• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair to grab= Legit?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I am not sure if this is official or not. But worth giving it a shot. I'm here playing CPU9 Wario to get some feel of this match up. And somewhat getting my *** handed to me. I seriously don't play warios to have a set way to play him. I read all about the match up but that wont help if I am not use to playing him. Good think CPU do help you in some ways since they are seriously good.

Anyway while playing, I Float to a Dair and once the first kick came in I decided to fast fall to a grab. And it seem to work on wario. I was able to grab him each time. This would be best on big characters as well. It be best if you buffer the grab. I was also able to do this with short hop dairs.

As I said, this is CPU, so try it on an opponent and see if this is legit. if it is not an official set up then thats cool. But I still think it is a good way for grabs and catch people by surprise.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
it might be. it works w/ fox at least. his dair might have more stun though but peach's has quite a bit.

idk how u buffer the grab w/ peach but w/ fox I just press my grab button after the drill sound effect finishes so maybe it's the same for peach.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I believe they can SDI the first hit and avoid the grab. The wario matchup is mostly about finding your comfortable Bair camping zone (at least from what Praxis showed me of him vs wario). He can't really do anything except hope you mess up or clash with you and in the long run you'll win.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I imagine frame data and DI will rip this to shreds but I bet you could pull it off every now and then against someone who wasn't expecting it

And for Wario, you simply just never approach, use Bair and use Turnips defensively. The match up is incredibly boring

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
People seem to be getting me confused. I mean doing this in general. To anyone on the game. Not just Wario. I broiught up Wario cause he was the CPU I was playing at the moment.

LucasGrey

Smash Cadet
I tried doing this before but tbh if you get a dair it is probably better if you continue the Dair cause this can be punished I've had it happen to me before but throwing out random things like this can throw of you opponents being about to read you so I'd go for it.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
It is legit.

Mountain Tiger did some testing on unfinished dairs earlier, and we have guaranteed grabs after 100%.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227174
I should point out that I didn't test this myself at all. Hotgarbage was the one that did the testing; I just reposted it because it was forgotten and I thought it was worth knowing about.

So yeah, it's Hotgarbage we have to thank for that.

It's a good thing to keep available it would seem. SH Dair someone. YOu could then mix it up with FFing to a grab, or just let the whole thing continue. SH DAIR MOAR.

LucasGrey

Smash Cadet
It's a good thing to keep available it would seem. SH Dair someone. YOu could then mix it up with FFing to a grab, or just let the whole thing continue. SH DAIR MOAR.
i short hop diar alot probably what sets me aside from those floaty peachs

gregWHO

Smash Cadet
I used to do this all the time in melee and it worked. I assume with the work done that as long as the last hit of dair doesn't connect and you grab before stun ends, it's good to go.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Is SDI accounted for? Wario mains (Fiction and DMG specifically) have the most ridiculous SDI I've ever seen.

Top Bottom