• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cynthia's Team: Revised for OU

Cia

das kwl
I figured this would be a fun team to make. it has decent type coverage which makes it not 'completely' useless and it gets a surprising amount of wins. Help me to improve it :D

#442 Spiritomb @ Choice Scarf
Presure, Brave
HP 252 / Def 128 / Sp.Def 128

Trick
Sucker Punch
Pain Split
Will o Wisp

Spiritomb is a classic phazer and is the trick user of the team. Choice Scarf doesn't help him much (spd is 100 when equipped) but it's better than pontentially passing off tons of power with the other choice items. This is defensive build and will usually eat a hit. Pain Split makes him incredibly annoying and can fully heal himself against Blissey. Will-o-Wisp is good for salamence, metagross, pretty much any bulky physical sweeper. Sucker Punch = OHKO for the standard gengar build. Spiritomb also does well against Trick Room. This builds main weaknesses are Substitute, Heatran, and stat builders.

#407 Roserade @ Black Sludge
Natural Cure, Timid
HP 4 / Sp.Atk 252 / Spd 252

Leaf Storm
Aromatherapy
Sleep Powder
Toxic Spikes

Sleep Powder helps to set up Toxic Spikes. Aromatherapy is great to have. Leaf Storm sweeps things.. lol. Roserade BLOWS against Scizor, so try to save her for when he's gone.

#423 Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Sticky Hold, Quiet
HP 252 / Def 4 / Sp.Atk 252

Earth Power
Mirror Coat
Ice Beam
Surf

Gastrodon is pretty surprising. It does decent damage and takes hits nicely as well. I gave it Quiet nature because with 39 base speed, it's already not winning any speed constests. but it will do well in trick room.. Type coverage is nice. Mirror Coat ***** if you know how to read people.

#350 Milotic @ Salac Berry
Marvel Scale, Modest

Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Hypnosis

This is my Favorite Milotic build. Milotic takes hits pretty well naturally. So this Speed build allows her to outspeed potential threats. And and Extra STAB Surf hurts. Recover lets her heal up after using the berry. Milotic serves as the bulky-sweeper.

#448 Lucario @ Life Orb
Steadfast, Jolly
HP 4 / Atk 252 / Spd 252

Extreme Speed
Crunch
Close Combat
Swords Dance

This Lucario build is about as standard as they come. My favorite time to bring him out is against an ineffective scarfer. they'll usually switch right away giving you a free swords dance. Salamence is a pain depending on the build.

#373 Salamence @ Focus Sash
Intimidate, Hasty
HP 4 / Atk 252 / Spd 252

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Outrage

Salamence is the Interim of Garchomp. This build is made for getting instant kills. and because it's a mixed attacked, i didn't want it to have a nature that hinders it's power. so i gave it Hasty. Focus Sash Keeps it alive for at least one turn to get a Dragon Dance in. Flamethrower handles steel types (namely Scizor) earthquake ***** Ttar and Jirachi. He's the Best Sweeper in the team next to Lucario.

-----

Because this is a theme team, the idea is to not change any of the pokemon. (Unless you wanted to make it a UU, then replace Salamence with Flygon). but i'm looking for suggestions to improve stat allocation or ways to improve a pokemon's move set.

Notable Flaws

- No one learns stealth rock or Rapid Spin. So this team often has a problem with field set up.

- No Taunt user. This was never really an issue since the strategy is to simply kill as quickly as possible.

- Hail. No one is immune. and the team is generally good against salamence.

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
The only glaring problem i see is focus sash on sala. You have no spinner or taunter so the odds of stealth rock being out is pretty high, and that kills the sash. Really I only find sash useful on leads. Give it orb

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I love Milotic, she is currently my favorite bulky water, hell top 5 pokemon for that matter. I like the team.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Seeing how my avatar = Cynthia, I guess I have to post here.

As we all know, Roserade is super frail, which is why it's very popular to be a Focus Sash lead. The thing about yours, sure, it has Sleep Powder, but it's going to die after a single Aromatherapy or Toxic Spikes. It's also not even that fast to start with. I think a Choice Scarf set would be a better choice. Keep Sleep Powder and Leaf Storm, add HP Ice and SludgeBomb/ShadowBall. This turns it into a decent revenge killer and a good way to stop sweep setups. It can quickly lay massive damage or induce sleep with it's added speed and naturally good SpAtk.

I guess Gastodron is fine enough (for a Gastodron), I personally like the Stockpile/Toxic/Recover set better :p especially for OU.

