• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Pit as Pit's transformation

Yes or No?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • No.

Votes: 48 87.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I've had a concept that Dark Pit could be in the game without him wasting a slot for other characters, by making him a part of Pit. Basically after Pit uses his final smash, he goes into Pandora's Mirror, and Dark Pit comes out to fight. Do you guys agree to the idea?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sorry, but I strongly prefer if Dark Pit is NOT in the game, unless as one of Pit's alt costumes or an assist trophy.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dark Pit should remain Pit's palette swap, and Pit doesn't really need a transformation.

The only "dark" character worth being considered as a playable character is Dark Samus.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Hey BluePikmin11 =)

I would like Darkpit too, because he is an indipendente character. True fans would like Pit and Darkpit together ( BIG Zelda fans are joining to have Toon-Link and Link )

Its a nice idea, but like I said... Darkpit is an indipendente character I think. ^^ So I disagree a transformation. But I'm happy about your commitment for Darkpit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Bad idea. Dark Pit could be either a color swap for Pit (especially if it gave him Dark Pit's deeper voice) or as a newcomer character with a different weapon from Uprising (Dark Pit Staff for example).

D

Deleted member

I disagree. I think he should be left as a palette swap like he was in Brawl.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Why do you want to have dark Pit just as a palette swap like in brawl?

I think its unfair for Kid Icarus fans that dark Pit would be just a swap palette. And Zelda fans are allowed to have two Links. =I In SSB4 darkpit and pit in a fight would be more interesting than link and toon-Link, because darkpit could have other weapons as Pit.The same right for all is equitable.

I think somebody would like have Palutena because she is a goddes and maybe OP. But I think Palutena isn't a fight character, she is an '' general '' I think. In Kid Icarus Uprising, she commissioned Pit. Okay she is more important than other Kid Icarus characters, but I don't want a second Zelda in SSB4. I mean Palutena would have a similiar moveset like Zelda. ^^ Sakurai have to be a very creative for creating a suitable and a good moveset Palutena. In that case I think its okay.

But the best solution is to create Palutena AND dark Pit. ^^ Nobody would be missing.

D

Deleted member

Why do you want to have dark Pit just as a palette swap like in brawl?

I think its unfair for Kid Icarus fans that dark Pit would be just a swap palette. And Zelda fans are allowed to have two Links. =I In SSB4 darkpit and pit in a fight would be more interesting than link and toon-Link, because darkpit could have other weapons as Pit.The same right for all is equitable.

I think somebody would like have Palutena because she is a goddes and maybe OP. But I think Palutena isn't a fight character, she is an '' general '' I think. In Kid Icarus Uprising, she commissioned Pit. Okay she is more important than other Kid Icarus characters, but I don't want a second Zelda in SSB4. I mean Palutena would have a similiar moveset like Zelda. ^^ Sakurai have to be a very creative for creating a suitable and a good moveset Palutena. In that case I think its okay.

But the best solution is to create Palutena AND dark Pit. ^^ Nobody would be missing.
It would make more sense to me.

While I could see some potential in Dark Pit for using other weapons, I don't think it's worth it.

People like to have Palutena because she is a fun character. Not only that, but your battle against her can be used as a base to make her fight. She wouldn't be like Zelda since she uses her staff.

To be honest, having Dark Pit in the roster would honestly irk a lot of people and he would be used as a scapegoat for characters who didn't make it in. If we don't get deserving characters, like Little Mac or King K. Rool, and we got Dark Pit, then a lot of people would be ticked off that he is on the roster but not them. I think that if we get a character from Kid Icarus: Uprising, we would get Hades or even Medusa (the very first villain in the series).

link2702

Smash Champion
no

Dark pit deserves nothing more than just being a palette swap of pit. Maybe give him Dark pits voice and attitude when you select that costume for pit, but other than that, no, dark pit as anything else would be a waste of a character slot/final smash/whatever.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Mh but somebody didn't give Snake a chance. And now, the most gamer like him. ^^

But if dark pit would be an waste of an character slot, is Toon-Link already a waste of a character slot. =I

I don't think that dark pit would be an scapegoat. Toon-Link isn't that too. ^^

In my opinion, not all gamers would think, Little Mac or King K. Rool deserve more to be a playable character than dark pit. ^^

If a character like little mac would be playable, a lot of gamers would play him some months. After that, he would be boring, because he can just boxes and maybe kicking. Sonic can that already and he is faster / agile. ^^ =I

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Since the Male Wii Fit Trainer is likely an alternate costume for the other Trainer, I think it's probably a safe bet Pitto will be one of Pit's. And since they share the same voice actor, Pittoo probably would have different sound clips.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Darkpitti... =(

Does it mean Zelda is preferentially again with two Links? -.- =/

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I think a colour of Dark Pit could work, and maybe a few altered moves so he could feel like he is in. I got the same idea for Dr.Mario, instead of fireballs he throw Pills. So I think it would be interessting for Pit to have such convertion for Dark Pit.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
A color swap and voiceclip swap's enough for Dark Pit, he really has nothing to differentiate him from Pit moveset-wise. And Zelda got two Links because those two Links represent the two most important Zelda 'styles'.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I don´t get people that want every "Dark" or "Shadow" variant of an already existing character, a waste in my opinion, I am a GREAT KIU fan and I agree Dark Pit deserves only a pallete swap, apart from personality he is just Pit in dark, he is not even a iconic character to KIU like Palutena or Medusa, people need to understand the game needs variety what's better having 2 characters that look exactly the same bar color and voice or have to characters which would play very different like Pit and Palutena? The Link and Toon Link argument is pretty bad too, the look and play different and Toon Link has appeared in a lot of games, everything is about diversity if a character from Kid Icarus will be playable it should be Palutena or Medusa, Magnus is more likely than Pallete swap aka Dark Pit, for the record I really like Dark Pit but this is smash so pallete swap is enough

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Could be a Palette swap that has a different voice, kinda like how the Wii Fit Trainer has a male and female voice.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Dark Pit should at least be an alternate color scheme with some of his own dialogue or something. Also, if by chance this game were to have secret dialogue, I'd be OK with him having some lines.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I VOTE FOR DARK PIT BEING AN ALTERNATE COSTUME FOR PIT (period)

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I vote for Dark Pit being a separate character, but not like this. He's my Wolf/Lucasesque semi clone of choice.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
without him wasting a slot for other characters,
The game's roster isn't based on a predetermined number of character slots. It's based on time and resources. Adding dark pit, whether he's on the character select screen or not, takes the same amount of time as adding another character or clone. In other words he's better off as a special costume with a unique voice, like Male Wii Fit Trainer (who I presume will have a masculine voice instead)

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
I only see Dark Pit appearing as an alternate costume, so it's a small upgrade from the palette swap in Brawl.

Krmog

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3007-8544-5496
Pallette swap since that's sort of where he was first derived from right? Him as an assist trophy wouldn't be bad either with his staff or he could use daybreak instead.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
And why not? ^^ Dark Pit has so much potential. =I
Depends on Sakurai. I would prefer a costume. But Sakurai could do other things with him.

Personally, I don't feel like Pitto should be in before other major characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom