• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lucario might not be your cup of tea since he's so different now, but I wouldn't write him off as low tier so fast.
Damn, ninja'd lol

D

Deleted member

Denti, I find what you just said pretty stupid. I'm guessing you can never handle not playing one of the most annoying characters in a game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
The problem with community hack projects is the best character will just get nerfed instead of the community learning and coping with things. His next main will get it too.

Denti

Smash Master
I play this game just to annoy people.

:phone:

Edit: But naw, for real. I agree with Tesh. Lucario just fell apart in my eyes. I was easily the worst player in the room while we played 2.5.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Is Brawlizard still in there? I got away with so much flamethrower camping the one time i did project M.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
The problem with community hack projects is the best character will just get nerfed instead of the community learning and coping with things. His next main will get it too.
The reason Lucario was changed for 2.5 is not due to balance, its due to character design. Lucario's 2.1 style was not healthy. Its the same reason why Sonic is changing for 2.5 also.

I was easily the worst player in the room while we played 2.5.
And how many games did you actually play with him?
He's a different character now, I wouldn't expect you to be able to pick him and instantly do as well as you did before. I was the same when I picked the new Sonic. It takes time to adjust.
If you were to actually come to some of my smashfests, you'd be able to get to practice with him ;) Or just mess around with the other 2.5 characters to see who you might be more interested in.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Dat 2.5 ness
Basicly plays like my dream character
Hashtag boner
Sheik's claw feels so satisfying...

Too bad Link didn't turn out for me as I'd hoped. :( Oh wellsies, at least one Zelda character is top tier material. I'm interested to see how Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, and Olimar will play out in future updates as I may pick one of them up. Who knows. :)

D

Deleted member

TL is a viable character, sheik is annoying, metaknight will look, feel, and play like sh*t, diddy kong will be trippy as f*ck, and olimar will never exist.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Eh, Zelda characters are good. Some may not end up being Top tier like Shiek, but definitely high tier without a doubt.

Crew Battle mode is going to be really sick, I can't wait. It's looking great.

Meta Knight: He's going to more than likely play like a Spacie (This is me going off if he still plays like he did in the beta), but I can see him being combo oriented, and getting **** on because of other characters who can CG said spacies. REVENGE FROM BRAWL L0L

Olimar: Who freaking knows.

Diddy Kong: With the ability to tech bananas now, and being able to AGT, I wonder how he'll turn out.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Hey guys, don't forget that tomorrow is Disqo's smashfest. He told me to suggest everyone brings a snack for he whole group to make the feat even better!

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Did DK change much for 2.5?
Not to my knowledge. There are several basic physics changes though that universally effect everyone. The ones confirmed are SDI wall teching (You can SDI into a wall to tech it) and knock back stacking (moves one after another combine in knockback).

Denti

Smash Master
I wish I could host a tournament soon... but I won't be able to until after apex. This weekend I has super homework, next weekend is asc 4, next weekend I get my wisdom teeth removed, next week I go on a cruise with all my family instead of getting Christmas present, after that I go to Philadelphia with CT ZeRo and stay at Vex's until after apex.

D

Deleted member

Well if theres no revolution for a while then I'm not going to play brawl for a while. More P:M and Melee for me.

Denti

Smash Master
Yea sorry. Unless someone else holds the tournament I cannot.

edit: i'm playing wifi for the first time in over a month. WHAT AM I DOING?@! SOMEBODY STOP MEEE

edit: Anyone going to asc 4 in Houston this weekend? It's an apex qualifier. So if you plan to go to Apex you will really need any points that will help you get into bracket.

BigMilk

Smash Rookie
Whats up guys, I may be able to hosts smashfests at my place. I am in Garland area and dont know if guys would make that drive, or even if there are guys already in the area. Seems like most are closer to Fort Worth but let me know...

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I have big plans, but that is well after APEX, sorry Denti.

On a positive note, I am NOT going blind. Thank God!

EDIT: I might be able to do a Smashfest at my place in about a week. Let me check my calender so that I can iron out the details.

D

Deleted member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Brett is right. Also I use my HD TV as my computer screen, but its kind've far from my face so your text is soooo hard to read.

D

Deleted member

pokemon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dbz. suprisingly enough, I had just beaten pokemon stadium 1 last night. This means I had to face mewtwo, so... nice topic disscussion.

Top Bottom