• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I really would like Dark Samus in, she'd be awesome

Dark Samus for Brawl
wow, a lot of supporters :)

haha...ok, that'd work. as of right now, i'd say it looks alright. we definitely need to flesh out the arguments section a little, but i'm tired and don't feel like doing it right now.

also, we should add that bit about Dark Samus not being one of Samus's costumes at E for All. that's a pretty strong "in favor" argument.
those would help the cause, but yeah, lets worry about em later today

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
As the ridley thread has once again been closed down i must find a new character(of the Metroid series)to support..
Anyone for Dark Samus For Brawl?
you've come to the right place! if you want to be a Mercenary of the Dark Hunter, let us know and we'll get you added to the member list.

besides, there are no better Metroid characters to support than Ridley and Dark Samus.

heh...or maybe U-Mos. :laugh:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As the ridley thread has once again been closed down i must find a new character(of the Metroid series)to support..
Anyone for Dark Samus For Brawl?
Sure, DarkSpidey13 actually predicted R.I.D.L.E.Y. members would come to this thread,
there's me,Shuma and you! Do you want to be put down as a member?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
you've come to the right place! if you want to be a Mercenary of the Dark Hunter, let us know and we'll get you added to the member list.

besides, there are no better Metroid characters to support than Ridley and Dark Samus.

heh...or maybe U-Mos. :laugh:
Yes i would accept your offer to join the Mercenary of the Dark Hunter.
Dark Samus for Brawl!!!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yay, RIDLEYS in the Dark Samus club.

Edit:

Or Ex-Ridleys, i'm no longer in the club so i'm an Ex-Ridley.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yay, RIDLEYS in the Dark Samus club.

Edit:

Or Ex-Ridleys, i'm no longer in the club so i'm an Ex-Ridley.
I'm actually an ex-RIDLEY member as well, just the thread was closed b4 i was announced...
OH WELL :chuckle:
Dark Samus and Ridley for Brawl!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, Gypsy banned me from the RIDLEY forum, still bassicaly i left the forum before he got the pleasure of kicking me out.

Aniway, sugestions for Dark Samus Recolors.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
alright, well let's get down to business. what would Dark Samus's 3 taunts be?

one of them has to be that cool move where she tosses her head back and has that deep mechanical laugh.

maybe another could be her clenching a glowing phazon fist like the pic in my sig.

and the third?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, Gypsy banned me from the RIDLEY forum, still bassicaly i left the forum before he got the pleasure of kicking me out.

Aniway, sugestions for Dark Samus Recolors.
already suggested red,purple and details.
alright, well let's get down to business. what would Dark Samus's 3 taunts be?

one of them has to be that cool move where she tosses her head back and has that deep mechanical laugh.

maybe another could be her clenching a glowing phazon fist like the pic in my sig.

and the third?
1 should be him blowing up as phazon particles, and re-forming while laughing,
think mewtwo or gannondorf, minus the spinning :cool:

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
speaking of phazon particles, that would be the perfect on-screen appearance for Dark Samus. i imagine it being just like the 100% ending of Echoes.

or...Dark Samus could explode out of a container of phazon like the beginning of Corruption. personally, i like the first idea way better.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The particles would look better. A container of Phazon in the middle of Smashville? Unlikely. (Yes, Dark Samus itself being there is unlikely, but you get the point)

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
The particles would look better. A container of Phazon in the middle of Smashville? Unlikely. (Yes, Dark Samus itself being there is unlikely, but you get the point)
...and that's bad news for the Tom Nook fanboys; i imagine he would have stood a better chance at being playable if he were phazon-enhanced. :laugh:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
speaking of phazon particles, that would be the perfect on-screen appearance for Dark Samus. i imagine it being just like the 100% ending of Echoes.

or...Dark Samus could explode out of a container of phazon like the beginning of Corruption. personally, i like the first idea way better.
as an alternative, i still like the particle one better,
he could fly in like he did to attack the hunters.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
...and that's bad news for the Tom Nook fanboys; i imagine he would have stood a better chance at being playable if he were phazon-enhanced. :laugh:
He could spit some sort of Phazon-venom?

