• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dance Dance Revolution discussion/accomplishments.

SimDaddyGT

Smash Rookie
I'm not too sure on how that NNR thing works, so I didn't get an account.

And y'all are quite lucky. I can't do MAX 300 to save my life yet. I feel like I still don't have enough stamina to complete it, and that's making me feel kinda dumb. I can do Sakura, I can do DROP OUT, but I can't do any MAX songs.

smashattack

Smash Journeyman
78 Greats is the cutoff for Max 300, so I would say that 99 Greats and 3 Goods is rather close. Twenty Greats may seem like a lot, but in a song with 555 steps, it might not be too hard to drop the Great Attack.

I don't have the energy to ***** out the song, heh heh. After playing it once, I'm usually about to collapse. But you're right--although I am "close" (or at least "closer") to AA'ing it, I still do have a few months before I'll get it, I'm sure.

My NNR account is, well, "smashattack". :D

SimDaddy, NNR is really easy. All you do is sign up, hit "Submit Score", and enter your Perfects, Greats, etc. accordingly. It automatically knows when it's a C, or an A, or a AA, etc. As far as Max 300... just keep working on it. I played it a lot on controller before I was actually able to pass it. Playing on a PS2 controller can help you learn the pattern really well, and if you know the pattern, it may help your stamina (not as much flailing around).

SimDaddyGT

Smash Rookie
Well, the entire step chart is already in my brain now, cuz I played the song a lot with the controller. I did it on both the US MAX and the import to EXTREME. I know the steps, but now it's just a matter of getting them done with my feet.

Emacee

Smash Ace
Originally posted by smashattack
My NNR account is, well, "smashattack". :D
I added you to my nnr friends list and dropped you a challenge. After looking at your scores I think it's within your skill area.

smashattack

Smash Journeyman
Added you as well, but I haven't thought up a decent challenge yet.

The challenge you gave me is very much in my skill level--shouldn't take too long to get them, but they'll still be tough.

SakuraPichu

Smash Ace
i finally got the game and wo cha! i 'm back to the way i was before and better. i got DDR MAX. it's seems to be my work out that i can actually keep up with too.

Emacee

Smash Ace
Just be sure to balance out home play and arcade play since the timing windows for Perfects/Marvelouses is much larger on Home version and you wouldn't want to mess up your arcade timing.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
Actually dis-regarding the bump I'd like to say that I have once beaten max offa 7th mix. It was special conditions though, I'd had ramifications to my body in the form of:
1. A lot of peach shnops (sp)
2. I can't remember, but at least three or four shots of southern comfort
3. Some cocktail
4. About 6 ounces of everclear mixed with a lotta cherry coke
5. A few other drinks I can't remember

Anyway I remember vague parts. I remember my feet movin' real fast, so I tried max. Now I'm a decent player, I'm more into freestyle than technical though. But I have my accomplishments, also I was drunk as a skunk smokin' punk sos I jus tried it.

I then sorta blacked out a little, but about on hour later I woke up still wet from sweating, and apparently max had been cleared.

I'm not sure if a wandering DDR guy had come in and beat it while I was passed out and then left before I awoke, but I know that my crew (SWB, represent) had all passed out before me and I probably did it. I have confidence, but when I'm sober I'm usually just a bit too far under max too beat it.

So I figured at the time I have two drunken skills:
1. Can speak fluent Japanese (long story)
2. Can maybe? beat max on 7th mix

But I think for the second one I have to drink a whole lot all day and do it right before I pass out. Like magic! Yaha.

The_Krumber

Smash Journeyman
bumpity bumpzors

anyway... Al you ppl who play ddr alot..... GO GET IN THE GROOVE!!!!

In the groove is 10x better than ddr. If you actually disect step patterns in ddr... You'll see that there isn't a big variety in steps. Itg's step artists have taken ddr... and increased the skill level, song selection size, and variety of steps dramatically.

