• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
. same goes for smasher's "updated" pj64k... any reason not to?

As I said its updated, and the only source code of project64k there is, is 1.4 which sucks because it has those ******** cheat layout. You want the source code? Google pj64, go to downloads on first link, go to binary, then get application source. Because theres nothing I could do to fix anything in the source code. All i can do is update some binary errors to make it smoother and play more games online without ds sense the packet drop rate is lowered. Iv edit the source code before after adding kaillera and something always messes up like ill forget to rename the kaillera emulator name from mame to pj64k or what ever i call the emulator like ultra64k or something crazy will just happen. So the pj64k updates are just to fix the project64k errors till its as perfect as possible for a emulator to be on kaillera.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 15 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- **The previously-disabled waiting games button taunting you for the last two releases is finally enabled!** [idea: malva]
--- The pinging of these servers is not implemented yet sadly (the built-in data pinging structures are whack IMO). I'll probably end up crafting my own ping packets eventually. Sorry for the inconvenience :(
--- This feature is not 100% stable yet.
--- The Galaxy often shows incorrect information. This is true on supraclient too and is not a problem with my client.
- The "change mode" box now has initial focus for all 3 modes: p2p, kaillera, and playback [idea: malva]
- Settings are automatically saved sooner so that crashes are less likely to "erase" newly-entered settings [idea: NeoKronos]
- Options menu reworked:
--- New option: enable or disable taskbar window flashing when a user joins your room. The default is OFF. [idea: A$]
--- New option: enable or disable beep when a user joins your room. The default is ON. [idea: malva]
--- Added an OK and Cancel button. Pressing OK will save and activate the new settings. Pressing cancel or "X"ing out of the window will disgard the settings. [idea: firo]
--- If you are an admin, you can no longer overwrite the host's settings by accident using the options menu. [idea: firo]
- Removed the "optons" button in the kaillera server select window, which did absolutely nothing anyhow [idea: malva]
- Modified the "About" window to include my name [idea: firo]
- Finally labeled the box where you can enter the custom join message
- Created a game advertise button [idea: streak, message formatting by asylum]

Enjoy,
Owna

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, I'm thinking you should go ahead and add a tab at the bottom similar to supraclient, that way the client could be more organized.

malva00

Smash Master
i think change mode should be in focus when you leave a server instead of having the last thing you clicked on being in focus

EDIT: if i try to enter a server from the master server or anti3d list, i'll get a small window with the title "buf" and then the server name in the small box, and i have to click OK just to enter >__>

EDIT 2: if you want the server list in the background while being in the server, open the server list, then enter a server from your local list

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
EDIT 2: if you want the server list in the background while being in the server, open the server list, then enter a server from your local list
Is that something you want?

Version 15b is being released now to fix a few blatant bugs. If you have version 15, please download version 15b ASAP.

- fixed bugs
- the "change mode" box has focus after most window transitions

Enjoy,
Owna

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Any UI (user interface) overhauls will probably come last cause they take the most work IMO.

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
Here are 2 wierd things that happened to me today and have happened before.

First one is just plain creepy O_O

And this one just don't make any sense.

Edit#1 Request: Could make the client tell you when someone closes a game or not and let you switch options like show join/leave msgs or not and stuff like that.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Streak told me that his bug has happened with every client, so I will assume it is a server problem or something.

DMoogle

A$
Edit#1 Request: Could make the client tell you when someone closes a game or not and let you switch options like show join/leave msgs or not and stuff like that.
+1, definitely would like to see this.

Can't wait to try out all the new stuff you've added when I get home.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
how about being able to ctrl+A highlight all in the chat boxes?
Ownasaurus said:
6. Hit end. Then hit Shift+Home. Q.E.D. (I probably won't code a ctrl+a keystroke trap, and it's not a built in message sent to that type of text box.)
If I ever do this, it will be much later on since end-->shift+home is one keytroke more and gets the job done. I'd rather not put time into it unless other crucial changes are done first.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
looks like blaze is going on my permanent block list along with sephrothken
Nar don't he is just messing around, he's alright :laugh:

Also thank you heaps Owna, if everyone hasn't done so already. Right click>ban is much more convenient =D

