• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair Glitch?

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
So a while back I saw this video, where Roy dairs Captain Falcon during his regular getup from the ledge. However, instead of getting launched, he instead gets stuck in place for a few seconds, seemingly stuck in hitstun. I've tried several times, but I've never been able to recreate the effect. Has anybody else seen something like this?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Yep, that's definitely a glitch, and a cool one at that. It reminds me of a Final Smash such as Link's or Ike's where you wait for the finishing blow for about a second or two. I doubt this could be utilized practically, and even if it could be, I'm sure it will be patched anyway (obviously).

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
So a while back I saw this video, where Roy dairs Captain Falcon during his regular getup from the ledge. However, instead of getting launched, he instead gets stuck in place for a few seconds, seemingly stuck in hitstun. I've tried several times, but I've never been able to recreate the effect. Has anybody else seen something like this?
It was likely caused by the get-up animation being interrupted. The game might of counted him as in the air, while he was actually right on the ground, like how Roy's Jump from ledge instant counter.

Top Bottom