• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Going to take a shower

My page count estimate for when i get back : 515

mark my words.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
i think Fow's gonna wreck ****.
All these nooby brawl players dont know how to fight a character if its not snake or mk or d3
Agreed, under-rated characters who know ones knows the match-up against are going to be some serious competition. A lot of characters have potential to be top tier, and some have good match-ups versus high tier characters, characters who don't know anything about the under-rated one.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Agreed, under-rated characters who know ones knows the match-up against are going to be some serious competition. A lot of characters have potential to be top tier, and some have good match-ups versus high tier characters, characters who don't know anything about the under-rated one.
In fow's case, only thing is he will probably get grab released. :o

Anth0ny

Smash Master
HOLY CRAP

I FACED FOW TWO DAYS AGO ON AIB LADDERS AND HE WRECKED ME. I FELT LIKE **** BECAUSE I LOST TO SOME RANDOM NESS.

At least I thought he was a random Ness. Obviously this dude is a beast!!! Good **** FOW!

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any idea how the pool results were sorted? This is the only explanation that is able to explain all pools that I've checked so far (Melee teams):
Number of points, 1's don't count. Ties are random.

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
lol FOW beat Tyrant and took a set from M2K iirc.

That's not a random ness to me XD

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
hehe yea. Ness and Peach are verrrrrrry under rated imo. Ness's backthrow and fair are broken xD
Backthrow kills at like 110% and ness' grab range isn't too shabby. Peach is getting more and more hype as time goes by, not as under-rated as say, 8 months ago, but there are some serious peach mains.

I'm still waiting for a decent wolf to show along, wolf is super under-rated.

Fow is not random, far from it. Fow means business and could be considered a top player at this point.
Well the only reason people know about his is because he beat tyrant. He's good if he did that, but I still think people are over hyping him. It was one tournament, an impressive feat, but still I need to see more of him to see if he can make it big.

swordgard

Smash Hero
HOLY CRAP

I FACED FOW TWO DAYS AGO ON AIB LADDERS AND HE WRECKED ME. I FELT LIKE **** BECAUSE I LOST TO SOME RANDOM NESS.

At least I thought he was a random Ness. Obviously this dude is a beast!!! Good **** FOW!
LOl, and this is why wifi is good, ally has exp vs every single char, vicegrip is quite the ness too.

Online players got this.

As for lain, get ***** lol, even i can 2-0 him with ics XD. Thats what you get for not going ics D:, stop teh fat penguin, start using the ice grabbers.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
One thing is for sure, no one knows whos gonna get first place, thats the cool thing about brawl there are alot of great players and they don't all follow the same playstyle. Each great player plays differently which is why the metagame keeps evolving.

darkatma

Smash Hero
One thing is for sure, no one knows whos gonna get first place, thats the cool thing about brawl there are alot of great players and they don't all follow the same playstyle. Each great player plays differently which is why the metagame keeps evolving.
more like, a lot of brawl is luck based, so every good player has reached that measly skill ceiling and has to now hope that they don't trip and lose

Pi

Smash Hero
I think you're all forgetting that good players have the ability to adapt, quickly
They learn it at like level 34, no big deal, infinite PP

(playing pokemon blue)

swordgard

Smash Hero
more like, a lot of brawl is luck based, so every good player has reached that measly skill ceiling and has to now hope that they don't trip and lose
Such an ignorant post, which i can now deduce has been done by an ignorant person.

Smash Ace
relevant twitter accounts: genesisdbr, nealdt, Valdens, ChiboSempai, gai_thanatos

None have gotten updated much today.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Such an ignorant post, which i can now deduce has been done by an ignorant person.
not trying to be ignorant. just bitter

look at the upsets. there are so many of them. random people you havent heard of winning, 14y.o.'s beating m2k, etc etc.
too much of the game is luck based.

also, saying you can find a pattern in a single post is laughably fallacious.

swordgard

Smash Hero
not trying to be ignorant. just bitter

look at the upsets. there are so many of them. random people you havent heard of winning, 14y.o.'s beating m2k, etc etc.
too much of the game is luck based.

also, saying you can find a pattern in a single post is laughably fallacious.

What you believe to be random players are in fact usually either well known local players OR seemingly unknown players who are known online players (fow used to be a very very known member of aib, and he placed very well in ladder, used to be one of the pros of clan NSU and was very known). Tell me what is luck based then, appart from tripping and a few attacks, i dont see much random based, its more about whos the most consistent.

darkatma

Smash Hero
What you believe to be random players are in fact usually either well known local players OR seemingly unknown players who are known online players (fow used to be a very very known member of aib, and he placed very well in ladder, used to be one of the pros of clan NSU and was very known). Tell me what is luck based then, appart from tripping and a few attacks, i dont see much random based, its more about whos the most consistent.
that's pretty random. i dont hate brawl and i'm not saying it doesn't require skill lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom