• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:~= Dac's Daily Review of Brawl =~:. - [Updated] Fri, Aug 24

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Hey Davack since when do you talk to sakurai? Or are u just screwin wit us. Im not good with sarcasm
Haha, I was just playin' around. Of course, my AIM screen name is Shigeru Miyamoto, so maybe someday Sakurai will get confused an IM me. =P

But I really do have a good feeling about November 2nd... Don't know why. We'll see!

~Dac

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Why the hell isn't this in the dojo updates forum? -_-

Dacvak

Smash Ace
The idea is that I'm not going to just review the Dojo updates, but any news released / leaked about Brawl. Unfortunately, the only bit of news we've had so far has been from the Dojo updates.

As more news appears in different places, like TGS and all that, I'll be rating that individually as well.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yoshi: Final Smash - Characters - Aug 23

It's absolutely unbelievable. No matter what we, as outsiders, guess the update will be, we'll be completely wrong and shocked every time. You'd think by now we'd figure out to expect the unexpected, yet somehow sh*t like this keeps catching us off-guard.

Every night before the update, I spend my time in the Brawl chat room (irc.rizon.net, #ssbb, go there!) and we always have long discussions about what we think the update will be. Never once did someone say either Yoshi's Final Smash or Animal Crossing music, let alone both in the same night. Ladies and gentlemen, a true two-fer.

Anyway, onto Yoshi's new sick moves. I suppose Sakurai felt bad for Yoshi in Brawl, and giving him extra air with his new Up-B just wasn't payment enough. Obviously, if Pit and Yoshi boinked and had some mutated child together, this Final Smash would be it. (Wait, that didn't sound right...) For real, though, this FS is absolute gold. Yoshi mains will rejoice as they can finally have full aerial control with the little dino-lizard-dragon guy.

I mean, I'd love to know exactly how long this Final Smash will last, but even if it's for 10 seconds, that's going to be pretty epic. Now, I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the second to last screen shot. Holy piss, when did Brawl get ported to the 360!? Is it just me, or are the special effects in this game absolutely stunning? That fireball just devastating, but in a beautiful sort of way. Must... go towards... the light....

8.9/10

Animal Crossing: Go K.K. Rider! - Music - Aug 23

Are you kidding me!? First off, we already got Yoshi's FS tonight, but you're telling me we get the Animal Crossing stage music as well? And it's Go K.K. Rider, no less! For those of you who have never played an Animal Crossing game before, (go f*cking play it) every Saturday at 8pm, a little guitar-wielding dog, named K.K., will play you a song at your request. After he finishes playing for you, you have the option of bumming the cassette recording off of him to listen to at your pad. (F*ck the MPAA.)

In Animal Crossing, there were easily over 40 songs, and I'll have to say that my most memorable, and personal favorite, was always Go K.K. Rider! This song was bomb in the game, and it's bomb in it's Brawl form. Now, the composition sort of confused me at first. It's obviously Go K.K. Rider, but it just didn't seem as epic as the other Brawl music we've been given. Of course, then I pictured myself playing on the Animal Crossing stage with K.K. just doing his thing in the background. Wow, it totally clicked at that point. D*mn, this song rocks.

I'm such a nice guy, I'll even link you guys to the original song. Click Here!
Pretty awesome, huh? I think they did a great job with the new composition. And to top it all off, it ends with our favorite singing K-9 with his classic gibberish, yet beautiful voice.* Just stunning.

9.1/10

*For those of you who would like to hear the lyrics to the song, I'll paste them below:
Pwey me ohhhhh!! Oh me mee pweeyy mee, me oh meee me ohhh me pweee!!!

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Yeah, that was probably a bit biased. I changed it to 9.1. Still, the music updates are my favorite, and this one is pretty epicsauce.

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Years of hard work and dedication, my friend.

Actually, I've written for a lot of video game publication sites over the years, and that's just my style. =P Screw X-Play and their dumb*ss star system. If you want to rate things properly, you need to go into detail.

Anyway, I hope you liked the new reviews. I wasn't ridiculously tired when I wrote them. :p

~Dac

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm awaiting the update that will be worth a perfect 10 from you, Dac. :)
Yoshi's Final Smash is just awesome! And the music was pleasant as well. Keep it all up!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I'm awaiting the update that will be worth a perfect 10 from you, Dac. :)
Yoshi's Final Smash is just awesome! And the music was pleasant as well. Keep it all up!
Actually, the Four Kinds of Control got a perfect 10. That one totally deserved it. :D

~Dac

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Your thread.

0/10.

Sorry but you can't 'review' something unless you have tried & tested it fully.

Which of course, you havn't.

Only thing you can actually properly review about Brawl is it's music, which because it is available to you.

Apart from the - I rather not read your OPINION about Brawl's updates.

