• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darklink Presents "Kamikaze Short Notice Tournament V2" Tempe, Arizona Results

Jar'd

Smash Ace
What? Dekar doesn't want to 50$ mm with low tiers? It looks to me like... Dekar's ***** is a little limp. Step it up.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
1. Darklink-I love you, thanks for hosting. I also love the fair spike got on you.

2. Kiraflax- We still havn't played singles with each other. But our doubles matches were close.

3. JustinKamikaze- Love you, as always.

5. Hadesblade- .....yoshi.....

5. Roark- It was cool playing those Tekken friendlies with you, you are pretty good.

7. Bloodhawk- Thanks man, you are pretty chill yourself. I wanted to Ganon ditto you in Melee, maybe next time. I look forward to seeing you again.

7. Duff0- I should be the one offended for what you said about Tekken.

9. Silly Kyle- We did quite alright in doubles.

9. Dk Speed Dk- Diddy... I don't know what happened this time. Last tourney I did beat you, but this time.... You should look into those Brawl hacks we talked about.

13. Black Crimson- good games man. I'm glad I could give you your first tourney victory.

17. Saffy- If you would like to continue being my friend, you will have an egg nog shake. you don't have yo have the whole thing, just a sip. and we definitely need to finish that friendly from People Mover in April.

17. Tommy- You f***ing suck.

Tai- I want to play your Marth more. Now.

Jar'd- I love your s*** talk, it's beautiful.

DarkSHifter- I love you, I still need to get your DDD back though.

Chuckie- You need to come by and teach me your Ganon wisdom. I love you.

Goop- I knew something was missing until you showed up, but you left as soon as you showed up. I love you.

Casey- Not that you will read this but, you are a beautiful cook, and a very nice Native American man. We will play more Tekken the next time I'm up there.

Derp- I'm sorry...

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Dekar we should low tier mm :p

Anyway after getting home and sleeping for the past 20 or so hours (I'm serious I just woke up about an hour ago). I can now post my shoutouts.

Chris: Our mm was soo close xD, lool @ grab release fair. I'm glad you learned how to cp gay. and thanks for distracting kira during the lan party and getting him *****. :p Low tier johns forever :D. I did beat wobbles in yoshi's only evenish matchup with a top tier. And what time are we leaving for and getting back from NM?(all my random sentences all aimed at you)

Jard: What should I cp on snake? Pictochat's transformations are so bad how you can just throw grenade's/mistles/what ever you want at me while I'm stuck and hopefully not getting hit. Lan party was legit, but yeah I did play a few years of aom online, but I never played aoe vs anything other than a cpu. I'm currently playing heroes of newerth which is a mix between RPG and RTS. RTS is definitely my favorite genre on PC next to MMO's. I had the advantage of being trapped on an island the first game to figure out how everything worked, along with yan being there to answer all my questions. I did so bad the first game but it didn't matter because of that. AND CONDEDE WHEN ITS OVER NEXT TIME :@ /rage

Kira: Thanks for carrying me in dubz again... ... ...:p Good **** on second in singles though. lol @ you trying to talk to us when you were on the other team in UT. And how many villagers did you have in empire earth? If you stopped making them before 50+ that's why you were having so much trouble with resorces.

Justin: We didn't talk and you didn't stay for the lan party, but grats on beating jard and work on utilting instead of ftilting in ko %'s. You would of killed me a lot sooner if you did and our third game wouldn't of been nearly as close. Even with pro DI utilt kills mad early. There is no way anyone should ever live over 200% vs a snake.

Bloodhawk: I was pretty sure you had no idea how the matchup worked based on how you played vs me. Which was definitely a good thing for the tourney. Anyway yeah I'll friendly you next tourney, but you have to give me lucario exp if you really do use him, because I basicly know the snake matchup as much as I'm going to until I do something to advance my metagame. (I'ma learn how to superjump or DR or something :p)

Duff0: We didn't talk or play or anything, but I guess thats good considering it's one less chance for you to tell me to drop yoshi for a viable character.

Silly kyle: I felt soooo bad about not being your doubles partner, I was so hyped/nervous/combination of a lot of things about my first dubz tourney not being partnered with kira then I get there and he's like were partnering and im liek oook... so yeah sorry about that xD. Anyway we need to wifi sometime. So if you ever want to wifi me I'm pretty much here (/switches tabs to get the link) http://xat.com/chat/room/58501333/ all day/all night/when ever I'm awake and not playing HoN (heroes of newerth) but I've been playing like no wifi so when I do bad (like I did in dubz)now I have wifi johns :p

Roark: you were sooo good xD. It's nice to see someone who mains 2 of my worst matchups :p. Anyway you should come to more events and stuff. And I'm pretty sure it was you who we lan'd with, but if it wasn't then I have sleep johns and will feel really stupid, but yeah, I'm pretty sure it was so thanks for teaming with me in empire earth and then falling asleep in the middle. xD

Yan: The lan party was amazing xD. Thanks for teaming with me first 2 games so I got to learn how to play. :p If you didn't I'm sure I wouldn't of done nearly as good as I did. You were just there to answer every question I had. I still think aoe is a lot better, but I had fun with empire earth too. **** talk on all chat the second game was too gud. Cleaning up at the end was really annoying though. Also thanks for paying for me at waffle house. I really appreciate it. And sorry they didn't give you the deal on the waffles :(. I don't think I would of won the empire earth game, even though I was a few minutes ahead of you due to lack of experience. I would of had no idea what to build, and by the time I would of figured it out you would be caught up with me.

