• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw Uair Footstool: 2 ways, both amazing!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
:o internet says good read lol.

yeah, this is great and all but, i mean, yeah itll help v mk, but like u said with the hundreds of setups made in the past, not gonna really make a big diff unless all us pikas start ****** mks with it lol

The Truth!

Smash Ace
this is going to evolve Pikas Meta Game, just like the hundred footstool infinites for tons of characters that were released earlier.
Pikas footstool lock is very useful. The setup isnt that difficult and at the very least its a free T2 or charged smash. Its just recently been gaining more use.

As was said its not 'broken' but its incorrect to imply it wont be useful or affect pikas meta game.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Dark energy, it doesn't work on all CGable characters. Only Falco and Metaknight...otherwise I would've put a much longer thread title...

This isn't GAME CHANGING but it is a nice set-up. For falco we can uair him around 60%, and MK around...45% so that is only like 5-6 QAs until the lock.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
0-death on MK and Falco off of a grab and good safe approaches to get grabs is pretty ridiculous.
What are these "good safe approaches to get grabs" on MK you speak of? Because I'm pretty sure they don't exist lol.

If MK doesn't want to get grabbed, he can do a pretty **** good job of not getting grabbed. :p It's not impossible, but we definitely don't have "good safe approaches" on him. (We don't have any on Falco either really, but at least he's much more likely to **** up in a position where we can grab him.)

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
just out of curiosity, cuz i was tryng to do a sh uair on mk at like 20% after the one dthrow, and it was proving kinda hard to get the uair to land.

can we buffer a reverse uair? or will that give mk enough time to escape? didnt know it started at 45ish on mk, ill try it with that percent next and see what happens

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Turnaround would be a lot faster then a regular uair. I was assuming anytime uair was mentioned they meant turnaround uair >>

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
This is just a normal uair out of dthrow. You can't ever buffer a turn around uair. You can buffer a turn around then do uair, but you can't do both in one buffer.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You can't buffer reverse uair...the game doesn't let you. Try to CG until the highest you can against MK. And yes, this is pretty technical. You need to be moving forward the whole time.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
You dont need to buffer the uair, just the turnaround jump, although Im not sure if you can do that. I know you can buffer a turnaround grab, but sometimes jump and movements act differently.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
By the way so everyone is aware, you cant hold the forward movement from the throw. Meaning you have to buffer the jump from dthrow, then wait until you start jumping before you can move forward. If you try to move forward before you jump youll cancel the buffered jump. Could be wrong someone can correct me.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Dark energy, it doesn't work on all CGable characters. Only Falco and Metaknight...otherwise I would've put a much longer thread title...

This isn't GAME CHANGING but it is a nice set-up. For falco we can uair him around 60%, and MK around...45% so that is only like 5-6 QAs until the lock.
wow really?..thats pretty disappointing...o well take what you can get i guess

Yikarur

Smash Master
By the way so everyone is aware, you cant hold the forward movement from the throw. Meaning you have to buffer the jump from dthrow, then wait until you start jumping before you can move forward. If you try to move forward before you jump youll cancel the buffered jump. Could be wrong someone can correct me.
well but you can buffer a forward dash jump aerial!

Yikarur

Smash Master
you can buffer short hop uair. you have to tilt the stick between upsmash and nair.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
sssso i herd der wer sum zzs playahs in herrr?

This looks pretty ****, Falco getting it even harder up the youknowwhat D:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Dunno, I'd rather cg Falco to 100% to upsmash/nair than cg to 60% and potentially miss a QAL.

Hmm, with a buffered dash sh uair this would work on a lot more characters like Diddy and Snake, but it's near impossible to pull off...

King~

Smash Champion
That fact that it is possible(if that is what you are implying) means someone will learn it or it can eventually become common. We just gotta stop being lazy =\

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Well, I can't even pull it off once. So that kinda says something there.

Oh yeah, thanks to this thread I found out we got guaranteed nairs on floaties now.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So...you are positive that we can BUFFER Run jump uair?

And which floaties? I wanna know...

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
So...you are positive that we can BUFFER Run jump uair?

And which floaties? I wanna know...
Yes, but it's so hard to do without upsmashing.

From what I tested so far dthrow > dash full hop nair works on everyone except Lucario, Samus, Peach, Zelda, and Jigglypuff.

Yikarur

Smash Master
it's not that hard, I think it depends on your controller lol I have almost no problems doing it :x

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Since when have you used that color for your post?

I'm starting to get it down, but it's still not worth learning!

Also, ESAM, when are you gonna get a vid up? I can do it if you're too lazy to get a vid.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'll be practicing later...**** that means I have to retest everybody since most people popped out to the side and got hit with the semi-spike property of the tail.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
ill test this on some people to help you guys. even tho it sounds like youve mainly just confirmed it only works on those two, im wondering why it wldnt work on someone like snake since hes so heavy...

edit: wait duh snake can pull a nade lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ill test this on some people to help you guys. even tho it sounds like youve mainly just confirmed it only works on those two, im wondering why it wldnt work on someone like snake since hes so heavy...

edit: wait duh snake can pull a nade lol.
It is the way some characters pop out of the hitstun/their body shape. MK and Falco just had the right fall speed/KB/weight/body shape for it to work on.

WIth the running uair...things change a lot.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
It is the way some characters pop out of the hitstun/their body shape. MK and Falco just had the right fall speed/KB/weight/body shape for it to work on.

WIth the running uair...things change a lot.

yeah def, then it just comes into how far does the dash take you when u dash then uair, if it goes to far getting the footstool is gonna be **** near impossible.

i tried it a few times with a bufferd dash, its hard lol, but i THINK we can get something to work, ill keep testing

Top Bottom