• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Gecko OS Backgrounds

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
Try this: create a folder called "data" on the root of your SD card, and a folder called "gecko" inside that folder, then place "background.png" in it.

It'll look like: G:\data\gecko\background.png

If that doesn't work you either have a bad picture or you're cursed.

Here's one that works for sure:

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
@ Sph34r: is that a copy-pasted gecko I see? XD

if you want I can give you the one with transparency. XP

Rudra

Smash Ace
Try this: create a folder called "data" on the root of your SD card, and a folder called "gecko" inside that folder, then place "background.png" in it.

It'll look like: G:\data\gecko\background.png

If that doesn't work you either have a bad picture or you're cursed.
This should be in the OP.
:005:

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Wait, but... Now the colors don't match. I'm using Zephron's if anyone cares. Please put it on the first page.

Also, how did you get the Mod Launcher to work? I can't.

BriGuy64

Smash Rookie
Uh... well...
I have no clue why you wanted to edit mine that way but okay...

I already added all 3 games. O_o
Anywho, welcome to Smash Boards son.
It is so they are next to there respective selections on the mod launcher, and sadly I would of did it in the red and would of rotated the inside 180 deg so the "selectors" in the back ground are around there respective symbols (and possibly the words); it would be like that... if i could edit better (or even have ANY artistic talent AT ALL) sorry :urg:, but alas it works for me.:) Also, I made the BR in Bros a different red so you could read the Gecko Os (less aesthetic :( but it shows the base/in use program in the title and makes a pun for the Mod Launcher:)) And I do prefer yours over all (for both) but looks a little more right for the mod launcher (position wise).

and @ Plaid02: If your was skipping around like mine was (over BB and B+) you need an older Wii system menu or you need cIOS 38 (that's all i can say about that and i am not even sure if i allowed to say that much (if it is, tell me I'll edit it out)) and then it will start to work right; but still, when i use it (semi-often) the sound always acts weird *shrug*

Sorry about the over use of emoticons

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Here are 2 that I whipped together the moment I found this thread:

Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann and Haruhi's awesome rockstar outfit :3

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
O.o Seriously? At least go watch Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann. You won't regret it :)

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... I have 4.2, so that's pretty new. Lol. I don't really know what that cIOS 38 is, where I would find it, or what I would do with it though...

hochin

Smash Cadet
Anyone know where to find a nice transparent image of the Brawl Plus Logo? Been looking everywhere...

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I was actually going to go watch TTGL, ive heard that its really good, whats it like anyway? Is it funny or serious, action based or drama based or what?

ON TOPIC: I might make one of these one day, i like the TTGL one and protoman. The other ones are pretty kewl too.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I was actually going to go watch TTGL, ive heard that its really good, whats it like anyway? Is it funny or serious, action based or drama based or what?

ON TOPIC: I might make one of these one day, i like the TTGL one and protoman. The other ones are pretty kewl too.
Its got the best thing in the world in it: Kamina ^^

Top Bottom