My apologies, I don't mean to 'hate' but at the same time, I don't wish to see crap when I browse the General Discussion board.

oh, another thing - if you do get angry, then don't worry - in a few months we can put our 'reviews' aside and let our thumbs do the talking.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Haha, hey dude, you're entitled to your opinions just like everyone else is. Unfortunately, though, these forums weren't built just for you.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell anyone else who doesn't dig this thread: If you don't want to read it, uhhh, don't read it. It's not a difficult concept.

And for your information, I never said I was reviewing the game. I'm reviewing the news about the game. I'd recommend learning to read all of the information before posting something inaccurate.

~Dac

(And thumbs don't have mouths, unless: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZMapqeIKabI )

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i actually like what you're doing dacvak. giving your personal opinion on the updates, which is what everyone does everyday, but you put more effort into it

and bonus points for knowing what Thumb Wars is. i have the whole collection!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Wow those reviews are biased, still nice to see the effort though. Well Done

Dacvak

Smash Ace
i actually like what you're doing dacvak. giving your personal opinion on the updates, which is what everyone does everyday, but you put more effort into it

and bonus points for knowing what Thumb Wars is. i have the whole collection!
I literally just watched The Blair Thumb about an hour ago with a friend.

It was totally sharky... COMPLETE!

~Dac

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Petey Piranha - Game Modes - Aug 24

Today is Hideo Kojima's birthday, so I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed that ol' Sakurai didn't give him the birthday present he deserved. It would have been cool to see Snake on the updates for once.

So, we're blessed with Petey Piranha, and he's listed in Game Modes. Wait, Game Modes? I can't wait for the wave of DECONFIRM'd about to be plastered on the boards. Sakurai's really been giving us a lot of recent information about Adventure Mode, so he must think pretty highly of it, so far. I have to admit, though, using Petey as a boss is a bit of a Nintendo cliché. Still, no one can deny that he looks fscking PIMP. (Check out the two ladies on either side of him. Oh yeah, what a player.)

Really, though, we didn't get much with this update. And for a Friday (of one of the best weeks ever), it's certainly disappointing. All we learned is that we'll be facing off with the classic *ss-biter, while be beats the sh*t out of both princesses. And we have to pick just one to save? Well d*mn, I guess at first thought, I'm going to save Zelda. I think she's hotter. (And yes, if this was real life, I'm pretty sure I'd base the lives of both on simply who was hotter. Fun to be a guy, huh?) The only interesting thing I see about this update, is it sort of lends me the idea that Ridley is going to be a boss character, and not a playable one. Time will tell.

Bah, screw this update. I'm going to go listen to K.K. on Youtube.

5.7/10

~Dac

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why I thought we were gonna get MGS music. Made sense though, to me, at least. Anyway, Petey wasn't that bad...maybe a 6.5. He IS something new, which is nice. But, just as vague as the rest of the updates, which is ****ty. But I think the way you fight him is... original. And I bet the story centers around whoever you save/don't save.

P.S. This is Joot. =P

Master White

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm posting on this thread again. Why do I continue to do it? Nobody knows, really. I just find that if I post on this thread, my life will finally have meaning. I post because I seek fulfillment. Everytime I post, it sets my mind free. I feel like anything is possible. I post for confidence. Yes, posting defines nearly everything I do. I post, therefor, I am.

Anyways, nice reviews, Dac.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Thanks.

Ya know, I thought I had Sakurai at least partially figured out. He usually ends the week on a good note, but this week was entirely opposite. He's mindgaming us all. :/

~Dac

Smash Ace
you rated the disclosure of the release date much too low, and "you must recover" and "standard combos" too high.

(15-secnd movie presentation should have been 15/10. get it?)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
you rated the disclosure of the release date much too low, and "you must recover" and "standard combos" too high.

(15-secnd movie presentation should have been 15/10. get it?)
You know what, you're right. And this thread isn't just to review the Dojo Updates, so I think I'm going to go back and review the E3 update - Brawl's Release Date.

Thanks for the suggestion.

~Dac

Speachami

Smash Cadet
You wanna know what I find most hilarious in this thread? It's not the absurdity, nor the ironic pointlessness. No, it's not even the fact that it is still open, by all accounts I believe it should be closed.

What I find most humorous about this entire thread is the fact that this thread was made to highlight your reviews, by you Dacvak, and yet you don't seem to have the balls to stand up for your own opinion, pardon the expression moderators.

The way I see it, your motives for creating this pointless topic was to separate your opinion from others and yet you so easily assimilate other people's opinions into YOUR reviews. The only sound reasons I can see for this is that you are either a wimp who has no backbone to hold your ideas firm, or that you are just using this moronic thread in order to raise your ego and increase your online "popularity". Both of which are extremely pathetic reasons if you ask me.

I wonder, how many times have you bent in order to appease another smash fan's own perspective. If you insist to make a ridiculous thread, I'd assume you'd have the balls to stand by your opinion.

This thread is truly a waste of unreturnable time.

