• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DA presents: Gauntlet Reboot Melee

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord

Date: March 31th, 2012
Time: 12:00
(between Broadway and Lexington Ave)
New York, NY 10016

Registration starts: 12:00
Tournament Starts 1:00

Double fee: 10.00 ($5.00 per person)
Singles fee: $10.00
Venue fee: $10.00

NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINKS!!!! IF YOU WANT TO EAT OR DRINK YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE FOOD THAT THE ESTABLISHMENT OFFERS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO EAT THE ESTABLISHMENT FOOD, YOU CAN WAIT FOR THE 30MINUTE LUNCH BREAK ANNOUNCEMENT I WILL MAKE. PLAYERS WILL THEN BE ABLE TO GO OUT TO EAT. BUT MUST COME BACK BEFORE THEIR MATCHES ARE CALLED.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Singles Stage ListStarters/Neutrals:
* Yoshi’s Story
* Fountain of Dreams
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Dream Land

Counterpick:
* Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Stage ListStarters/Neutrals:
* Yoshi’s Story
* Pokemon Stadium
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Dream Land

Counterpick:
* DK 64

General Rules
* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Double Blind*: If elected.
* Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
* Neutral Start*: If elected.
* DSR Modified will be used*
* Gentleman’s Clause*
* Forced Character Selection*: Off
* Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Additional Rules for Teams Play
* Team Attack: ON.
* Life Stealing is allowed.
* If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

How to Play a Set
1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
3. The players play the first match of the set.
Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.
Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.

4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a
9. Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
10. The next match is played.
11. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Term Definitions
* Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
* Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
* Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority.

Singles:

* DSR Modified: A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
* Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
* Forced Character Selection: The losing player once had the option to select Random Stage as their counterpick and remove the option to change characters from the winner of the previous round. This is no longer legal. If a player wishes to select Random Stage as their counterpick, the winner of the previous round may choose to change their character.
* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.

* Doubles:
* DSR Modified: A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
* Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
* Forced Character Selection: The losing player once had the option to select Random Stage as their counterpick and remove the option to change characters from the winner of the previous round. This is no longer legal. If a player wishes to select Random Stage as their counterpick, the winner of the previous round may choose to change their character.
* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.

I CHANGED THE DATE TO 31ST

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Would anyone care if I switched the date to the 31st of March instead? Or it wouldnt make much of a difference? LET ME KNOW ASAP SO I CAN MAKE THE ACCORDING CHANGES.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Wouldn't make much of a difference for me. In fact, it would be a little better so we have another week in between no johns (March 3) and this = bigger attendance.

Atrain

Smash Cadet
I just started to get into ssbm and this will be the first tourney I'll be going to (just to watch). I go to NYU and I know quite a lot of people that play Smash as casuals that I'll be bringing along. Our dorm is only a few blocks away. Already excited about it.

a nub

Smash Ace
damn mad new ppl showing up in ny, so beast

more than ever we gotta have an organized place for ny fests and **** on here/fb or something, anyone else agree?

sorta on topic I guess

Hax

Smash Champion
Best tournament series of all time. You know I'm in there wes

:phone:

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
announcement

Is there about 2 person that have a cube/melee i need about 1 more set up the person that were suppose to bring them cancelled last minute so who ever can bring it. will get their venue waived. Mind you if your bringing a setup please come no later than 12pm

Top Bottom