• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DA gauntlet August 15th Results!!!

HelpR

Smash Ace
TV lag is a big problem, but to be honest the tvs set up at the venue honestly arent that bad, but there's some things that need to be done to reduce the amount of lag on a TV

1: be sure to change the widescreen settings
This is really important, as it's a small thing and while it makes a small difference, the difference is still there. the thing some people need to understand about LCD, and most flat screen tvs, is that these tvs have processors in them that are made to change the varying signals inside the tv to the appropriate height and dimension to fill the screen (if you have the video mode set to fill the screen that is...) By changing the output video settings to widescreen in the brawl options, that's a few nanoseconds faster, not much, but something.

2: If the TV has a gaming mode, activate it
Some tvs now come with a gaming mode built in, basically it reduces the amount of lag the tv has by changing some settings around on the TV, some newer tvs have it built in, and the difference is noticable.

3: use component cables
This is a big one. if you're playing on a flat screen, buying component cables can considerably reduce lag, as well as make the image look alot better. you can buy component cables cheap here, and trust me, this site is legit, however. Keep in mind that the quality of the cables arent really that high, they will give you the same quality as legit nintendo cables, but they definitely are not as durable so don't expect them to stand up to large amounts of abuse, but if you treat them like any piece of tech, they'll serve you well

again, you can buy the component cables at the following link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083007&p_id=5689&seq=1&format=2

Have a good one

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Oh...-.- well, at least I got to play Fujita. One of them, lol.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Thanks Wes, I really appreciate what you do for the NY community and I'm glad you understand where we're all coming from. It was also kinda lame to be waiting outside the venue for at least an hour and a half D: was probably more.

I'll be on the lookout for Gauntlets, madu, and make it when I can.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
dont worry in times of lag us wifi knights spam nado
I need to get on this new found technique NOW!

Thanks Wes, I really appreciate what you do for the NY community and I'm glad you understand where we're all coming from. It was also kinda lame to be waiting outside the venue for at least an hour and a half D: was probably more.

I'll be on the lookout for Gauntlets, madu, and make it when I can.
Weeerd I agree and i wasn't even there XD

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah, Wes is doing big things. I probably won't be able to attend more stuff for a while because of school, but when I'm back in New York for vacations I'll definitely look for the hookups and come back.

Awesome job as usual.

Muñoz

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts to everyone that showed

team who da **** ate our pudding shall **** next time hopefully I won't **** up again lol

Good **** jtails for your placing and good **** Wes for running this can't wait til the next one

Also i had no issue with the TV's must be a wifi thing lol

did anyone else feel bad when wes said who can house the japanese and nobody said anything? lol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Also i had no issue with the TV's must be a wifi thing lol

did anyone else feel bad when wes said who can house the japanese and nobody said anything? lol
Yeah, I felt kinda bad, but I don't think anyone honestly had the space. Who ended up housing them? I saw them leave with Ninjalink but I'm not sure.

Also, I PERSONALLY thought the TV's were fine. The lag was noticeable if you played but it could have been a lot worse honestly. And it wasn't, so I'm grateful lol

Top Bottom