• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Air Wind Particles Spike.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
For some reason I read this as Up-B rather than Down-air first time through...
But I think this might be what you're explaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiZqS0ByiPI

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's the wind particles, or just the back part of Down-air's hitbox. Obviously since you just posted this more testing needs to be done.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I agree. It took a quite a few tries to get that footage of the spike. It requires a lot of precision, and it doesn't feel like I'll be able to tap into that in the middle of a match...

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
The hitbox is just at the beginning of the dair. I think this has some good application. Because dashes do not allow you to fall off of the stage, dash to the edge, turn and short-hop dair. You will NEVER fall off the edge, and it can kill THE OPPONENTS around 50%. If they air dodge, because you hit the ground so quickly, you recover before them and can punish. Good find DAZ.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
Ive been able to do this on recovering little mac a lot in training. Not the best option but every once in a while it can catch someone completely off guard.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
Here,made this for you guys. situational but not useless. [video]

Edit: I just managed to spike getting back on stage from the ledge. Im starting to think there might be a lot more to this one.

Last edited:

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
Ok Im gonna admit Im having a bit too much fun with this meteor. Not as impractical as I first thougt it out to be. Already got my first kill on for glory, and im working on a dthrow to dair spike video right now. Its not a true combo, its way situational, theres far better options, but damn if it aint fun. Heres a short clip.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Please don't spam (aka multi post).

I have been thinking about this and I tested some. Here are my conclusions.

The start up time and spacing required keeps this from finishing a combo like a Ken combo. Which made me sad.
If it were to be a true combo it would be something like this. Fair/weak Nair> dash> RAR> Dair
However, this can be used against opponents that have a habit of jumping onto the stage whilst air dodging or possibly even jumping whilst grabbing the ledge. I couldn't get the latter to work, but it was an idea. Which made me happy.

Last edited:

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
woops soory about the spamming :/
Recovering little macs are my main plate with this one. I got one on a Peach on for Glory while she was floating back to the stage.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
woops soory about the spamming :/
Recovering little macs are my main plate with this one. I got one on a Peach on for Glory while she was floating back to the stage.
You shouldn't have to use this on a Little Mac. Just jump off and BF, Fair, Nair, Bair stage spike, SH needle, grenade.... ect

Top Bottom