• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dammit

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
My Copy of melee isnt working as much as it should!!!....omgz i dont know whats to do

Everytime there is a load screen it gets an error and i put the disc back in a couple times then it works, but this may be the last few times i play it T . T

I hope you can find an unscratched/only-slightly-scratched copy of Melee in a used game section....

MaNg0

Smash Hero
or u can do the lucky trick

put peanut butter on the disc

then clean it after

its a 50 50 it worked for us

once

u got this

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
or u can do the lucky trick

put peanut butter on the disc

then clean it after

its a 50 50 it worked for us

once

u got this
lmao
that sounds like a terrible idea

i just use toothpaste, always works

Fletch

Smash Master
Toothpaste will work usually, I don't know where Mango got the peanut butter idea...

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
i also don't seem to have any trouble finding a new copy... it's usually just about the only game that still appears new for the gamecube. but if you do get another copy, you should try mango's peanut butter trick on the old copy

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Are you sure your disc was scratched recently (I doubt you would know.)

Are you sure your GC or Wii lens is clean?

and lol.. at toothpaste, does that really work on scratched discs? seriously!!??
:dizzy:

Fletch

Smash Master
Are you sure your disc was scratched recently (I doubt you would know.)

Are you sure your GC or Wii lens is clean?

and lol.. at toothpaste, does that really work on scratched discs? seriously!!??
:dizzy:
Absolutely, I've used it on Guitar Hero customs a lot, works perfectly (I was surprised too). Sometimes you have to re-apply it, but it definitely works.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yeah, that happens with me too. As it turns out it has something to do with wii tecnology, because it works 100% of the time on my gamecube

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Before you get a new disc, if you're using a gamecube and its giving you a disc read error, try another disc. My gamecube stopped reading discs and slowly got worse. I opened it up and fixed it, twice, then I just couldn't get it to work anymore. You have to tweak the disc reader... or just get another cube/wii.

If its the Wii then I have no idea. Just throwing out what happened to me.

DRD

Smash Lord
How does disc cleaner work? I thought scratching the disk took off information from the disk or something, and you can' clean data back onto a disc

No?

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
I've never really been clear on the mechanics, though the toothpaste thing has apparently worked for alot of people. i would suggest having a backup copy of melee handy, though.. really never a bad idea.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you shouldn't get gel based toothpaste though, get like normal toothpaste made with baking soda

MaNg0

Smash Hero
im telling u guys

the peanut butter works

and if it didnt u still got 2 lick

the peanut butter off ne way

DO NO USE CRUNCHY KIND

its a mistake im very ashamed of lol

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
If you have glasses, you can probably use whatever glasses cleaning products you have lying around, that's what I usually use to clean discs/my ds screen.

Unless you clean your glasses by breathing on them and using your shirt....

You could also take it to gamecrazy or some other place that buffs discs.

Or you could just buy another copy and be that much more awesome.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
melee anywhere shouldnt cost more then 20$ so you can probably get a new disc...i saw melee for 5$ at some places -_-;
before brawl came out, melee was 40$ USED

now its like, 30$ at your local gamestops... USED

unless you go to a flea market or somewhere, then its like 20$

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Dude I'm gonna give my copy of melee to my kids, and they will give it to theirs. And so on until it's on the antique road show 2152 AD.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
The Truth:

Toothpaste works. For cleaning the LENS on the GCN though, use the glasses cleaning kit stuff that Slarty mentioned. Use a Q-tip.

I have never heard of this peanut butter trick...

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
The Truth:

Toothpaste works. For cleaning the LENS on the GCN though, use the glasses cleaning kit stuff that Slarty mentioned. Use a Q-tip.

I have never heard of this peanut butter trick...
I always put toothpaste on the game itself, never the lense

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Yes. The fluoride in the toothpaste fills in the cracks on discs...But it won't help you cleaning a lens. Doing that would kill your lens by a great amount and it would be a nightmare cleaning it.

Lens are cheap and crappy and are probably the most least expensive part of any game console. Never touch it!

Just a tiny smudge on it will screw the thing up by a great amount. Treat your games with care and they will provide you with great entertainment back at ya.

Top Bottom