• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyberden - Columbia, Md - Sept 27, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
SMASH BROS 1v1/2v2 TOURNAMENT @ CYBERDEN in COLUMBIA, MD!
-Date: September 27, 2008. *Saturday* @ 12PM, sign ups by 11:00. We will be opening our doors at 10am.

-If you are going to be later then 12pm please call ahead, if you are later then 12pm and entering doubles unless I have heard from you registration will be closed by 12:10 at the latest.(This will be enforced heavily and I do not run late, if you are not here, you are not in.)

-We will be running doubles first.

-Starting at 10am as long as your signed up for the Tournament the 4 wii's we have will be set to free play for practice rounds.

-Location: Cyberden, 6410 Dobbin Road in Columbia, MD. 21045. Easiest way to find it is to follow the signs to the MVA Express! Or, just Mapquest it.

-Price: Pre-reg-$15per-person, $10 to pot, an aditional $10 to the pot if entering both singles and doubles. Day of $20 per-person, $10 to pot, an aditional $10 to the pot if entering both singles and doubles.

- Prize is a 60, 30, 10 split.

If you bring your own system and game the price will be reduced by $5. Component cables Recommended as it is our set up. This is only good for the first 8 people.

RULES:
- 3 Stock
- 8 Minute time limit
- Team Attack on(doubles)
- Life Stealing allowed(doubles)
- Items off
- Double Elimination
- Best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

-In the event of time running out, the player with the most stock wins. If both players have the same stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both players have the same percentage, the match will restart with 1 stock each.

-Character selection will be a double blind pick first match, second and third match winner chooses character first then loser chooses who they would like to counter with.

-Stage selection shall be random on one of the neutral stages for 1st match, and following matches will be chosen by the loser of the previous round between the neutral stages or one of the counterpick stages.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.

Stages:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]

Counterpick Stages:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

-You do not have to, but it is recommended to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER and extenders if it is a wired controller. If you are planing on using one of our controllers you must have a valid photo ID. We have 4 Wii's with 4 copies of SSBB all fully unlocked.

-You may bring in your own tv if you would like, we will clear out our cafe section to
accommodate, but you must also bring in a Wii to connect to said tv as ours will be kept on our tv's.

-(Any questions or suggestions please send an email to spitfire668@gmail.com or visit the Cyberden forums)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Oh hell yeah I'll be here, and bring some TVs ... but I'm a little confused by your counterpick stages. It seems you included some bad ones and left out some good ones (like Delfino, Pokemon Stadium 1, Halberd, etc). I think you're reading the SBR's stage list wrong.

Edit: I see what it is, you missed this section:
Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Just for your reference, typically in MD/VA, these stages are banned: Corneria, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), and to a lesser extent, Luigi's Mansion, Pictochat, and Pirate Ship. It's your tournament though so it's your choice, I'm just letting you know.

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Oh hell yeah I'll be here, and bring some TVs ... but I'm a little confused by your counterpick stages. It seems you included some bad ones and left out some good ones (like Delfino, Pokemon Stadium 1, Halberd, etc). I think you're reading the SBR's stage list wrong.

Edit: I see what it is, you missed this section:
Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Just for your reference, typically in MD/VA, these stages are banned: Corneria, Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), and to a lesser extent, Luigi's Mansion, Pictochat, and Pirate Ship. It's your tournament though so it's your choice, I'm just letting you know.
I changed the stages slightly, Got rid of jungle japes for the simple reason... I cant stand that ******** stage and why it isnt banned is far beyond me.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lylat Cruise is a Neutral AND Counterpick? typo I guess...

I'll be there. How do I pre-reg? I would love the discount. Also, I might bring a Wii.

Edit: I need to practice real good before this- I'll do some small $MMs, so P~S i probably will not do MM due to $5 minimum. I'll start small, work my way up. Travis maybe it's crazy, but I would do like $3 MM on your DK, I know he's your main but I gotta start somewhere. As long as we get a good series of friendlies in.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Travis $3 MM vs my ROB?

Tant $1 MM vs my Pokemon Trainer?

But yeah we need to practice, since you live right here.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
lol mk we should do mk ditto mm yeah well that sounds like a plan mm your poke trainer aka ivysaur ill prob use rob or lucario or g&w or lol dk

maybe not dk

so spitfire how do i pre reg or anyone else can answer

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
lol mk we should do mk ditto mm yeah well that sounds like a plan mm your poke trainer aka ivysaur ill prob use rob or lucario or g&w or lol dk

maybe not dk

so spitfire how do i pre reg or anyone else can answer
You have to come in store to pre-reg. Anytime before the day of is fine. But in store is the only way we have it set up right now.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
hova - $5
ps - $5
tantalus - $3
jceasar - $3 vs rob
nacker - $5
greg- $5
thumbswayup - $5 vs diddy

anyone else? no mk or ddd

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I'll be there peeps. Repping Sonic for all the East Coasters/ Sonic Mainers babeh ;) I'm known on Aib but I never post here. Maybe I should start since tihs seems like the place where tournies are posted first.

So yes. mm my Sonic there anyone?

I'll money match your DK while I'm there too.

2-5 bucks

Top Bottom