gives a free hadoken.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
lol Hellmonkey is from Irvine
i never met him though
i rarely go on dustloops
and i dont like SRK forums
but all of them are there now

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
If I played GG, I'd main Baiken. A samurai chick with one eye, one arm and drinks sake. Definitely my kinda character lol.

DJMirror

Smash Master
get a hori stick it's worth the money if you dont find the tournament edition sf4 stick

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
this thread
lol
sf4 *****. but the most technical games would go melee, GG, MvC, in some order. 3s is pretty technical, but SF games in general dont require too much tech.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Atlus go to Arcades Infinity near Fullerton University, before i got into smash, i was there every weekend, they have melty blood, GG AC, Sf3, MVC2, MVC1, no tekken and Soul Calibur (the owner hate those two games cuz it's boring) Sf4, KOF XI, 2002 and 98 UM, CVS2, CVS1 and stuff

JDM and Rei we should go to someday

hey nasty nate you should go too it's pretty chill

Peaches

Smash Lord
This thread is hilarious. Arguing about which is more technical is pretty silly. That doesn't make the better game and even then I don't think you really know what you're talking about. BTW Marvel is the most technical. It requires some very difficult timing (mostly just for sent) Mags is just fast inputs like Guilty Gear. Melee requires a lot of tech skill , but you don't have to learn to block. There is just a block buttoin, you don't get comboed if you block the wrong way (though you might be disadvantaged).

Anyways, stop hating on the game and play it. Melee is a tricky game to play, but that has no bearing on what games I choose to play.

Atlus8

Smash Master
There is just a block buttoin, you don't get comboed if you block the wrong way (though you might be disadvantaged).
You best be kidding. You better move your shield around, if one hit gets in through your block then you best be sure to have good DI. Your right, tech skill doesn't make the game better

Sleepy

Smash Ace
lol yeah this is pretty silly, at a max level tech skill of course guilty gear has the highest learning curve. In the end though, you're comparing smash which isn't a traditional 2d fighter to sf4. SF4 actually took out a lot of the old style technical stuff, most of the links and hit confirm. They made it a lot easier than 3s, and took out parrying which removed guess parries and made spacing more crucial. Some still is there, otherwise sf4's focus system plays more in respect to SF2 with less technical ability and more spacing.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I think what character you use defines what more technical is. Some characters in Melee are more technical than some characters, and some characters in SF are more technical. It just depends who you use. Would you say that Peach or Jigglypuff is more technical than anyone in SF? But then if you compare Fox it's different...it also depends on your playstyle. Also isn't SF4 new? Don't games evolve and develop some more technical stuff get discovered as you go along? Melee wasn't very technical when it came out..or maybe the SF series doesn't lend itself to evolving gameplay as much. Who knows. All I know is that its kind if hard to say whats more technical because it just depends when, how, and who you are playing with..

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I don't know SF metagame generally is found out a lot quicker or at least perceived a lot quicker because the **** are all over it breaking it down off the bat, I mean it only takes a small adjustment between xx of guilty gear and #r before they readjusted the way they play their characters to compensate for combos changing. Also capcom already sort of set the bar making SF4 modeling it somewhat similar to SF2 super turbo.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Atlus go to Arcades Infinity near Fullerton University, before i got into smash, i was there every weekend, they have melty blood, GG AC, Sf3, MVC2, MVC1, no tekken and Soul Calibur (the owner hate those two games cuz it's boring) Sf4, KOF XI, 2002 and 98 UM, CVS2, CVS1 and stuff

JDM and Rei we should go to someday

hey nasty nate you should go too it's pretty chill
sure as long as we go on the off hours to get more games in

Sleepy

Smash Ace
*run up*

*sheild so that they miss space something*

*punish*

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
lol I saw you do that **** with ganon a bunch of times, and then fair people.
chudat is a dash braking *****.

but bacon and pot are boringass characters :/ I like jam (old jam) and (old) johnny. Miss old school DB combos then they ruined both those characters making hokuto no jam and boringass mvc2 johnny.

Top Bottom