• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom stage Minigames

Alzi

Smash Master
Some of these are awsome!.

I've got a few like the cracker launcher, football etc i got off youtube but some people come up with crazy ideas like that pokemon battle one looks epic. :D

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Thanks, I enjoy the recognition, and just so you all know, even if people on this thread stop coming up with ideas, every month I do a you tube check for any new minigames.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I'm looking up some more minigames, and hopefully we can revive this slightly, unfortunately I can't deny the fact that most of the contributors aren't even ON smash boards any more. We are just shy of 10,000 views, that would be a great achievement to know 10,000 people were able to check out the minigames here, please keep trying guys. I'm coming up with some myself, Brawl's replay value is growing thin, more reason to revive this thread. And with the smash service, now would be the time to submit these stages to immortalize them.

My apologies for the double post, and for "necromancing". That term is used pretty cruelly around here, but I hope the mods can understand that it's not meant to be harmful given th circumstances of it's existence. If this is the last post here, or by the time that this thread stops, I think I'll ask for it be closed.
If you guys want a reason, it is like writing an entire book, and not ending it. When this thing finally dies, whether it be now, or much later (hopefully) I want to tie it off. It would feel like leaving a dead thread open ended. Closing it once it's doen will be a sort of funeral, a goodbye, that I hope we can all appreciate. But let's not end on that note, I will updating the main post with other videos I find on you tube, and may come up with some ideas. I admit that this thread is near the end of it's life cycle, but let's go out with a bang!

Leethoof

Smash Rookie
A minigame I came up with

Just a little something I came up with

Gardening Race

A two (possibly four if your good a stage-making) player game where one is Mario and the other is Squirtle. You play on a symetrical stage (divided in the middle with a wall) with a bunch of green springs representing plants in hard to reach/ faraway places. When one of you says go, you both try and water all the plants on your side (with FLUDD/ water spray) as afast as you can. First one done wins.

The stage that I made had a basic level with three plants, and underground cave with one plant, and a sky garden with one plant. When you were done with those, you had to go to the top of the dividing wall and water the mushrooms up there to win.

I will post a vid on youtube sometime soon.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
For like 2 months, I have been building skill mazes for Mario. I have 1 easy and 3 challenging stages created so far, and when my new computer comes in (late August), I'll be posting these Stages up. Im actually thinking about making contests out of each one, Fastest times, first to complete, etc. Just giving a big heads up for it.
Hopefully I can atleast post the simple ones as teasers in early july. But, we'll see what happens.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
My 1000th post, and I wanted to use it to use a bump on this thread, i'm not sure how many actually still play Brawl regularly to take advantage of these minigames (I still do).

This is the last bump I will do for this thread, and may I say it has been a great run, and I hope everyone has gotten or will get a chance to try out these awesome minigames.

(That is, only if this bump doesn't bring anyone else to the thread)

For all people just visiting for the first time, please see the main post for tons (and i do mean tons) of minigames in video and written form, and please submit a minigame if you want to.

AND WE HAVE PASSES 10,000 POSTS!!!
I'm glad I could be a part of this amazing thread that will hopefully continue.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Another minigame thread! I have something like an obsession with making stage builder games. One, which is still being developed, is named Pillars. I created a story for it and everything. Here's the link to the story and other related videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxH6waupmHM. I am also developing 2 other games. So, I will be posting here often. Awesome thread.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
that guy in wario bike racing's vid was a weird voice, but strangely soothing after awhile o.O
darn ut00b being down for maintenance now, just as I was getting into these ><

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
-*Crate Surfing*-
Make a stage with many slanted surfaces and a flat surface at the top of at least one of the slants, basically a "track", preferably with a ceiling big enough for you to be standing on a crate. Enclosed walls at the bottom area of the stage are preferable, unless you want to ramp off of the edge!

Next, go into Training Mode with as many other players as you want. Spawn a Rolling Crate at the top of the track, or at the flat part, stand on it, and use an attack (varies between characters; uncharged dsmash or dtilt often works) so your crate begins to roll with you on top of it. Direction that you roll in may vary depending on what attack you use and where you were standing, so it may take some practice to get it right, along with track adjustments to make the crate roll longer.
Put items like bumpers, Bomb-ombs, etc. (or players, for teh lulz when they go flying, preferably at 999% xD) in your way if you like, to make obstacles or a "brake".

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Nice to see we the thread is getting better reception, gimme a little while( have some stuff to do) to quickly put in your ideas.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
In Miami... sweating my *** off &gt;.&gt;
☠
Not sure If anyone has mentioned this, but make a huge hollow square stage and put nothing but a small gap on the top of it. Have everyone go inside the square if they appear on the outside, and Brawl away! This is especially fun with items xP. You'll find yourself living to 999% almost consistently until you somehow escape through the hole.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Yea, duelist is pretty epic. We even have mini-tournaments at the regular tournaments. It's actually pretty common in Texas because it's a minigame that actually requires a lot of skill.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I would like to revive this for the newcomers to Smash Boards, in the main post you will find a robust selection of written and video documented Custom Stage mini-games, and feel free to suggest ideas, and if they are clear, they will be added to the main post.

UberMario

Smash Master
I hope this gets stickied, I never thought of doing most of these, and there are a lot of godd choices here.

I'd like to add a variation of "Street Fighter" that I made up a while back.

-Set the Special Brawl mode to Heavy, and shut off items
-Create a box with a spiked roof (to prevent the game from spawning characters up there) and make the fighting space within the box 2 blocks high and 5-10 bocks wide [depends on how close you want it]
-Set Stamina to 300HP, and have at it!
-Also, if you really want to make it like Street Fighter, allow the character roster to only be:

[Any attacks allowed]
-Captain Falcon
-Ganondorf
-Lucario
-Zelda [no transforming]
-Shiek [no transforming]
-Donkey Kong*
[No specials allowed]
-Mario
-Luigi
-Wario
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf
-Bowser*
-Yoshi*
-Kirby*
-Pikachu*
-Jigglypuff*
-Diddy Kong*
-Sonic*
[No specials or smashes allowed]
-Snake

Everyone else is banned, due to them eiher being too small or using a sword, projectile, or something similar for the majority of their moveset.

*=Not-really "SF-esque", but their moves are physical enough to be used for this

Or you could just go the way of Ken and Ryu and just have Captain Falcon vs. Blood Falcon :p

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
This thread is pretty nice. Hadesblade[/namesearchbait] should totally play some of these with me, during one our smashfests. Brawl minigames are a good way to focus on certain skills in the game, sometime. Duelist being C4 recovery with Snake, as well as teching.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I just made this minigame up, and had been playing it for hours! It's highly addictive!!!

Ok here's the stage: (the smallest model)
+=Empty blocks
X=Falling blocks

++++++++++
++++++++++
++++++++++
++++++++++
X++X++X++X
++++++++++
++++++++++
++++++++++

The game is called: "TRUST FALL!"

5-stocks
4 Sonics
survivor wins!

In this game you will have to rely on your enemy's recovering abilities to keep you from falling until another block appears, there's going to be a lot of "spring saving", "homing attack coop", wall-kicks, stool jumps, ANYTHING to survive. Sometimes you're going to have to trust your foe to help each other recover and then keep fighting in a safer position. CPU's are pretty good here too! ^^
The 1st stock is the trickiest, every block falls. D:

Guys I'm serious, it's extremely fun and addictive... trust me ;)

Top Bottom