• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da Presents Gauntlet :gauntlet Returns SATURDAY May 19th : $400 to pot for 1v1 + 2v2

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
A NEW LOCATION:226 WEST 4 STREET AT 7TH AVE NEW YORK, NY 10009
NAME OF PLACE IS : " NYCLAN" THERE WEBSITE WWW.NYCLAN.NET

That being said, here are the Gauntlet rules as usual:

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination

•All matches are best of 3, with semi-finals best of 5 and finals best of 7.

•4 stock, 8 minute limit

•Ties broken by Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead starting at 300%. both players will restart the SD and start other match with each 1 stock and 0% on a random stage.

•20 bux entrance fee for singles

•20 bux entrance fee for each team 10 bux for each teammate

Single Stages

•Single stages on random select: yoshi story, fountain of dreams, pokemon staduim, battlefield , dreamland, dk 64, final destination

•counter pick stages : brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk64, final destination, rainbow cruise Mute City, green greens,onett,fountain of dreams jungle japes and poke floats

•Stages banned: venom, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, green greens ,Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Great Bay, MK1, yoshi’s island and Yoshi's Island 64

Teams Stages

•Stages on random select: pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk 64, dreamland yoshi story, final destination, Stages at Random

•Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Yoshi's story 64, Kongo Jungle great bay, fourside, venom ad yoshi’s island, fountain of dreams AND MUTE CITY( cuase of lag)

•Counter Pick Stages :peaches castle , brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, onett, mk2, rainbow cruise, green greens, jungle japes ,poke floats
final destination,dk64and battlefield

•Other Rules - Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

•Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

•Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

•Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match .NEW RULE!!!

•NEW COUNTER PICKING RULE:

loser of the match is allowed one or the other not both ( either counter pick character or counter pick stage when u lose not be able to counter pick stage and character if you lose the match). If losing player counter picks character the next stage will be picked at random from the random select stage list. THIS RULE GOES FOR TEAMS AND SINGLES

•Knock out rule: players on both sides are allowed to knock out 1 stage out of the whole set whether its on the random select or counter picks stage list

•also the stage on random select cannot come more then once only the counter picked stages can .

•cash prizes: cash prizes depends on how many people participates in the events the money is then divided by the top 3 places in singles and 2 in teams

(1vs1)singles: 1st: 70% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot, 3rd 10% of pot
(2vs2)teams: 1st: 80% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot if there is enough teams there will be a 3rd place THEN IT WILL BE 70 20 10

*THE TOUREY WILL START AT 1:00pm SHARP teams 1st then singles last everyone be there by 12:00pm for registration or else*

registration starts at 10:00 to 11:00 and ends at 12:00

*TEAMS WILL START 1ST THEN SINGLES AFTERWARDS SO DONT BE LATE*
-Once $$ is taken AND given to the owner of the place to take his/her cut NO REFUNDS can be made.
-no FIGHTING IF CAUGHT WILL BE BANNED FROM PLACE AND DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REFUND AND ASK TO LEAVE BUILDING IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT REFUND NOOO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!

If anyone has any questions, IM or PM me.
Hope to see you all there!!

The tourney will start early this time since we have a lil time to end it so reg starts at 12 and
tounrey starts at 1
The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
(i <3 the mages rule)

AND ALSO SINCE THIS GAUNTLET IS SO FAR FROM NOW WE WILL MAY HAVE BIWEEKLIES TO RAISE MONEY TOWARDS THE POT AND TO RAISE PPLS SKILLS TOO FOR GAUNTLET SO THIS CAN BE THE HARDEST GAUNTLET EVER. MORE DETAILS WILL BE POSTED LATER

2 special announcements :
1. for those whom want to get seeded from their teammates you should just leave us ur name info on : what crew ur in, state ur from , if you entering teams or singles and most importantly ur real name and alais email us all this info at this email address : DAGauntlet@aim.com

2. Everyone will love this there is a 400 dollar bonus split between teams and singles for those whom wins teams or singles gets an extra 200 dollars for wining either teams or singles. IMPORTANT: THERE WILL ONLY BE A BONUS POT IF AT LEAST 100 PEOPLE REGISTER AND ENTER THE TOURNEY.

That is all ppl hope to see everyone there

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
this whole weekend has just been too much. I've lost friends. I've lost respect. I've lost I game that believe it or not I love to play. I've lost my family's trust. I 've lost alot.

but in all of this I think I will gain my life back.

the threats that were made were empty. no one's life was ever in danger. I was very angry...

Every time I have an outburst after losing someone comes online and says "oh that lunatic" or "that ******* black dude" and I wanted to stirke fear in them just so that maybe they'll think about their actions just as much as they want me to think about mine.

that's all it was. as far as all of the other remarks....

I don't agree with all of them, but I can't control what anyone says.

i realize that now.

I'm looking to just pay for the damages and walk away from this game and let everyone "feel at peace"

as much as I would've like to improve I realize now I never would have cuz people constantly sandbag me.

I don't want the community to die. I just wanted to feel like my efforts didn't go unnoticed.

and it seemed like it did.

I feel i'm a reflection of how ugly the community started to become.

I felt it was getting to a point that you weren't really respected unless your name was on the top 10 list. people out of state wont give you a real fight unless that's the case.

