• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cypress Sm4sh Tournament 1! 27 Singles, 9 teams. New faces and MEWTWO!

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to thank everyone for coming out in full force with setups (we had about 10 going) and everything as OrcaStraw and I worked together to host this tournament for you all! It was a great night, full of new faces, promising talent, and :4mewtwo:

Also shoutouts to the players Funny:4fox: and Weegee:4mario: for HUGE loser's bracket runs! Also a shoutout to zToast:4yoshi: for getting MUCH better in such a short time! (Do I spy a new Karna:4sheik:?)

Without further adieu, the singles and doubles results!

Singles (27 entrants)

1st: Karna:4sheik:
2nd: AvoiD:4falcon:
3rd: Trela:4mewtwo:
4th: Cyanide:4tlink:

5th: Whispy:4diddy::4falcon:
5th: zToast:4yoshi:

7th: Weegee:4mario:
7th: Funny :4fox:

9th: NK:4ness:
9th: Big Boss :4peach::4ganondorf:
9th: Krebs:4shulk:
9th: Zult:4pit:

13th: OrcaStraw:4ness:
13th: C9 | LoF | NAHDOG | SU | Remo:4ness:
13th: ZultSucks:4bowser:
13th: Tv4:4falcon:

17th: Dan:4sheik:
17th: DSkro:4zss:
17th: HALP:4pit:
17th: Master:4mario:
17th: Dingus:4sonic:
17th: Nemesis:4samus:
17th: Oscar:4shulk:
17th: Jebus:substitute:

25th: Mr Fox:4fox:
25th: Muffin_Man:4peach:
25th: Tochtli:4kirby:

Doubles (9 teams)

1st: AvoiD+Karna
:4falcon:+:4sheik::4fox:
2nd: Krebs+Trela
:4villager:+:4mewtwo:
3rd: Cyanide+BigBoss
:4tlink:+:4ganondorf::4peach:
4th: DSkro+zToast
:4zss:+:4yoshi:

5th: Otome+Dan
:rosalina:+:4sheik:
5th: HALP+Master
:4pit:+:4mario:

7th: Pinoy+Joe
:4villager:+:substitute:
7th: Dingus+Nemesis
:4sonic:+:4samus:

9th: Mawlerz+Weegee (911! We need Hoes)
:4pikachu:+:4mario:

Here are the challonge brackets!

Singles Challonge

Doubles Challonge

For more info on the Houston Smash 4 community, refer to either the

Facebook Group (668 members strong as of 4/22/2015)

or the Houston SWF thread

ALSO ALL TOURNEY VIDEOS SAVED ARE UP

The DOUBLES playlist can be found on the GS Krebs youtube channel HERE

SINGLES PLAYLIST HERE

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Good job everybody! Avoid and Karna putting work.

Trela with that solid placement with a 6 day old Mewtwo tho!

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Shoutouts.

@Kihrah - Good **** brotha. B R O W N B O Y S taking over. First time doing dubz together and we synced right off the bat. Definitely need to team at future tournaments. Your Sheik is a monster. I got you next time though once I'm familiar with the matchup. Gotta play some more soon. Congrats on taking 1st though.

@Trela - Don't let the losses get you down man. You always seem disappointed and you shouldn't. You're hands down one of the smartest players I've seen. You had a 6 day old Mewtwo and proceeded to do work against a main I've been having since Wii U. I won't even john about lack of matchup experience, even if I HAD you'd still put me on a highlight reel. You'll do great at TGC. Have some more faith in yourself. Some of the most fun sets I've had in awhile. Singles and dubz.

@ Whispy Whispy - Plz go home and don't come back. I'm in front of Karna and you notice him instead of me. F U.

@ Nkguy01 Nkguy01 - Your Ness coming in nicely. Our matches were janky af. Sorry for the unlucky sd's man. Keep working though, we'll be seeing you in top 10 occasionally once you figure out the in's and out's of Ness. Waiting on the come up man.

Krebs and Orca, appreciate you hosting it. The drive is too far lol. If I'm ever on that side during it again I'll be sure to come out, otherwise I'll settle for monthlies. Twas fun though. GG's to all who I played.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, Avoid. Your set with Trela was really fun to watch. Your falcon is scary too. Ur gonna get whooped next time we meet ;o

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Shoutouts.

@Kihrah - Good **** brotha. B R O W N B O Y S taking over. First time doing dubz together and we synced right off the bat. Definitely need to team at future tournaments. Your Sheik is a monster. I got you next time though once I'm familiar with the matchup. Gotta play some more soon. Congrats on taking 1st though.

@Trela - Don't let the losses get you down man. You always seem disappointed and you shouldn't. You're hands down one of the smartest players I've seen. You had a 6 day old Mewtwo and proceeded to do work against a main I've been having since Wii U. I won't even john about lack of matchup experience, even if I HAD you'd still put me on a highlight reel. You'll do great at TGC. Have some more faith in yourself. Some of the most fun sets I've had in awhile. Singles and dubz.

@ Whispy Whispy - Plz go home and don't come back. I'm in front of Karna and you notice him instead of me. F U.

@ Nkguy01 Nkguy01 - Your Ness coming in nicely. Our matches were janky af. Sorry for the unlucky sd's man. Keep working though, we'll be seeing you in top 10 occasionally once you figure out the in's and out's of Ness. Waiting on the come up man.

Krebs and Orca, appreciate you hosting it. The drive is too far lol. If I'm ever on that side during it again I'll be sure to come out, otherwise I'll settle for monthlies. Twas fun though. GG's to all who I played.
bro i swear to god you were the last person id expect to see at that weekly lmfao. i went in all last minute, i was still debating on going that day but meh. KARNA, FOX DITTO MM AT THE NEXT TOURNEY WE SEE EACH OTHER.

Top Bottom