• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Customisation - Please help!

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
I have added various bits of custom content to my project M build and there are a few things I would like help with.
Some stages I have added do not include custom stage banners, leaving me with it's default stage name. Is there a way to make banners in P:M font?
I also struggle making professional looking stage icons, I have tried pasting the border onto an in-game screenshot but it looks visually inferior to other custom icons.
Lastly I would like to know how to rename BRSTM's within matches and options, there are plenty of songs that I need renaming.

It isn't essential but any help would be appreciated.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
The font the Project M uses is named Edo SZ. You can use any image editor to make a new banner then import it using BrawlBox.

For making professional-looking SSS icons, export one of the preexisting ones, making the inside transparent (leaving the border). Then resize a screenshot of the stage down to the dimensions of the icon. Make a new layer using that resized screenshot, then put the layer containing the border on top of it. Clean it up a bit then import using BrawlBox.

To modify song titles in-game, modify MiscData[140] in info/info2.pac. To modify song titles on the menus, modify MiscData[7] in menu2/mu_menumain.pac. You can import/export MiscData[140] and MiscData[7] into each other to keep the titles consistent between the game and the menu.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Very helpful, thank you!
What programme would you recommend for making SSS icons? I'm using word and can apparently only make one colour transparent at a time, also I am consistently loosing the wrap points, so exporting results in solid corners.

Top Bottom