Speaking of which, a little OT, but did anyone else notice that any type of venom spitter in MP3 (that I've seen so far anyway, trying to destroy
the second levi
) spat Phazon? Was there any actual acid/poison spitters?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Speaking of which, a little OT, but did anyone else notice that any type of venom spitter in MP3 (that I've seen so far anyway, trying to destroy
the second levi
*SPOILERS

i think you mean that hatcher,not metroid hatcher, in the bryyo gel/golem room,
he shot its babies, not acid, and you had to shoot his mouth, when it released
its babies, like 100 freakin times, or the similar metroid hatcher,
which was a metroid with tentacles, and could spawn metroids.

*did u mean that/those? They could spit phazon/etc.

whoa, are actually a supporter of Dark Samus??

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

the second levi
my biggest complaint with the game (other than the fact that it is WAY too linear) is that there isn't very much variety in the enemies; they are practically ALL phazon-based, which is kind of a bummer if you ask me. especially the metroids...show some love to the old-school!

but other than that, it really is a great game.

also, i just added some meat to the argument section. Wu should add the revisions to the front when he gets back.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
my biggest complaint with the game (other than the fact that it is WAY too linear) is that there isn't very much variety in the enemies; they are practically ALL phazon-based, which is kind of a bummer if you ask me. especially the metroids...show some love to the old-school!

but other than that, it really is a great game.

also, i just added some meat to the argument section. Wu should add the revisions to the front when he gets back.
I felt phazon gave you too much power, i'd often not use it, so it would be even hareder...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's been my only complaint so far, not to mention some enemies are just rediculous. I mean, just a pile of phazon goo as an enemy? sigh...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
i like the moveset, Darkpaladin. especially the grab. suits the character perfectly, i think.

and as far as alternate costumes, i think she should have a black recolor to make her look similar to her Prime 3 concept art:

****, like Dark Samus on steroids right there!
I'll try to clean up the wiki page a bit, and thanks to everyone for helpind!
Dark Samus for Brawl
Personally, I would have loved to see that as the Final Version of Dark Samus even though it looks far to male, but the design looks so **** cool. Also the other concept art, from the Dark Samus we know, going to this (cold and evil form), going all the way to the skeletal Dark Samus that had a SKULL for a head, which is your favorite version? And which, if any, would you like to see as an alt costume for the normal Dark Samus?

You know my pick, whats yous?.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Those updates look pretty good, and I like the status: you put there..
I think its worth mentionin that there are hardly any protagonists in the 2 villains argument

Shuma

Smash Hero
I still say DS is a male, sure he is an "it" since he is a metroid, i jsut prefer to say it's a he.

Also, my favorite version has too be either the MP3 concept, or Prime's 2 DS, it looked more alien, and way more creepy. MP3 is just... well evil blue samus.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
my favorite form is definitely its overloaded skeletal form at the end of Echoes. that was the epitome of badassness.

Shuma

Smash Hero

Dark Samus Recolors, Photoshop and every single Image hosting site i know, refused to upload the the image with all of them, so i uploaded the six of them separated.

Edit:

Come to think about it, MP3's look is my favorite, oh yeah.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
my favorite form is definitely its overloaded skeletal form at the end of Echoes. that was the epitome of badassness.
I wasn't able to play Echoes :( Only Prime 1 and 3. However, I don't think her up B shouldn't be like fox's, instead, I think it should make use of her Spectral Form in PM3 when she "collects" the corrupted hunters. Maybe even being like Meta-Knight's Shuttle Loop, as its sends you into the air, then you can glide with the Spectral Form.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Echos is the worst Metroid Game in my opinion, you're not missing a lot, it was boring as hell, the fun parts where the fights against the Emperor Ing and Dark Samus, that's it.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Echos is the worst Metroid Game in my opinion, you're not missing a lot, it was boring as hell, the fun parts where the fights against the Emperor Ing and Dark Samus, that's it.
wow, i disagree. i'd say it's about tied with Prime 3. both games, IMO, have their downsides, but overall i think they are both great games.

