• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Daisy's Old Design VS. Current Design Thread!!!

Which Daisy design do you like the most?

• Total voters

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Everyone knows our flamboyant, cheerful and tomboy princess from the Mario series: Daisy.

Daisy is the princess of Sarasaland, which makes some people call her a desert princess, although Sarasaland is not only desert themed.

Let's look at Daisy's current design:

So here it is:
-Yellow dress with orange details
-Short hair
-White Skin
-Big eyes
-Gold Crown
-Her flowers acessories are aqua green

Also, she has a very very annoying voice, portrayed by Deanna Mustard since 2003 to the present times.
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
Yeah we know that! Although this is always made for funny purposes.

But Daisy's design was totally different until Mario Party 4, the first game to show Daisy's current appearance!

Let's look at Daisy's old design:

She doesn't have a lot of images of her older look, so here it is:
-Yellow dress with white details
-Long hair
- A slighty dark skin color
-Not-so-big eyes
-Pink crown (sometimes red, most likely in Mario Party 3 during gameplay, see the video below)
-Her flowers accessories are blue

Also her voice was not so annoying, it was portrayed by Kate Flemimg in Mario Tennis (64) and by Jen Taylor in Mario Paty 3
You can listen to her voice in the final of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0d1V_kpvNk

The cause of all this?

I made this thread to see the opinion of everyone, if them prefer Daisy's older or current look, also to see people's opinion of her voice.

I need votes for Daisy' older or current look and I will post the results here.
Please take my poll up there
Also you can tell your opinion.

Last edited:

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Current Daisy, I find her design more appealing with the big eyes and orange details on dress.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
I choose older Daisy specifically the Mario Tennis model, I just find it better. On top of that the older voice wasn't as annoying as the current

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I's say the newer design because it has more personality and differences. Also, she looks much cuter that way. :3

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I love Daisy no matter what, but her personality has been truly outrageous as of late. It's like, she's so excited and loud, while I think that's what make her how she is (a tomboy), I sort of miss the more reserve, royal, and calm Daisy... I mean, she was almost exactly like Peach (making her somewhat cloney), but Peach is my favorite character when it comes to Mario, so seeing a different character with slight differences but that overall Peach-feel, REALLY appealed to me. Her dress/accessories looked HECK OF A LOT better, and her voice was very sweet.

I'd have to say the older Daisy. She gets my vote!! Dang though, when you really look at it, it's like they are both such different characters when it comes to looks/voice/attitude, honestly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Older Daisy. The new one looks funny. Fat head

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
appearence-wise, I like the more recent look because it's more different compared to Peach, the hair for example. but, her current voice... surely is annoying, I much prefer her Mario Party 3 voice, as shown in the OP.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess the newer design, she looks less like Peach what with the different hair. I'm surprised she doesn't have the tanned skin anymore though. It would make her stick out more, in a good way. I mean it's not that big of a deal, but still.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
If I could choose her design, I'd choose a mix between the current AND old design. I'd keep her old pink crown, her old dress design (to make it look more different from Peach's, as well as the darker skin color, but I'd keep her current face, current voice (don't have any problems with it, and sets her apart more from Peach!), and definetely the shorter hair, too.

If I had to ultimately choose between the standard current and classic design though? I'd go with the newer one. Because the old one really just is a brunette Peach. With the new one, she still looks like Peach, but with more differences than she does with her old design (especially if you take classic Peach into the mix, at that).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If I could choose her design, I'd choose a mix between the current AND old design. I'd keep her old pink crown, her old dress design (to make it look more different from Peach's, as well as the darker skin color, but I'd keep her current face, current voice (don't have any problems with it, and sets her apart more from Peach!), and definetely the shorter hair, too.

If I had to ultimately choose between the standard current and classic design though? I'd go with the newer one. Because the old one really just is a brunette Peach. With the new one, she still looks like Peach, but with more differences than she does with her old design (especially if you take classic Peach into the mix, at that).
You would think that taking most of the unique parts of both designs would be ideal wouldn't it? Different dress and tanned skin helps her stand out.

Eh, no big deal. Huh....I didn't know that I posted here a few months ago. You'd think I'd remember.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yeah, I think it would make sense, but it's really Nintendo's decision on how to design her! And I don't think her new design is going anywhere.

Aaaand yeah, when I posted here, I didn't exactly think of looking at the post dates. I just saw this topic in Really Shy Guy's signature!

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I've really grown accustomed to the current design of Daisy because to me, she differentiates herself from Peach with her loud, high energy, and competitive nature. But then again, what tomboy wears a long dress and affiliates herself with flowers...?

Riggy Rascal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-5630-4667
Uhh, geez. I have no experience in playing Mario Party 3 or Tennis and yet, that old design does look pretty neat.
Buuuut, I'll have to go with the current design. The shorter hairstyle is preferable, and I only really wish for the tan.

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
The current Daisy is better. Her character is more fleshed out as whole rather than being a different colored Peach.
As annoying as she can be at times (yes we get it, you're Daisy), having Deanna Mustard portray her gives a better sense of uniqueness rather than having having Jen Taylor basically make her be a slightly different Peach.

Her current look matches her personality as well, the short/big hair makes an impression and the fact that she's more likely to wear shorts than a shorter dress in other games puts her even further from being a carbon copy of Peach and makes it clear that she is sporty. Which is one of her other defining traits.

I'm actually not afraid to admit that I like Daisy more than Peach because of the differences created by the current version.

3DS FC
2423-3563-3963
I absolutely love the old one...............Also, did you notice you have 10 typos?

os (of)
flowers accessories (flower accessories)
Altought (although)
aways (always)
diferent (different)
don't (doesn't)
final (end)
them (they)
vootes (votes)
Daisy' (Daisy's)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I always thought Daisy should've kept the tan or have darker skin in general because I always though Sarasaland was supposed to be a Desert-y place

But Daisy Hills and Daisy's general Flower Motif have brought me to think, maybe It's Supposed to Mario World's version of The Netherlands?

Top Bottom