• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Thanks bro i'm super starving.....

btw this is really annoying....how it won't show my signature everytime I post....there a special way I gotta do this? o.O

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Man, that almost sounded like your saying I'm not consistent when I look good with Captain Falcon...but my tone was sarcastic in the first place..

.again...your being too serious with that statement I previously said earlier.

Disqo Bunny we eating chicken tonight?
lol, you edited your post. You claimed to have beaten "FREE"matic and Trela with C. Falcon. I called BS on that, and I said even if it was true, it's not a consistent win with Falcon against those characters, meaning they will win most of the time; that and the fact that they are better players.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Play to win. But we shouldn't forget that the overall point of this game is to have fun. Whether that be in competition or regular everyday *** kickin. We 'play' the game. You can 'play' to win, you can 'play' for fun, you can do both. You can be serious, you can goof off. But when it starts becoming a pain, or unenjoyable, or even if somebody makes it unenjoyable for the others, we should all be trying to have fun.

Batou originally told me, if you're not having fun, why are you playing.
Everybody could learn from that.

.....the BuNNY has spoken.

:phone:
I understand that, I have fun playing this game, I guess in a different way than some of you guys. I like learning how to improve and seeing the rewards. I usually don't "goof off", even in friendlies because I want to learn to be the best player I can be. I have goals.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
lol, you edited your post. You claimed to have beaten "FREE"matic and Trela with C. Falcon. I called BS on that, and I said even if it was true, it's not a consistent win with Falcon against those characters, meaning they will win most of the time; that and the fact that they are better players.
I think it's just the pride of knowing that you got in that *** of a better player, with an underrated character BECAUSE you've worked hard enough to even put up a challenge.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Yeah I did edit my post and yeah i've beaten both. I didn't care about consistency when I beat them....and it shouldn't "stop" me from trying either with Captain Falcon.

You think I shouldn't even try because the odds aren't in my favor?

Hah! The odds certainly weren't in favor of my friend Chris when they said he was going to die from Lung Cancer....but what did he do? He did his rehabilitation and he stopped smoking slowly...and now 6 years later he's getting married to his high school sweetheart......now how about that for consistency.

You'll never know how it's like to prove people wrong if your not willing to try.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I understand that, I have fun playing this game, I guess in a different way than some of you guys. I like learning how to improve and seeing the rewards. I usually don't "goof off", even in friendlies because I want to learn to be the best player I can be. I have goals.
Oh no doubt dude no doubt. I'm not saying you're like, the spawn of Satan for improving and junk like that. Achieve you're goals by any means possible! What I AM saying though, is that don't forget to differentiate between playing to improve and playing for the sake of a good time. Everyone needs a good time, that's why our little group is strong, cuz we have fun. Don't be THAT GUY, who hinders others abilities to enjoy the game. Except if y'all bein like, dead serious. Then go ahead and upset the shiz outta em.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yeah I did edit my post and yeah i've beaten both. I didn't care about consistency when I beat them....and it shouldn't "stop" me from trying either with Captain Falcon.

You think I shouldn't even try because the odds aren't in my favor?

Hah! The odds certainly weren't in favor of my friend Chris when they said he was going to die from Lung Cancer....but what did he do? He did his rehabilitation and he stopped smoking slowly...and now 6 years later he's getting married to his high school sweetheart......now how about that for consistency.

You'll never know how it's like to prove people wrong if your not willing to try.
I didn't say you should stop trying if the odds were not in your favor; just that it's not consistent. You play for the pride of your character; I understand that. I was like that and that's fine. I have different goals now.

Also, on the lung cancer story, obviously he wanted to live and he had no choice but to use the tools he had to overcome the sickness. Obviously, if there was a way that increased his odds of survival (even up to his favor in surviving), I'm sure he would go that route.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I didn't say you should stop trying if the odds were not in your favor; just that it's not consistent. You play for the pride of your character; I understand that. I was like that and that's fine. I have different goals now.

Also, on the lung cancer story, obviously he wanted to live and he had no choice but to use the tools he had to overcome the sickness. Obviously, if there was a way that increased his odds of survival (even up to his favor in surviving), I'm sure he would go that route.
The doctors said there's no reason to try because statistically he wasn't going to live....it just tied in with the reasoning behind my little rant here.

It's not the pride of my character, it's the pride in myself.
Playing CF was a choice i made because I like playing him.

Don't worry I got you on that OMG so F'IN GOOD CAJUN PLATE. :)

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
The doctors said there's no reason to try because statistically he wasn't going to live....it just tied in with the reasoning behind my little rant here.

Don't worry I got you on that OMG so F'IN GOOD CAJUN PLATE. :)
My lord that thing was good... When's that tourney happening again? I want seconds....and fifths.

Roarschach

Smash Rookie
I'll argue that there isn't a right or wrong in this situation, it's about the Axiology (the philosophy of value).

Some people want to beat the best, some people want to be the best.

It is a subjective decision to chose either.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I'll argue that there isn't a right or wrong in this situation, it's about the Axiology (the philosophy of value).

You must be straight to ride this ride.

:094:

knuckles213

Smash Ace
damn, you guys need to save this conversation when until I'm around in person, doesn't matter what character you choose, Just ****ing win, your paying money to go to these competitions/wasting time (well spent). I got imput o this, but it wont come out right if I try to type it all.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace

Yeah...and we get into this sometimes but don't mind me ALSM i don't take any of this too seriously.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Oh no doubt dude no doubt. I'm not saying you're like, the spawn of Satan for improving and junk like that. Achieve you're goals by any means possible! What I AM saying though, is that don't forget to differentiate between playing to improve and playing for the sake of a good time. Everyone needs a good time, that's why our little group is strong, cuz we have fun. Don't be THAT GUY, who hinders others abilities to enjoy the game. Except if y'all bein like, dead serious. Then go ahead and upset the shiz outta em.

kk........

knuckles213

Smash Ace

****, I'm too greedy for this. I want to beat the best and be the best. Plus get get my name out there.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll actually be leaving around 8PM to come get ya'll (Disqo, Batou, Problemo), so be ready.

kk

Cheer up ol chap. Im not talkin about me at all. Just be wary of who you play and stuff like that ya know? Courteous and junk. You can gay me any day ;)

I mean that in the most denti-ish way possible.

is that even f*****g possible? LOL

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Ok open hands how would you guys feel if I push my tournament to next friday?

I have a wedding to drive to on the 21'st through sunday so I need the time off.

Top Bottom