• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
That picture makes me laugh pretty hard.

Even though I am anti MK ban, I'm pretty sure I could be talked into banning double MK in teams.
I can agree with that.

So as far as my brawl monthlies are concerned, I"ll secure a date after hobo next month.

For I don't know if I"ll be going to HOBO35.

We're going to Furry Fiesta later near the end of February but if I make enough money I could probably do both.

We go every year.

I"ll let you guys know the date.

It'll probably be sometime in the middle of february depending on the store's schedule.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
To anyone who's setup was at a recording station PLEASE upload your videos, or at least send any matches with my Peach on them to me. I'm particularly interested in my set against FK, my set against Denti, and grand finals.

Thank you very much.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Holy F problemo....You should live farther away =\...I'll be there if it isn't gonna be just bad doubles all night.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Holy F problemo....You should live farther away =\...I'll be there if it isn't gonna be just bad doubles all night.
I'll do some singles with you. Nothing lulzy.....

I have to work hard for DMT.

Oh and for those who don't know I stepped on a nail barefooted so I have to....I am begging you...to let me have the front seat.

I need it....because I will not suffer through so much pain in a 5 hour drive :(

Neon!

Smash Lord

Voila, the 4th (I think?) update to our lovely PR system. FK is the only one in Dallas active enough to be on our PR, next time we may change it to the DFW PR. Dark Falco also lives close enough to be given a spot. Brett is still inactive it seems and Chic has been as well. Austin, the Ness player could earn himself a spot here if he went to tourneys more often as well. I myself may have to be taken off this list soon since I'm taking 18 hours of school a week (plus 6 hours of labs) and STILL working. This PR is not necessarily a list of the BEST players in the immediate area but a sort of tier list displaying how well players from this area are expected to place in tournament given their skill and obviously their activity in tournaments.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Honorable mention after 3rd in that tourney (beating like half the PR, lol) and everyone there telling me I should be top5 in PR.

Makes sense.
Especially when 4th place hasn't been seen even in a fest since

edit: JK he showed up to Rev9.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Thanks for the spot:) Id like to start hosting monthly smashfests at my place if anybodys interested. I live in North Dallas, about 10 minutes from where Rev 9 was held.

Denti

Smash Master
The fort worth wizard ranking system, using the Texas PR

E tier - Magi Practicer

D tier - Enchanter

C tier - Conjurer

B tier - Mage

A tier - Wizard

S tier - Sage

Jiveturkey

Smash Cadet
Hey I am considering taking a second carpool to dmt if enough people are interested, and the wife is alright with it. She works that day so I don't see it being a problem, but people on here let me know if you would be down for that!! :D

Denti

Smash Master
*sigh* is it just going to start rotating out as players become active/inactive? :(
Wht counts as active is entering tournaments with a 5$ or more entry fee. Pretty much if the file is going to count towards the Texas PR then we count it, otherwise it's too difficult to get an idea of where people stand skill level wise.

And I really doubt that Neon will ever get taken off due to inactivity since he attends a few a tourneys even though he misses some and barley can make any smashfest. Life priorities > Brawl tourneys, it's understandable. We can tell where he stands still.

Honestly I would love to vote Brett up there because I believe he has the skill to be there, but he hasn't entered a Texas PR tournament in a long time.

I'm not saying that the Texas PR knows all, I just agree with how it qualifies what tournies will be counted.

:phone:

Neon!

Smash Lord
I was hoping that people would understand the idea of the PR being like a tier list.

As many have noticed recently the matchup chart 2.0 listed each character in order of their ratios. This list is much different from the tier list, the tier list is a way of examining how well characters will do in tournament based on their viability while the matchup chart in my opinon is a list of the best-worst characters in order.

The amount that a player is active can be hard to quanitify though when compared to another player. Lets say one player attends only 1 tourney for a period of 5 months but places 2nd in singles, would he be considered better than a player who attended 4 tournaments during that period and placed 4th at each one? It's hard to say and its not entirely my call which is why both denti and ALSM have helped me create this list.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I was hoping that people would understand the idea of the PR being like a tier list.

As many have noticed recently the matchup chart 2.0 listed each character in order of their ratios. This list is much different from the tier list, the tier list is a way of examining how well characters will do in tournament based on their viability while the matchup chart in my opinon is a list of the best-worst characters in order.

The amount that a player is active can be hard to quanitify though when compared to another player. Lets say one player attends only 1 tourney for a period of 5 months but places 2nd in singles, would he be considered better than a player who attended 4 tournaments during that period and placed 4th at each one? It's hard to say and its not entirely my call which is why both denti and ALSM have helped me create this list.
Ranking systems are always hard to do since part of it has to do with how you "feel" and the other half is actually fact based.

Top Bottom