• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair vs Nair?

ep1c_marf

Smash Apprentice
shffl dair to shine or shffl nair to shine which do you perfer and why

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
they each have their uses. nair is safer to use on shield, has a longer duration, and has less start up and lag. dair has more range to it though, especially if youre going to approach with a full hop, and is better for crossing up if you want to keep your opponent guessing what youre doing. overall though, i tend to mix in both pretty regularly while also mixing between short hop and full hop approaches depending on the MU and what i think my opponent is expecting. they both beat CCing though, and are extremely valuable set ups. dair is also safe from shield grabs if you SHFFL it properly and follow with a shine, its just harder to do so because sometimes you hit the top of their shield and cant land quick enough.

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
I used to play Falco in Melee, so Dair/Shine is more natural to me, but as I play more and more Wolf, I find myself using Nair/Shine more often. Whether your opponent is grounded or slightly airborne, Nair seems to lead into Shine pretty consistently, although I don't know if the opponent can SDI out of Nair while airborne. Nair is also safer on shield, as noted above. If they're at above full jump height I usually Dair, since that can lead into another Dair if they don't tech, or a single hit Nair reset (I've done it only once though lol). Both options are really good, in the end it's kind of personal preference/MU dependent.

Top Bottom