• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Customized Controllers - EDIT: Lower prices & new samples

nipoo

Smash Cadet
Custom Controllers

This is a project I started recently. I've seen people with stickers on their controllers and I figured that someone could have the same sticker as the next but not the same drawing.

I've yet to see how this would work with out-of-the-local situations but, for now, I'll be going to tournaments and offering to customize your controller there if enough people are interested.

Here's my website; which is being updated at the moment:

• Samples: (Can be any type of controller)

• Pricing: [EDIT: Lowered the prices because, as of late, they weren't the amount I was charging.]

• Monochrome (One color, ex. Toon Link one) - $5
  • Color - $10
  • Entire controller - $20

• Payment Method:

• In Person:

This is for those of you who are local. We could meet up, you give me your controller and we meet up again when it's done. I could also work on it on-the-spot; in which case it'd be better to meet somewhere like Zero Ping (I'll be going there more often) or a place of your choice.​

• Mail Order:

This one is a little more difficult because of the shipping and the time it takes to get the finished product back to you, but not impossible. For this specific method, you could pay over PayPal or enclose the money with your controller when shipping. I still haven't checked what the price for shipping would be but depending on that, I might have to charge a little more so I can atleast break even. (:​

• Ordering:

Just PM me and we'll talk about it. I also have AIM: toonNiP if you prefer that (:

thanks guyssss.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I might try something similar but I gotta make sure my drawings are right. Did you sketch on the controller before you painted?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Haha that's awesome, I'd love to have one done, I just don't have a legit GC control or plane tickets.

nipoo

Smash Cadet
man now i wanna go pimp my controller! thats one awesome design you did
Haha thanks!

You should do different controllers like wiimote and classic. but i like you GC one
That's a really good idea. I'll see if I do the ones at my house and post those too. And thank you.

Oh god this is genius. Looks real spiffy, too.
lol Thanks.

what do you use to draw on the controllers?
Acrylic paint, permanent markers, prisma colors & pencil.

Haha that's awesome, I'd love to have one done, I just don't have a legit GC control or plane tickets.
It could be any controller, really lol. But thank you. One day I guess.

Kantō

Smash Champion
so this is this for show only? or will this stuff where off with the gamer's sweaty hands at a tourney?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so this is nicole from sat/zp eh?

anyway wasup o.o

how much do u charge? and what are the charges based on
how much time do you need for each request?
when/where do we give you the controller/pick up o.o?

and u should goto zp more!

ill design a controller on how i would like it to look.

ill edit my post later

@bry not if u use special paints :3 and overpaint sprays

edit:
my request:

and

=3 arakune is so sexy

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
So you can't like...do this with a mail service or whatever? :urg: I REALLY want one.

nipoo

Smash Cadet
So you can't like...do this with a mail service or whatever? :urg: I REALLY want one.
I can definitely do that, but not at the moment. I'll put up details for that soon~

I'm presuming you meant prisma markers? o.o
Permanent markers AND Prisma Markers (which are also called Prisma Colors) lol.

so this is nicole from sat/zp eh? ...
Oh man, yeah it's me haha. I wish I could go to ZP more but it's so far ):
If Seibrik hosts another get together this weekend there, I'll def go! (And maybe work on your controller (; It only takes me like half an hour - 45 min. (:

As for prices, I have to update the thread with them but I'll give you them now.

I charge:
  • $10 for small, monochrome images like my controller.
  • $12-15 for larger images in color.
  • $20-25 for whole controller pieces.

so this is this for show only? or will this stuff where off with the gamer's sweaty hands at a tourney?
It's not for show because it'll have a clear coating that'll keep it from doing just that. It's unrealistic to say, however, that it won't wear off eventually lol.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i would def. be interested in buying a peice of your artwork if you plan on doing this through the mail. will you have controllers? or do we have to send you one first then you paint it?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
wow awesome nicole. i would like my 2nd controller :3. you could just goto zp urself this sat? i might go but not for brawl unless theres a setup there o.o

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I will definitely be getting one if (when? :D) you let us mail them. :3

Chaco

Never Logs In
There's multiple Prisma Colors man, lol.

Markers, Pencils, Pastels, Charcoals, and so on.

nipoo

Smash Cadet
i would def. be interested in buying a peice of your artwork if you plan on doing this through the mail. will you have controllers? or do we have to send you one first then you paint it?
It would have to be the latter. I'm going to put up the details on mail-order controllers by tonight/early tomorrow.

wow awesome nicole. i would like my 2nd controller :3. you could just goto zp urself this sat? i might go but not for brawl unless theres a setup there o.o
I'm def going this Saturday so I'll take my stuff to work on your controller. (:

I will definitely be getting one if (when? :D) you let us mail them. :3
Like I told Bry, I'll be putting up the info for the mail-order controllers soon tonight/early tomorrow (:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
oh **** wait. theres a big blazblue tourney on the 3rd in Miami :< i cant go. i have to go to win money lol guess on the next one xD. goto the brawl monthlies hosted by advent lee! btw do you do any other artworks using other media such as computer/paintings etc

nipoo

Smash Cadet
oh **** wait. theres a big blazblue tourney on the 3rd in Miami :< i cant go. i have to go to win money lol guess on the next one xD. goto the brawl monthlies hosted by advent lee! btw do you do any other artworks using other media such as computer/paintings etc
Dammitttttttt.
Good luck then; I play Arakune too (; Carl is my main though rofl.

And I do! I have a website but I'm updating it at the moment so there might be a few things out of place:

Gonipoo.com

(:

Gea

Smash Master
You should showcase some pieces at Winterfest and start a mini-business of it. I would be interested but it all depends on the cost, etc.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
better be majoring in art! i wish i could but sadly there is way too much competition in my field so i went medical :\ but hell art will always be my passion >_>

and we must fight in blaz!

nipoo

Smash Cadet
better be majoring in art! i wish i could but sadly there is way too much competition in my field so i went medical :\ but hell art will always be my passion >_>

and we must fight in blaz!
LOL I'm a nursing major but art is def my passion too hahaaa

And fxck yesss. Once I get Live again I'll def play you. My Gamertag is nipoo (;

nipoo

Smash Cadet
You should showcase some pieces at Winterfest and start a mini-business of it. I would be interested but it all depends on the cost, etc.
I was planning on doing that but I don't really think I could make it. I already went to Gigs. ):

Top Bottom