• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DANTEBAYO v0.5 and Smashalot V1.5 with Riceburner and Felix 1/27/07

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Not sure exactly what to call this tournament...........

Anyways....

This will be held THIS SATURDAY January 27th.

On Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.

Smash singles and doubles

These games were listed on the original thread, but we will only hold a tournament for them if there is at least 8 people.
GULITY GEAR (Ahh... come on RB I really wanted to play this)
NARUTO BASED ON THE AUSTIN CREW AND RNJ
GUITAR HERO
GEARS OF WAR
STREET FIGHTER 3 strike back

Price
All tournaments will be $10.

Schedule
Gamelot opens at 10 am. You can come at that time and setup for free play if you wish.
Smash single pools (or regular double elim) will start at 1:30.
And it looks like we'll just be winging it from here on out.

Note: If Riceburner (or anyone for that matter)has any suggestions for a name... i'm open.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I like the name, lol.

Very creative.

OMG GH2 TOURNEY!!!
Ima win dat sum a money.

lolz...lately I suck at smash...so I might not even enter. heh

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
W00t! no more mass confusion. I'm looking forward to this, and everyone better still go. There is resting to be done. :) :039:

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Its not an entrance fee. That is the tournament fee. The amount you need to pay before you can play. There would be no way to enforce an entrance fee to this place anyway...

jotun

Smash Ace
There would be no way to enforce an entrance fee to this place anyway...
Why not? Pay $X to get on a list. Can't sign up for a tournament if you're not on the list. Easy.

Not that I think you should do it.. I'd rather there was none. Just saying that's how you could do it

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yay, wombat bestows true enlightenment.

Also...if we get enough people, will we do a Guilty Gear tourney at this, or will we not have enough room. I ask because a friend of mine might not come if there isnt GG.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
When is the earliest we can arrive at the place? I want some freeplay before everything gets underway.

Jake13

Smash Lord
I agree with JF, mos def want free play.

Also, does this place sell refreshments or are there any resturants withing the general vacinity?

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
If we can get at least 8 people, there can be a GG tourny. Other than that, I'll be sure to bring my ps2 so we can at least get some casuals in.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Not sure exactly what to call this tournament...........

Anyways....

On Bandera and Huebner on the corner with the Church's Chicken.

Smash singles and doubles

These games were listed on the original thread, but i'm not totally sure about there inclusion anymore.
GULITY GEAR (Ahh... come on RB I really wanted to play this)
NARUTO BASED ON THE AUSTIN CREW AND RNJ
GUITAR HERO
GEARS OF WAR
STREET FIGHTER 3 strike back

Price
All tournaments will be $10.

Schedule
Smash single pools (or regular double elim) will start at 1:30.
And it looks like we'll just be winging it from here on out.

Note: If Riceburner (or anyone for that matter)has any suggestions for a name... i'm open.
will this be for this sat?

AThirdParty

Smash Apprentice
don't flake out you pansies
lol

Why is there still confusion? This is set in stone now correct?

As long as there isn't massive flakeing, me, Sethlon (he plays GG for u GG guys), G@BE, Jake13, and Mouf will still be showing as I said in the other thread (omg, people confirming that they're still going, what does he think he's doing? *no offense to anyone*). Because I seriously doubt I will be able to make the new date for the JM tourney (sry JM).

And I'm really not trying to be ignorant, but I still don't know what could possibly be so hard about a mere change of venue that is mere miles from the first venue. We still have TVs being provided by smashers, people still have their day cleared, we now don't have to pay entry fee, etc. Rarely is the smash community massively prepared anyway...

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
Cool.
Any idea if Pozerwolf is gonna come to this one, Shiro?
More than likely Pozerwolf won't be coming to this one. He went to a tourny in Austin last weekend (which I was hoping to go to but was unable to) and it's difficult for him to get 2 weekends off in a row. I think another person in Alice is still coming though. I have to make sure that he gets the new info

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
I updated the main post with a date(THIS SATURDAY), the time it opens (10am)

They sell refreshments and snacks, if you would like to see some pictures of the place go to the website here. Its a big venue that has enough outlets to have 30 TVs and gamecubes running at the SAMETIME (with no need for extension cords or powerstrips). So i'm not worried about size. Its located on a major road/highway in that area of San Antonio, so you can get pretty much whatever you desire, cheap or expensive. Including Chinesefood, fastfood, mexican food (i know of a really good one about 10-15min away) and a hookah bar which sells some good and well priced indian food (or you can just smoke if you are so inclined.)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
well right now i have a rumor going that rice wont be able to make it nor help host this
im not sure if this rumor is true or not but felix if worse comes to worse youll end up hostin this by yourself =/

i would love to go but i cant
my reasons im not sayin cause its personal

so yea.....i just wanted to give felix a heads up on this

dcx1287

Smash Lord
from austin me, jotun, xelic, flt are going

i also heard a number of houston players are coming, and i'm assuming mr c, fear will be there. plus, crystal city is coming. that's plenty already.

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
Hey guys.

I'm not sure how many people on here are from SA, but I just can't simply make this tourny. My friend was murdered just a day or two ago...and I can't bare it. I can't hold it in any longer. Felix, I hope that you'll be able to host it again, sorry for dumping this on you randomly. But between this and the funeral, I have to choose what's more important. Thanks for understanding guys. I really appreciate it.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, Wes told me he wasn't going either. I wanna go!

And Jon, you never should've taken this burden on yourself after what happened to your friend. I told you that online last night. You have my condolences, my friend. I hope to see you... sometime soon, since apparently I'm not allowed to come to the tourney on the 10th.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
I'm really sorry Rice. That is really hard, and my prayers are with you.

And there will be many people there who know how to run tournaments, so everything will be fine. And Felix, even though you're hosting, can it be normal tournament rules? Stage strikes, etc...and can the time limit be 8 minutes instead of 6? Last week I lost a match because of running out of time. :(

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I see. And yea, 6 minutes is low. Felix, Wes, and I will make sure there is a good ruleset and that everything runs smoothly.

tsetse

Smash Lord
Man you guys always steal away the top ranked players from the valley tourneys. You guys get to have CC and FLT. And we are stuck with some top 4 guy from mexico who claims he beats all of CC and FLT. Oh Well. I know Rob$ can beat this guy.

Top Bottom