It sucks to go out on such a bad note but it can't be helped now...

I guess when brawl comes out, I will have to play it locally or maybe just play it by myself.

it wouldnt be the first time I played a game by myself.

my entire smash career will only be remembered by this which really makes me sad.

none of the jokes cracked over the years will matter. only all of the things thrown or broken will be remembered.

final shoutouts

Wes - for even putting up with me in the crew as long as you did. thanks for showing me a higher level of smash play way back in 02 by coming to my house and 9 stocking me repeatedly. thanks for the oppurtunity to be part of such a cool crew. it's over now and i hae no complaints about it. I deserved it years ago.

D1 - for the encouraging words even at my lowest points in life. you will always hold a special place in my mind and heart.

the rest of DA - not holding my past against me through everything. I just don't want people to think you guys are like me. I am not representative of the strength in so many areas that members in DA posess. In and out of the game.

Alex - for tkaing the time to hear me out without letting what happened ovveride u listening to me.

triforce - trying to coach me in close matches in the past. thanks for all of the great stories. I wish I could still be down but I know what I did will not allow that.

Dave - for showing me how careful I need to be around two-faced people such as yourself. You never had respect for me but continually smiled in my face and portrayed that we were the closest friends ever. not the case... u sir are an a$$hole and deserved the instant karma you've received over the years. I thank you for opening my eyes to the bull$hit present around me.

I cannot shake this heavy weight of shame that's upon me at this moment. somehow my family found out about this situation and the shame runs even deeper than it did b4....

just remember me for the things I brought to this great community.

IC glitch

DA Dash

handicap glitch

exceptional pikachu player

marth up+b cancel

and I wonder why more falco and fox players don't charge down smash near a down smashing peach. if you think i'm crazy try it with a friend first and see what happens...

anyways i'm already done in the community

let the good be remembered seeing that i'm gone anyway...

- ron out -

Bailey

Smash Hero
I am remembering Ron for only the things he asked for you should all do the same if you have any respect for a smasher that even if he did stupid stuff was still a smasher in a community of a cr@p load of people, so just remember him as a smasher and the good things he did remembering someone for the bad things causes more drama later on. Ron you will be missed. Also I am gonna try to get to this one.

Steel Kangaroo

Smash Ace
Why are these all on sundays now? Its really hard for people who have school on monday to get into the city, play smash, and get home for school without having to leave at like 7PM...

Link226

Smash Ace
Why are these all on sundays now? Its really hard for people who have school on monday to get into the city, play smash, and get home for school without having to leave at like 7PM...
the truth...lol. Theres no way ya can make this happen on saterday?

But yesterday was the **** so i am definitely coming to this one. I gotta play you this time Wes!

kiwiii

Smash Lord
it would've been amazing if this was scheduled for the 19th. coming to nyc that evening for a show. sucks that i gotta head back to va right afterwards!!
**** ! haha one day i'll check out a gauntlet

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'll talk to my brother about it tonight. He probably has school the next day, so I don't know. It is before my summer classes start though, so there's a chance that I could come.. :)

H3LL F0X

Smash Cadet
Ron. As always no matter how upset or how much you've elevated your anger towards losing competative matches, I still respect you and consider you one of the best people I've fought agianst and that's the truth. But you do know that your actions have dictated negative outputs on not only the community but within NYClan and even DA. Ron. We love ya and you know that, or atleast I do. You've too much to lose to throw away your life over an upset lost when you know for sure that If you set your mind and heart to it, you can do it. Don't let anyone tell you different because it doesn't matter and they don't matter. You know how good you are so you shouldn't have anything to prove to no one but yourself. Play for the challenge, for the fight and the will to improve " NOT TO TRY AND GAIN RESPECT FROM PEOPLE WHO DON'T RESPECT YOU". Ease up bro, you'll improve on your own and gain respect without even asking for it. It will just come to you. ;)

pockyD

Smash Legend
•NEW COUNTER PICKING RULE:

loser of the match is allowed one or the other not both ( either counter pick character or counter pick stage when u lose not be able to counter pick stage and character if you lose the match). If losing player counter picks character the next stage will be picked at random from the random select stage list. THIS RULE GOES FOR TEAMS AND SINGLES
If the loser counter-picks stage, what happens with the characters? Is it double-blind, or are both players forced to keep their character from game 1?

-concerned ice climbers player =[

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Good news: We're going to this :)

Is there anyone able to house on Saturday evening so I don't have to get up too early?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I need to know:

1. Anyone able to house Saturday evening?
2. How do you get here by train or bus from Grand Central?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I know....

tournament is on saturday now....
Housing on Saturday would still keep me from being awake from 7 am to 5 am the next day and trying to drive after 2 am.... Also, I still need to know how to get to this place from grand central. Change of date doesn't change where i'm coming from.. :p :lick:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
oak is always welcome at my house...im me and I will def help and show you the way

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Im pumped finally a real good tourny. I have attended one MLG( back in October) and a large amount of Parallax tournies. Me and my partner are doing singles and 2v2

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Someone clarify the counterpicking rules. It doesn't say anything about the winner of the previous round being able to change his/her character after the loser counterpicks stage. Wes told me at the last Gauntlet that the winner had to stick with the character they were using, but just so everyone else knows...

Top Bottom