• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

d-air spike....

sonicPearltsl25

Smash Journeyman
i know its been said before.....but i need some tips on how its done

i dont even know where to hit it to spike

if you know another thread and dont feel like typing just send me the thread....i looked through here but i diddnt see anything

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
I could be wrong, (I don't play Luigi), but I think you have to hit with the top of the hitbox, up near Luigi's hips.

sonicPearltsl25

Smash Journeyman
well since this is still open.....does anyone know were i could get a picture/video/drawing type thing of the d-air hit box......kinda like the little loop things in Tipman's ganondorf guide

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
Well. The hitbox for Luigi is from the hips/top of butt down to his ankle/back of foot area. It is usually easier to do the Dair spike when jumping backwards because it puts you at a slanted angle...

C 3

Smash Ace
It's best to practice it on peach, samus, ganon, tall characters in general. I was going over it today and it works best when u hit your opponent in the face with luigi's butt, it seems to b most consistent that way.

mastergamerbrett

Smash Rookie
Yeah, when I actually do dair spike with Luigi (which is pretty rare), it's usually either his butt hitting the opponent. I haven't done it consistently enough to know for sure, but it seems to be the case.

nublet06

Smash Lord
im about 88% positive that is luigi's arm that does the spike, or more specifically the yellow stuff seen in frame 13.

just try to hit with his arm and ONLY his arm. it works with me most of the time i try it. like posted above its easier on the tall characters.

LOLz nevermind the yellow part isnt even a hitbox. its just to show his body. well....aim for that at least XD

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
idk but i usually get it when i come from under them after an up-throw
so it's probably somewhere around the arms
i think...
i get it almost every time I up throw
thats my Morb combo
a couple of neutrals and up tilts then up throw then jump up down air and tornado when they're getting back up... works most of the time... i think every time i spike them down into the ground they fall for that tornado hahaha
try it if u want to see what happens.

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
The d air spike works well around the arms as I have done it repeatedly, on airborne opponents especially. But aren't there threads about this already...:laugh:

Top Bottom