• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Air property change, very speedy downkick

S2

Smash Lord
If anyone hasn't noticed yet, Sheiks D-air has the same animation, but has undegone a massive change.

She now goes flying straight down very quickly until she hits the ground. Not fully surprising, as a number of characters seem to have these types of moves now as well (Toon Link's d-air does this, ZSS uses it, and supposedly G&W's key also)

Which opens up the debate for new tactics with Sheik. Obviously, the potential for spamming air attacks and then getting sent to the ground quickly comes to mind.

Also, the d-air can probably be used like Bowser Bomb or Yoshi's Buttstomp to quickly drop and grab the edge when recovering.

If that works, it might actually make a good edge guarding tactic. Hitting the opponent with an air attack while by the edge, then following up with a down-air to grab the ledge quickly (since characters now seem to grab ledges regardless of which way they are facing).

Anyway, thoughts? Ideas on uses for this?

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
That property will make it easier to use the d-air more often since you don't need press down afterwards to fall fast and hit the opponent.

S2

Smash Lord
i bet your A-aerials dont cancel to ledge grabs
yeah I agree with this, most likely it won't cancel if you sweetspot a ledge. In Melee it certainly would not work. But I want confirmation as to whether the quick down strike goes until you hit the ground or whether it cancels after a set amount of time.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
First of all, d-air sends you down at an angle. I SD'd many times because of this. Secondly, the landing lag is horrid. Don't use this attack ever.

EDIT: Yes it cancels after a set amount time. It's a long time but it cancels after a set amount of time. Has anyone noticed that a lot d-airs (save for a few) either slow your fall or speed it up?

Top Bottom