• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dacus.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Nobody ever talks about Diddy's DACUS... this is because it sucks, but that's not the point. Has anyone ever found any use for it? You can use it to pick up a nearby Banana while doing an Up-Smash, but that's about it. Its slide is very short, shorter than a JC Up-Smash or Hyphen Smash... so is it ever at all even slightly useful?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Diddy has a DACUS?
Correct me if I'm wrong but DACUS is a Universal AT like glide tossing. Only some characters don't get any benefit from using a glide toss since they don't travel any noticeable or useful distance and the same can be said about DACUS (literally).

@P1: Why?

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I thought you could pick up a close by naner with a hypen usmash? If you can't, I guess that's one advantage. other then that, spacing? Baiting?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I thought about this a while ago...the only application I thought of was if you accidentally Dash Attacked someones shield...chances are they wouldn't be able to grab in between the Dash Attack and Usmash and the timing would throw them off...but the timing to do the DACUS and the expected payoff led me not to practice it...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've used it to pick up bananas with Sheik and boost smash across the stage at the same time. It's definitely usable with other characters.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
but lets say dash attack gets punishable, well you could always just run up and A/Z but DACUS could be used against characters such as luigi who slides(when shielding) after getting hit with a smash such as upsmash...useful in the matchup lol?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol i just told portcity that our dash attack is horrible. so horrible, that even captain falcon's moves can out prioritize it sometimes lol

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
this might be long known, but if you just hyphen usmash with diddy over a banana you dont upsmash but dash attack instead :S

it got me killed one time :D

sooo, how do you dacus exactly with diddy? since you *might* need different buttons?

TreK

Is "that guy"
duh, I wish I was able to pull it off ; there are a lot of times where I want to hyphen and I DA instead ._.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so i can do ANYTHING into dacus?

and when u say forward+up, does the plus mean at the same time THEN press up again?

Player-1

Smash Legend
how to
(The end of some kind of actions) Forward(stick)+Up(Cstick)->Up(Cstick)
So, you're buffering the forward and up on the c stick which initiates a dash attack, and then the 2nd up on the c stick initiates the Usmash and it has to be timed on the 2nd frame of the dash attack?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
First frame, actually. Try and buffer everything. The Diddy in the vid was doing spotdodges and dash attacks so he could buffer a dash attack, then do an usmash on the first frame of the 2nd dash attack (at least, that's what I made of it).

Turns out all the people with vids of them doing DACUSes as Diddy were just mashing up on the cstick, me included. :lick:

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
oh shet!! Inguilt, isn't that what you guys been trying to figure out!!??
I'm on it already.
Anyways translation on the description for you non-japanese people:
nvm I was trying it and I see the real input now.
because you have to input the up smash on the first frame, it requires you to use the c-stick for the dash attack, spot dodging allows you to practice it easier.
spot dodge->buffer a dash attack by inputting side c-stick up or down->c-stick up right after.

the timing for the buffer is about the second time diddy flashes. and don't slam your analog stick or else you'll do a fsmash instead.

I'm starting to get it so I'll post a video with my clicky sound so you know the timing :3

heres the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ew-rThiWvM
its right around 25 seconds.
I found out its easier if you input the dash attack using c-stick down instead of up. that way you can go down then up, and its 10 times easier, I did it 3 times in a row that way.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
These threads should be merged.

I just managed to do it once myself (omg it hurts)! So, Diddy does have a DACUS! We figured it out! ^_^ I'll add it to the Kongpendium.

Top Bottom