the problem with Prime 2 was the weird ammo system. a lot of people also complained about too much backtracking, which i personally didn't mind. that ironically ended up resulting in not enough backtracking in Prime 3. also, i preferred the level of difficulty that Prime 2 had, which was another bizarre thing that people complained about.

neither game can live up to the perfectly balanced awesomeness that is Prime 1, though. IMO, that is the best metroid game ever, even edging out Super Metroid. a lot of people will put Super Metroid in front, but at least we can all agree that both games are at the top of the list

but even if we can't agree on anything else about Echoes, we can agree that Dark Samus was insanely cool in that game, right?

Shuma

Smash Hero
No, echoes was crap, Backtracking is good... when it's fun, Echoes quickly becomes a boring and tedious game, i just finished it because i whanted to see the last boss, also it doesn't feel like Metroid, Plasma and assorted beams? no, instead you get a crappy *** ammo sistem and two horrible new Weapons.

The boss fights where kewl, but the game itself was waaaaay too long, even for a metroid tittle.

And no, Metroid Prime isn't better than Super Metroid, period, it might be the second best, but Super Metroid IS the best 2d sidescrolling adventure to date, and having that tittle since 13 years is no small feat. Besides, Super Metroid is way more fun and it's harder than Prime, Prime on the other hand is one of the easiest games i have ever played.

Yes, Dark Samus is insanely kewl though.

Still, i find the lack of comments about the recolors i did, disturbing.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Dark samus would be a great add for the Roster. I definitely liked her in the MP3! Pure awesomeness! She would make a great character in brawl indeed!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Don't argue which was the worst metroid game.................Cause thet're all awesome!! Seriously, would you have not got echoes if you knew it sucked?? All metroid games have their flaws.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
what if DS's final smash would be reverting back to its metriod prime form?(the one that had the element switching powers) I think that would acualy be a devistation move. plus, you could have a very interesting way of attacking, such as the homeing energy balls and the ability to change their elements/effects.

Dark Samus Recolors, Photoshop and every single Image hosting site i know, refused to upload the the image with all of them, so i uploaded the six of them separated.
Now those are just plain sexy.

I enjoyed it. It was pleasantly challenging.

what if DS's final smash would be reverting back to its metriod prime form?(the one that had the element switching powers) I think that would acualy be a devistation move. plus, you could have a very interesting way of attacking, such as the homeing energy balls and the ability to change their elements/effects.
Hmm, interesting. Not the way I would've gone personally (I think there are too many transformation Final Smashes already) but it's certainly viable. Though I might add that I don't think she has that ability in Metroid, to transform at will.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
i think the general similiar look is enough to make her clone whether move set is the same or not we dont need chars that look the same. I personally want Geno but if u want a char from the metriod series the go with ridley completely different char and different look ;-)!!!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't think Dark Samus has much of a chance, seeing as how the Metroid Prime series has seen such little representation in Brawl so far (outside the black Phazon costume). Whatchu think? She/it's awesome though.

i think the general similiar look is enough to make her clone whether move set is the same or not we dont need chars that look the same. I personally want Geno but if u want a char from the metriod series the go with ridley completely different char and different look ;-)!!!
*sigh*

Looks alone doesn't make you a clone. Samus and Dark Samus have visual similarities, but they are also different enough to be able to tell apart quite easily. They are about as similar as Kirby and Jigglypuff, even though they'll never be...Oh WAIT! They ARE in Super Smash Bros! Imagine that.

I don't think Dark Samus has much of a chance, seeing as how the Metroid Prime series has seen such little representation in Brawl so far (outside the black Phazon costume). Whatchu think? She/it's awesome though.
Uh, Samus, the main Metroid character, and her new design in general. Looks a lot like her 3D model to me. Where do you think they got the model for Zero Suit Samus? The idea was from Zero Mission I'm sure, but she was 2D there.

Top Bottom