Oh, and I bowdlerized this post since I'm certain if I had ran the previous version, I'd be banned by now. You can thank the moderators for that much.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Man, aren't you done complaining yet? It's amazing, we got rid of you for about a week, but sure enough you're back! You really do love me! :D

Anyway, everyone's entitled to their opinion, though the good thing about conversing with others is you get to see their opinions as well. When others share their opinion, sometimes my original one might change. It's called adaptation, and it's an essential part of life. (Er, nevermind, you'll figure it out eventually.)

The point is, I made this thread in order to get feedback from people, and when it's offered, I take it seriously and put thought into it. If I make a mistake or judge something incorrectly and someone points it out, I'm not going to blindly defend myself. I might change it, I might not. Either way, whatever I do will be a result of what I think is correct, and sometimes that's because of others' inputs.

So either way, I'm glad you've been enjoying this thread, and I hope you keep coming back!

~Dac

(Oh, and in case you didn't read the sarcastic intonation in my voice, let me boldly spell it for you. You're simply pathetic for continuing to attack someone because they enjoy writing their opinions. Trust me, if this board had something against people stating their opinions, I'm pretty sure no one would be around. Pathetic.)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Man, aren't you done complaining yet? It's amazing, we got rid of you for about a week, but sure enough you're back! You really do love me! :D

Anyway, everyone's entitled to their opinion, though the good thing about conversing with others is you get to see their opinions as well. When others share their opinion, sometimes my original one might change. It's called adaptation, and it's an essential part of life. (Er, nevermind, you'll figure it out eventually.)

The point is, I made this thread in order to get feedback from people, and when it's offered, I take it seriously and put thought into it. If I make a mistake or judge something incorrectly and someone points it out, I'm not going to blindly defend myself. I might change it, I might not. Either way, whatever I do will be a result of what I think is correct, and sometimes that's because of others' inputs.

So either way, I'm glad you've been enjoying this thread, and I hope you keep coming back!

~Dac

(Oh, and in case you didn't read the sarcastic intonation in my voice, let me boldly spell it for you. You're simply pathetic for continuing to attack someone because they enjoy writing their opinions. Trust me, if this board had something against people stating their opinions, I'm pretty sure no one would be around. Pathetic.)
BRAVO BRAVO!

Since when is it illegal to change your opinions when someone proves their ideas to be more logical than yours?
Speachami, you just don't get it.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
You wanna know what I find most hilarious in this thread? It's not the absurdity, nor the ironic pointlessness. No, it's not even the fact that it is still open, by all accounts I believe it should be closed.

What I find most humorous about this entire thread is the fact that blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
:ohwell:

Why do you hate everything and talk like everything you say is 100% fact?

Sounds like someone needs a hug.

M.K

Level 55
Uhm, I like the opinions and all, but if you are going to rate an update, I suggest you leave out real personal feelings towards the game, because I think the Groudon update was ALOT (ALOT) better than Standard Combos and Smash Attacks. You don't have to hate an update because it's Pokemon, hate it because it has no value, and the Groudon one had value seeing as they are now representing the 3rd Generation and hopefully the 4th as well!

Oh and, all of Fox's Updates (by your Logic): 1/10

I hate him. Doesn't that sound absurd?

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Uhm, I like the opinions and all, but if you are going to rate an update, I suggest you leave out real personal feelings towards the game, because I think the Groudon update was ALOT (ALOT) better than Standard Combos and Smash Attacks. You don't have to hate an update because it's Pokemon, hate it because it has no value, and the Groudon one had value seeing as they are now representing the 3rd Generation and hopefully the 4th as well!

Oh and, all of Fox's Updates (by your Logic): 1/10

I hate him. Doesn't that sound absurd?
Sadly, that's how most of the rating system is. Ever notice how the Sony portion of IGN continually gives every Gundam game a 2.5/10 or worse? Biased opinions, my friend.

That being said, I'll definitely try to keep more of an open mind. I'd like everyone's personal opinion on each rating so that I may be able to better shape my own.

But even the Groudon update got around the same score that other Pokemon and ATs got, so it wasn't that biased. I just have been out of the Pokemon scene since Yellow, so my apologies. Maybe when the next Pokemon update happens, let me know your personal score, and tell me why it's rad or not. :D

~Dac

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Dac, hurry the f--- up! I kid, I kid. I know you're occupied with college and s---, so get to this when you can. Doesn't really matter though, this update sucked anyway. Two times in a row they didn't do what was expected, which is good, but bad when the expected makes more sense than what actually happens. The b----es.

-Joot

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I think your rating system is great, Dac. That way, rating's much easier, at least that's how I see it. Out of a scale of 1 to 5, you could never rate something accordingly. And I think you're doing very well in reviewing the Dojo updates (sometimes they're a bit biased, but so are most of the opinions at least once in a lifetime), so for your efforts I present you: A box full of cookies! x3

Chakra

Smash Cadet
Awesome Dac! I finally got around to reading the review thread you were talking about, and suffice to say: Me likey! Looking forward to monday night! :laugh:

Top Bottom