• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
i see niccas is ghetto out here xD

hundreds of smashers going to a hotel to finish the biggest tourny in brawl history

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Easier said than done.
I know but that's the challenge. If it was easy, brawl tournament top 8 or so would be random characters, metaknight being so good makes people try harder to get better and to beat him. Metaknight is the driving point of this game right now, forcing people to get better.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ha I predicted they wouldnt finish the tourney at the venue xP. Im too good.
Half of Smashboards probably knew something that huge wasn't going to finish on time.

The incidents with Dojo and M2K for Melee and Brawl didn't really help either.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
i see niccas is ghetto out here xD

hundreds of smashers going to a hotel to finish the biggest tourny in brawl history
lol.
u must not know of CoT4, and how it finished in an apartment building.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Would a stream work even if we all watched it at the same time? Like would there be too many viewers and cause it to lag or not work?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
First is Mk, then people say Snake is broken, the Wario, then Falco, until finally brawl will be nothing more than Falcon and Ganon.
This is arguably the worst defense against the MK banning.

Wario-DK, Marth, and a few other characters have a grab release on him. Saying Wario is the third best in the game is stupid. A great character, but not third best. "A good Wario won't get grabbed though!" True, but a majority of people aren't amazing Warios. If I can grab Omegablackmages Wario...I can grab a Wario.

King Dedede-Ummmm Tornado anyone? What can he do against it? Nothing. Toon Link, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Falco, and about 3 other characters do just fine against him. Dedede is FAR from broken.

Falco-Pikachu, Marth, Kirby, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Snake, GAW.

Anyway though,

Lets go MK's in the top 8!

TEECO

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot TEECO. WOW I feel so proud of them. this made my whole week.
congratz.
No problem man. Yeah, they did naaaaassssty, I got mad respect for them.
And LOLOL at the kill on atomsk? with the beam sword from ling ling.

Supersun

Smash Apprentice
Just got back from work. I see who got 1st in melee, but what are the other ranking so far like 2nd and 3rd?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
mango is so good
he DOESN'T CRACK under pressure
LOL since when did Mango go over the ocean to play in a room with hundreds of people cheering against him?

I'm sure the crowd had something to do with it.

AMAZING stuff from Armada. You are my hero, man. Great job, Mango.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Good point but then the bird gets banned and so on and so forth. XD
SMH

So quit with banned MK.

GET BETTER he's not unbeatable!
Ask Ally,Fiction,Boss and more. ;) XD

ALLY'S CF ALMOST BEAT M2K'S MK.
PROVES ANY POINTS?????????????????
I BEAT M2K AND I BEAT MK IN GENERAL!

STILL BAN HIS *** LMAO

U DO REALIZE 90% OF HIS MOVESET IS UNDER 10 FRAMES

10lollerskates

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
People saying "First Metaknight, then DDD, then Snake, then Jesus" and so forth... not really :]

Pretty much every character, such like Melee, has a bad match up and/or counter pick stage... Metaknight doesn't really have any bad match ups, and most counter picks favours Metaknight. Most people that did NOT main Metaknight realized this when facing a Metaknight player.. and realized only way to beat Metaknight is to BE Metaknight.. In my opinion, that's pretty much the core of the argument.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
This is arguably the worst defense against the MK banning.

Wario-DK, Marth, and a few other characters have a grab release on him. Saying Wario is the third best in the game is stupid. A great character, but not third best. "A good Wario won't get grabbed though!" True, but a majority of people aren't amazing Warios. If I can grab Omegablackmages Wario...I can grab a Wario.

King Dedede-Ummmm Tornado anyone? What can he do against it? Nothing. Toon Link, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Falco, and about 3 other characters do just fine against him. Dedede is FAR from broken.

Falco-Pikachu, Marth, Kirby, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Snake, GAW.

Anyway though,

Lets go MK's in the top 8!
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if enough people ***** and moan about losing to characters, sooner or later, they will get banned. If they see that MK got banned, what is stopping them from *****ing and moaning about XXXXX character when metaknight is gone.

STILL BAN HIS *** LMAO

10lollerskates
We know your pro-ban, stop it, your making me look bad =p

Also, you know blksheep right? I know him too, we should hang out!! (Lol just kidding but yeah, if you do, that would be cool)

Why did you go to genesis?

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
anyone have any idea how many people are left in the Brawl bracket?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Wait is there an official who got 7th? CUz 7th gets money and 8th doesn't

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
Apex was the biggest brawl tournament
Evo 07 was the biggest melee tournament

Genesis is the biggest melee+brawl tournament
Apex was slightly bigger in number but i say this is the biggest tournament because the hardest of the hardest competion is here.

Meneks

Smash Lord
LOL since when did Mango go over the ocean to play in a room with hundreds of people cheering against him?

Even though mango had hundreds of fans...There is still the pressure of disappointing his fans by losing to someone from a whole different country... I think this is what darkatma means.. This doesn't mean that armada had no pressure at all..
Mango just had more pressure on him because he was defending his title as best player

jc_off_the_heezay

Smash Apprentice

STILL BAN HIS *** LMAO

10lollerskates
True.
And are you for banning him since he beat you after learning diddy match-up? :p

And who cares about his frames?
I say MK sucks even with his broken frames he's still beatable. XD

D

Deleted member

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying if enough people ***** and moan about losing to characters, sooner or later, they will get banned. If they see that MK got banned, what is stopping them from *****ing and moaning about XXXXX character when metaknight is gone.
Thing is, the other characters have weaknesses, which is pretty tough to call them broken when another character has an advantage on them.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace

I like your sig.

People saying "First Metaknight, then DDD, then Snake, then Jesus" and so forth... not really :]

Pretty much every character, such like Melee, has a bad match up and/or counter pick stage... Metaknight doesn't really have any bad match ups, and most counter picks favours Metaknight. Most people that did NOT main Metaknight realized this when facing a Metaknight player.. and realized only way to beat Metaknight is to BE Metaknight.. In my opinion, that's pretty much the core of the argument.
Yes, thats basically the bottom line. You just summed up everything in that paragraph. Does anyone remember when Overswarm used ROB? Or when M2K used King Dedede?

I'm not complaining. My reasoning is legitimate. I'm giving you prime examples and I will continue to do so. I'm not a ****** noob who plays Brawl and didnt play Melee for 5+ years before playing Brawl. I've been around for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom