• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Gecko OS background

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Well got bored and made a new Gecko OS background, it stays more true to the original Super Smash Bros. Melee menu background, but the background is lighter and larger (that's why the menu looks different) and the grids aren't the same, but overall still quite similar in many areas. It also has that Project: M logo from the original Gecko OS background and the "DEMO 2.5" on the top-right corner. I still love the current Project: M Gecko OS background, but hey more options are better. Any feedback is welcome.

Here to compare:

For those of you who already forgot what the original looked like, then here:

So how do I insert it?
Save the image below by right-clicking and then press "Save image as...", then save it as "background.png":

Drag and replace the current "background.png" in your SD card to this one.
Boot up Project: M and enjoy.

It should look like this now.

Also feel free to post anymore if you guys have some.

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Perdy kjuul. I'd use this if I were a Melee kid or if I didn't love the sleek new look. I feel like rather than trying to replicate the original entirely, it builds upon it to create an entirely new look.

Top Bottom