• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cypher Jumping (Snake's 3rd Jump)

∫unk

Smash Master
I meant to fight MK :(

Okay how about this:

FD only, 10 minute timer, Ground Time Rule, LGL of 5 (75 for other characters), IDC Banned, MK clause*

*If your character is "Metaknight", you must approach stupidly on every single Tornado in a grounded state only.

I meant to fight MK :(

Okay how about this:

FD only, 10 minute timer, Ground Time Rule, LGL of 5 (75 for other characters), IDC Banned, MK clause*

*If your character is "Metaknight", you must approach stupidly on every single Tornado in a grounded state only.
i like this rule i made a while back better

Mk automatically loses the match if he spends 75% of the match in the air or if 85% of their attacks miss.

This covers air camping, sharking, scrooging and spamming hitting the c-stick to dsmash and fast as humanly(meta knightly) possible.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
ok, i was doing some tests, and you can do it off stage. Obviously, it has to be the simple one(1 jump) because you need to save your second jump to actually jump off stage.
also the c4 still needs to be on the stage.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Does it work "offstage" if you plant it on the side of the stage? Just thinking that if it does work, you might be able to go off stage a bit and use Bair for a bit of edgeguarding without as much C4 needed to blow yourself up back onto the stage.

Also: does it work if you plant the C4 on somebody else?

napZzz

Smash Hero
so wait, doing a full hop-c4 explosion basically gives us a 3rd jump after cypher? excuse me if I'm wrong, but thats what I'm getting after seeing that you can do it offstage

someone correct me because i'm pretty sure i'm wrong

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
What the **** someone do something that isn't random and suicidal with this tech and show us how this may help any snakes that aren't trolling friendlies!!!!!!

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
What the **** someone do something that isn't random and suicidal with this tech and show us how this may help any snakes that aren't trolling friendlies!!!!!!
It isn't suicidal at all, if you use it the correct way =p.

Tithenion

Smash Rookie
Has anybody put any more effort into applying this usefully into tactics? I've tried messing around with it but can't seem to find a really good use for it.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
Has anybody put any more effort into applying this usefully into tactics? I've tried messing around with it but can't seem to find a really good use for it.
its more for mindgames. eg, say you have an opponent that goes for the grab when you land from a jump a lot. Using this will avoid that, and punish him since he won't expect you to do a third jump out of no where.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
It's just fun mix up simply. Any smart player can condition the opponent to try to punish you after the Cypher and with this you can just react and punish their bad read. I know people are aware of this tech but its still effective. It's just not something to get reliant on...like most ATs.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I would love to see more Snakes finding creative uses for this AT to be honest. It's not the most practical thing in the world but being impractical and being effective with it in this game is actually good.

Top Bottom