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 16 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- **Ping spoofing on kaillera servers is now possible!** HUGE thanks to Fireblaster for helping me realize why my original method wasn't working. [idea: smasher] (Apparently in the kaillera protocol you need to send 4 ping responses instead of just 1 :p)
--- You should see a box to enter an arbitrary ping at the server select window.
--- While ping spoofing, your name will be changed to indicate that your ping (and the cake) is a lie.
--- The ping spoofer will *attempt* to get you the suggested ping, but results will vary slightly. There is nothing I can do about inherrently unpredictable network traffic that might boost or lower your ping at that exact moment.
--- IMPORTANT: Just like with the p2p frame delay override, improper use of ping spoofing will negatively effect your framerate (and then nobody will play with you)! If you don't understand why this feature might be useful, or if you've tried reducing the number of frames you get but see a lower framerate, please for everyone's sake don't use this feature while gaming!!!!!
--- Spoofing your ping to be *higher* does not seem to affect your frames of delay, but spoofing your ping to be lower definitely has an effect.
- Did more work on the waiting games list:
--- Made the "Stop" button in the waiting games list actually do something
--- The Waiting games list finally pings the servers! (though perhaps a bit slowly)
--- The games will be automatically sorted by ping but not until the list is done refreshing. For now, only after the list is done refreshing can you re-sort the waiting games list.
--- Warning: as with the last release, the waiting games list is unfortunately still unstable :(
- All kaillera chat messages now have timestamps! [idea: firo]
- "word" IPs should work now! (original coders had the right idea but a silly one-line mistake inhibited this from working correctly) [idea: malva]

Enjoy,
Owna

ASYLUM

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
So i get NO credit for telling you to spoof ping and telling you fireblaster would be able to help you out with actually programming it?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
So i get NO credit for telling you to spoof ping and telling you fireblaster would be able to help you out with actually programming it?
This is why I was gonna stop giving credits in my changelogs cause I inevitably forget people and they get upset -_-.

But yes - looking back you were indeed the first one to suggest it!

Fixed.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
This is why I was gonna stop giving credits in my changelogs cause I inevitably forget people and they get upset -_-.

But yes - looking back you were indeed the first one to suggest it!

Fixed.
I'm not upset, just very immature.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I'm not upset, just very immature.
XD lol! Well, I'd want proper credit too if I were you too. Just try and understand that when I get 9001 suggestions I sometimes forget who suggested what, and parsing through over 100 posts can be time-consuming.

dandan

Smash Lord
just want to say thanks for the ping spoof man, i had a server where i got 5 frames, and it upped to 6 recently, i tested it with 5 and works wonderful.
still 5 frames though, israel is so far away from central europe.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
I did a hex editor edit to it to delete the "Fake Ping" thing for lulz. Just letting you know.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I did a hex editor edit to it to delete the "Fake Ping" thing for lulz. Just letting you know.
Just don't release it please.

My theory is that anyone who would know how to hex it would know how to ping spoof anyhow... but maybe not? IDK.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
--- The ping spoofer will *attempt* to get you the suggested ping, but results will vary slightly. There is nothing I can do about inherrently unpredictable network traffic that might boost or lower your ping at that exact moment.
It doesn't affect its intended functionality anyhow. I'd recommend ping spoofing in the middle of the desired frame delay ping range.

DMoogle

A$
whenever i put my spoof ping as 99 i get 97 or 101.
I think this has to do with the way the server deals with ping. For some reason, it only displays the time in intervals. Like I'll always get 11, 15, or 19, but never 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, or 18.

Just set it lower. To minimize lag, it only matters what the frame delay is set as, not what your ping is set as.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Still don't like the -Fake Ping thing attached to your nickname, it should just automatically type a message like ''I'm under a fake ping'' on the main chat as soon as you join the server.
I went back and forth between the two ideas. If enough people want it changed, I will change it.

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
Every time I use the ping spoofer It won't let me be able to talk, host games, join games or anything and I am only dropping my ping 4 digits or sometimes raising 4 to get 31 but anyways It doesn't work for me. I guess it's a glitch or something?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Every time I use the ping spoofer It won't let me be able to talk, host games, join games or anything and I am only dropping my ping 4 digits or sometimes raising 4 to get 31 but anyways It doesn't work for me. I guess it's a glitch or something?
Uhhh I don't think that's happened to anyone else who has used this client, as far as I know. Are you on some weird kind of network? I couldn't even begin to explain why that would happen unless you were silenced / banned or something.

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
Uhhh I don't think that's happened to anyone else who has used this client, as far as I know. Are you on some weird kind of network? I couldn't even begin to explain why that would happen unless you were silenced / banned or something.
No I'm not banned/silenced and I'm on a wireless network. I can't tell you much about it because to be honest I don't know much about it lol.

I mean it shows the game I just created it just doesn't let me be in it.

I sit there and stare at a game that I've hosted but I'm in the main page/chat/window/w/e.

Also I tried a couple other clients and they do the same thing. Hang on I'll get a picture.

Edit: Added pictures

This is what I set it to.

And this is what happened.

Tried on 4 different servers and got the same result.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Found the problem. Use a shorter name for now if you're ping spoofing.

For all you good hackers out there you should know what that means....

Skrlx

Smash Champion
don't do neither of those

just have a special symbol in front of their names and change their exit message to something like "brought to you by: spoof ping"

malva00

Smash Master
74.208.145.9:27888

best server if an east coast player wants to play a west coast player (ping spoofing required). no need for p2p 4 frames anymore between west coast and east coast while this server is up

people who have spoofed from 5 to 3 there so far with 60 fps: owna, silentslayers, malva

Top Bottom