• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Current Standings! Drive ends END OF JANUARY! 1/31 at 11:59pm PST!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Its not over yet, we got to keep an eye on skull girls

:phone:

Edit: we should hold another donation drive before this is over

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
maybe see bout any tourneys that are coming up before this is over and see if they will donate half of the pot or something

:phone:

There should be another increase shortly due to the venue fees from SWEET IX going to this. However, this was held today.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There should be another increase shortly due to the venue fees from SWEET IX going to this. However, this was held today.
Got bad news for you, I already made my donation during the podcast in anticipation of the number of venue fees I'd collect from SWEET IX. We did get a higher turnout than predicted though, so I will indeed be throwing in an additional donation.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Got bad news for you, I already made my donation during the podcast in anticipation of the number of venue fees I'd collect from SWEET IX. We did get a higher turnout than predicted though, so I will indeed be throwing in an additional donation.
Genuinely curious how much did we get?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There were 50 entrants at my tourney, so about $250 raised for the fund. I already made a $200 donation during the podcast, so I'll be making an additional $50 donation.

Scar

#HarveyDent
It should be noted that we've stagnated though.. which isn't so awesome.
yeah, i've been super impressed as well
SG is slowing down. But I've heard they're planning a drive of their own.
I've heard that too - we have another in the works as well, though. If you or anyone you know is willing to pledge $100+, we can do another matching drive =D otherwise we'll have to do it for something else.
so this ends the 30th right? less then 10 days to watch our backs!
actually it ends on 1/29, but it's unclear at what time

Acryte

Smash Ace
Let's do this thang... If we get a decent number of matchers to get another off the ground (I'm sure we can) I'll match 200.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Dang, even if skullgirls does end up having a large drive, im sure that we could still top them. This community is lookin amazing right now.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
We need another big drive. Skullgirls making their push

http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed

Stream where their drive is happening

****ty thing about this whole thing is the developers are the ones setting up the drives and donating a lot too. Smash unfortunately does not have that luxury. But I still believe

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
****ty thing about this whole thing is the developers are the ones setting up the drives and donating a lot too. Smash unfortunately does not have that luxury.
Devs donating themselves is against the rules.

Regardless, Smash has a thriving competitive community in spite of the developers muffled and muted reaction to it. This is a good opportunity to make an open statement of that. :bee:

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
This is rather insulting. I was going to buy Skullgirls with the next infusion of PSN cash, but now I am not going to. They don't deserve my money now for putting down another fighter. I guess that because they are SRK supported, that they can insult another game by calling it a non-fighter. This is unprofessional by a official twitter page, and I hope that Smashers, if you play Melee or Brawl it doesn't matter, take to the twitter page and call them out on it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think its sad that you guys spent so much money that could have been used to run the grassroots tournaments that have kept you going this long, only to see the obviously reality that newer games just have way more people around willing to throw in 5 bucks to see it at EVO.

That comment should show you all that they won't accept jigglypuff vs peach alongside them no matter how hard you try. Saying it was just for the hype doesn't excuse it being a low blow attempting to discredit all your hard work.

Even though the most vocal Melee supporters on this site seem to treat Brawl the same way, I don't think its right for the FCG (or skullgirls specifically) to belittle the whole community like that.

As a Brawl player, I'd toss in some money if I actually thought you guys could win or that being at EVO would help change the way the FCG sees you.

Cybit

Smash Rookie
16.5k -- SkullGirls is doing really well. Might want t

I think the "real fighting game" was meant as more of a jab and not a serious attack. I'm putting in some money for Melee, my cousin loves Melee and has introduced me to Melee streams.

Good luck catching up with SG!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, good luck, you guys should have sniped them. I guarantee you their community has more money to throw around and you guys showed them way too early that they need it.

If it doesn't work out, hopefully 2nd place still gets you some exposure and good things come of it.

BrandX

Smash Ace
I am so glad we were able to do this, the voice actor message was definitely a higher reason to donate XD

Don't give up though, you still have time :D

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, good luck, you guys should have sniped them. I guarantee you their community has more money to throw around and you guys showed them way too early that they need it.

If it doesn't work out, hopefully 2nd place still gets you some exposure and good things come of it.
Dat overreaction and willing to give up so easily attitude. ;)

A 5k lead isn't much at all when there's 4 days still to catch up and then some.

Now if it were a 20k lead, I'd be thinking differently. Also, there's no way they have more money to throw around, do you even know the situation the dev team itself is in? Much less the fact that their game hardly has any tournaments to begin with? Come on dude, it's definitely not as bad as you're making it out to be.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
MrWizard tweeted it during the emergency stream thing that was held earlier. He came in to talk to the viewers and streamers and we asked for a specific date/time and he tweeted that.

Browny

Smash Hater
If smash gets closer... I might put in 50-100

I wont do it now because well, im in australia and I wouldnt even be able to go. But I dont like the attitude of that tweet from skullgirls.

Top Bottom