Milotic needs to get rid of Hypnosis since 60% is pretty horrible. I've missed 6 times straight with that move :( Although the set data for this pokemon hasn't been updated/still suggest Surf, I think HP electric or Toxic is a better choice. If you leave Gastodron to that more offensive set, it won't live too long and having bulker Milotic can help a bunch. I'd change to spread to max Def and more HP EVs @ Leftovers + Bold. No one would really care about a speedy Milotic, it's actually much easier to kill without it's defensive EV investment.

Nothing should have Focus sash unless it's a starter or a Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable. Put that 4 HP EVs into SpAtk and give it Fire Blast. Replace Sash with LO. There, now some 2OHKOs will be turn into OHKOs. Naive/Naughty>Hasty.

Taunt and Hail shouldn't be anything to worry about. Only a few pokemon actually work well with / actually have Taunt and the purpose of having Hail, in general, is for the fact anything that isn't a Ice type gets hit by hit. That's why Hailstall exists and why Hail is usually better for Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable endeavor teams.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
I figured this would be a fun team to make. it has decent type coverage which makes it not 'completely' useless and it gets a surprising amount of wins. Help me to improve it :D

#442 Spiritomb @ Choice Scarf
Presure, Brave
HP 252 / Def 128 / Sp.Def 128

Trick
Sucker Punch
Pain Split
Will o Wisp

Spiritomb is a classic phazer and is the trick user of the team. Choice Scarf doesn't help him much (spd is 100 when equipped) but it's better than pontentially passing off tons of power with the other choice items. This is defensive build and will usually eat a hit. Pain Split makes him incredibly annoying and can fully heal himself against Blissey. Will-o-Wisp is good for salamence, metagross, pretty much any bulky physical sweeper. Sucker Punch = OHKO for the standard gengar build. Spiritomb also does well against Trick Room. This builds main weaknesses are Substitute, Heatran, and stat builders.

Drop Scarf for band and trick it onto a wall like blissey or any other special attacking wall or tank. How is this a phazer?

#407 Roserade @ Black Sludge
Natural Cure, Timid

Leaf Storm
Aromatherapy
Sleep Powder
Toxic Spikes

Sleep Powder helps to set up Toxic Spikes. Aromatherapy is great to have. Leaf Storm sweeps things.. lol. Roserade BLOWS against Scizor, so try to save her for when he's gone.

Make this your lead and give it sash, and drop aromatherapy for HP fire. It can **** steel types that don't expect it.

#423 Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Sticky Hold, Quiet
HP 252 / Def 4 / Sp.Atk 252

Earth Power
Mirror Coat
Ice Beam
Surf

Gastrodon is pretty surprising. It does decent damage and takes hits nicely as well. I gave it Quiet nature because with 39 base speed, it's already not winning any speed contests. but it will do well in trick room.. Type coverage is nice. Mirror Coat ***** if you know how to read people.

Fine.

#350 Milotic @ Salac Berry
Marvel Scale, Modest

Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Hypnosis

This is my Favorite Milotic build. Milotic takes hits pretty well naturally. So this Speed build allows her to outspeed potential threats. And and Extra STAB Surf hurts. Recover lets her heal up after using the berry. Milotic serves as the bulky-sweeper.

Drop salac for leftovers. This thing really shouldn't be sweeping, so give it toxic or HP electric over Hypnosis. And change the nature so it boosts defense.

#448 Lucario @ Life Orb
Steadfast, Jolly
HP 4 / Atk 252 / Spd 252

Extreme Speed
Crunch
Close Combat
Swords Dance

This Lucario build is about as standard as they come. My favorite time to bring him out is against an ineffective scarfer. they'll usually switch right away giving you a free swords dance. Salamence is a pain depending on the build.

This is fine. SD Luke is a beast.

#373 Salamence @ Focus Sash
Intimidate, Hasty
HP 4 / Atk 252 / Spd 252

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Outrage

Salamence is the Interim of Garchomp. This build is made for getting instant kills. and because it's a mixed attacked, i didn't want it to have a nature that hinders it's power. so i gave it Hasty. Focus Sash Keeps it alive for at least one turn to get a Dragon Dance in. Flamethrower handles steel types (namely Scizor) earthquake ***** Ttar and Jirachi. He's the Best Sweeper in the team next to Lucario.

Give Mence life orb. Sash is only useful for suicide leads and endeavour users. Also, replace flamethrower with fire blast.
-----

Because this is a theme team, the idea is to not change any of the pokemon. (Unless you wanted to make it a UU, then replace Salamence with Flygon). but i'm looking for suggestions to improve stat allocation or ways to improve a pokemon's move set.

Notable Flaws

- No one learns stealth rock or Rapid Spin. So this team often has a problem with field set up.

- No Taunt user. This was never really an issue since the strategy is to simply kill as quickly as possible.

- Hail. No one is immune. and the team is generally good against salamence.
Comments in orange

Top Bottom