• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus ... Regarding 11-21 Update

Nelson

Smash Rookie
Todays update seems interesting. Almost like every character updated had something "dark" about one of there colors. Could this have some involvement of the Subspace Emissary? If so, why no dark suit samus? Could it be because Sakurai might put in an actual Dark Samus?

I know they didn't put in any dark Pikachu, or dark Mario. Just seems kind of interesting.

SO what do you all think? Could this be why there was no dark suit for Samus?

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
dark samus's official thread? it exists go there. I think Fox's dark costume is assuming that Star Fox assault spoiler(like anybody cares)
Tht Fox was eaten by the Aparoid things, but lived

rayecho

Smash Ace
Samus already has the phazon zuit and the dark suit. there is no reason for them to have a third dark zuit for samus.
which could only mean that Dark Samus is in Brawl.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
Would Dark Samus be like the next Dr. Mario? I think a lot of people would see it that way.

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Would Dark Samus be like the next Dr. Mario? I think a lot of people would see it that way.
It wouldn't be hard to give her a unique moveset. Numerous ones have been proposed. For example, this would make her completely different. I'm not bothering with normal moves because they're easy. All of the ones used for Samus were made up for SSB anyway, as Samus never uses melee attacks in the games.

B: Phazon Spray: Many small bits of Phazon shoot forward. Charge it to release more.

^B: (Dunno about the name): She hovers in a protective ball of Phazon, and then shoots in a direction. Similar to Firefox, but faster.

>B: Boost Ball: Charges up and then shoots in the direction faced. Like Skullbash, but only horizontal movement.

VB: Phazon Pulse: Charges for a second (about the same time as Falcon Punch), and then releases a stunning pulse, like Mewtwo's Disable.

Her Final Smash could be Dark Echoes, where two clones appear to aid her in battle.

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Dark Samus should NOT be a suit, it should definately be her own character. On Hyper Mode in Metroid Prime 3, she's a fricking 30 minute boss battle. That is enough to deserve her own character.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
If Dark Samus is an alt. costume, and not a character, I will be one sad person.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Too bad we already saw Samus alt. costums and Dark Samus isn't one eh?

gamer8

Smash Lord
Furthermore, it would actually be hard to give the two a similar moveset and still make sense.

PS: Getting a Dark Echo to aid in battle would be such a bland Final Smash. Better as one of her special moves.
I saw the moveset you made for Dark Samus on the thread about it, it's awesome!

Top Bottom