THERE ARE 13 FOOTERS!!!

you hit 4 arrows at a time in some occasions, and there are little "mines" that drop your bar when you hit them... And a new timing window: FANTASTICC( its tighter than ddr's perfect window)

OmegaWeapon

Smash Apprentice
ITG is awesome most definently, even though i've only played it once and this was a while ago. But i'm still waiting for DDR Extreme 2. That is one promising songlist. Wonder what else will be on it.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
All i need to make an A on is PS:M and then that would mean i have made an A on all songs! YAHOO!

Then ill move on to ITG which is mega hard/fun.

By the way.....fav DDR song=Keep On Movin'
By the way.....fav ITG song=July

Psychoprog

Smash Cadet
^I'd suggest going straight to ITG instead. Three of my friends spent their entire summer playing ITG, and neither have any problem AAing PSMO anymore. One of 'em managed something like 32 greats, full combo without having played it in almost a year. Unfortunately I didn't have the same opportunity this summer so I'm still struggling to AA unlimited, PSM and PSMO and ;alskdjf.

Time to play catch-up. P

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I picked up DDR in late June, and now I'm single A-ing a bunch of stuff. I can't AA very many standard songs, and almost no heavy, and my only AAA is on a Light song, but it's fun none the less. My mat kinda sucks, it's very near death, but I can pass Sakura on Heavy in Training Mode with the speed kicked down to 4 (in Extreme 2).

I AA'd Afronova on standard the first time I played it, and I A'd Paranoia ETERNAL Standard the first time I played it (first time playing any Paranoia, in fact). Those are my biggest accomplishments, along with getting two straight B's on Legend of Max Standard.

My biggest frustration is that I don't have the stamina to finish Can't Stop Fallin' In Love (Speed Mix) on Heavy because I don't have the stamina. I always crap out a little after the key change. I have no doubts that I could finish that song with an A or a B if I could just finish it. **** it.

Mario27

Smash Lord
I really want to know if there's a site that sells DDR cabinets. I can guess they'll definitely be a good $5000 or so, but I can't seem to find any sites that sell them. Does anyone know where a good site might be? Sorry I made a topic about this. I thought if I posted it in here, it would be ignored.

courage

Smash Apprentice
Im a big DDR fanatic I can pass all the songs on heavy In the 8th mix except PSMO (Paranoia Surviver Max Oni) I have about 50 AA's And Three AAA's on sexy planet, air, and keep on moving. DDR is one of the biggest games here along with MVC2 and soul calibur but no one plays smash besides a few friends. so sad :(

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
papayasown said:
Yeah I have like 10 songs left in Extreme to AAA still so I'm pretty bored with 8rd mix.
Lol, I don't blame you man. I'm guessing you play with Kevin.

I've been playing alot of ITG lately.

courage

Smash Apprentice
Way better them me but then again everyone I know has been playing DDR since it came out and Ive only been playing for one year but my time will come when i can finally pass PSMO.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Ok I'm not all that great at DDR but I figured I'd ask this question here: Is DDR Extreme 2 any good, or does it suck like Extreme does? I only like 1 or 2 songs on Extreme, and if Extreme 2 is like that then I'm not going to bother.

courage

Smash Apprentice
On councel it is Extreme 2 but arcade I think its Japan extreme (8th mix) but many would dissagree and say its 4th mix plus.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Hmm, I guess my best accomplishment on DDR would be passing Paranoia survivor with a B on heavy mode, home version. I haven't played DDR in awhile, but I'd like to get into it again.

chrisbo

Smash Cadet
Best console version = Japanese Extreme
Best arcade version = Extreme

They both have the most and the best songs. Of course Extreme is everywhere now, so it gets a little boring and we all get nostalgic for the older mixes and songs. But still, Extreme is amazing.

vZakat

Half Genie
I've AA'ed about 20 songs, but still no AAAs. :(
ITG is much harder than DDR, I played it for the first time yesterday.

Top Bottom