Yans friend that I don't know the name of even though I should (yellow shirt, was across from me at wafflehouse): I didn't talk to you much, but teaming in empire earth was fun.

Yans other friend that I dont know the name of even though I should (brought his tower from his desktop, stole yan's jacket after wafflehouse): lol @ your 9999999999999999999 walls/towers. I think I need more 9's but I'm too lazy to type them. That wasn't fun to get past, both games it wasn't. I'm pretty sure I would of taken you out a lot sooner third game if it wasn't for those walls/towers.

Cosby: ggs, xD First time I've ever pulled anyone besides yoshi in a tourney. And from what we both saw it was a bad idea.

Saffy: Grats on fourth in doubles. I'm glad you like my plushie. I got my shirt from walmart (lol cheap), so if you really do want one, the probably won't be hard to find...

Light: You need to play more brawl. xD We've played eachother in doubles so many times, but I don't think we've had even friendlies in singles since kira's "tourney" the week after devestation. So yeah, we need to play some friendlies soon :p.

Bryce: Where are you at? xD You didn't enter the last 2 tourneys ._. But yeah, work johns are semi-understandable. You're going to be so rusty at new mexico.

Longest shoutouts I've ever written. But yeah... xD After the lan party when everyone went to sleep I slept the whole drive home, walked through the door and fell asleep on the living room floor. After about 10 hours I woke up and walked all the way to my room and slept there tell 7 AM this morning. I still say we shoulda played a game of aoe sunday morning after waffle house...

EDIT: because even with that post that took forever to write I still left people out.

Speed: We played a few friendlies, and they were fun. Nice to see you again, and we should wifi more. You should set up doubles more, those were fun even though I did horrible in them :p.

Burt: We didn't talk, like at all, but it was still nice to see you too xD.

Chris (again): Why are there only 3 people that got 9th?

EDIT 2:

Black Crimson: grats on not getting last this time, and those drawlings were amazing.

Arod: we didn't talk much either, but it was nice to see you again. We need to play more, if you want to wifi me sometime then check the link that is in my shoutout to silly kyle xD

EDIT 3:

Silly kyle (again): you were curious about the peach yoshi matchup. I hope you like reading.
Peach vs Yoshi is so ****ing boring for the peach. To **** yoshi you have to space your Dairs, Fairs, and camp really hard with turnips... and that's pretty much it. Spotdodging is bad vs yoshi as is a lot of other options (Bair <3) that I enjoy using so while peach has limited options vs yoshi, the ones she has completely ***** him. It'd be worse if she could kill.

People used to believe yoshi could outcamp peach because eggs have further range. All peach needs to do is get a turnip (meaning she just has to knock you away) and your camp game and approaches become useless.

I try to approach a peach holding a turnip with Bair or egg lay. Turnip beats egg lay head on, but peach can reverse glide toss to punish my landing Bair or forward glide toss if I try a retreating Bair. I try to force a peach holding a turnip with eggs, peach blocks is and glide tosses forward to punish me in my cooldown lag. I can't grab her unless she's made a mistake because turnip beats my grab. I try to double jump Nair her shield but she glide tosses up and puts me in a bad position (granted this is probably my safest attack). My best option is to Z catch the turnips, however peach can use her aerials with ease while holding a turnip.

I try to pressure peach so she has no room to pluck a turnip. Bair can be ***** by her Nair OoS and a retreating Bair gives her room to pluck a turnip. Fair beats out all my approaches except for egg lay, which she can just float backwards to avoid it and Fair me in exchange (as floating is a lot more accurate spacing wise than DJC).

I'm thinking it may be best to try and up smash her. As I go in to up smash her when she's floating, she double jumps backwards and Fairs. I can't up smash her shield because she can up smash me out if it in return.

So here's a character who severely limits what I can do. The fortunate thing is that she can't kill easily and she can make mistakes.

That's only part of the matchup too, Dair ***** yoshi as well.

Not written by me. This is from the peach main "metatitan" (inb4namesearch) that knows the matchup too well. I'm too lazy to quote bubble it, but as we play more and you learn the matchup you will probably find that more and more accurate.

Dekar173

Justice Man
@Hades- you're coming on the 12th right? I'm down. I need revenge for the gratuitous amounts of **** you induced on JT! and I in AZ ;P

hadesblade

Smash Lord
@Hades- you're coming on the 12th right? I'm down. I need revenge for the gratuitous amounts of **** you induced on JT! and I in AZ ;P
Yeah, I'm coming, but I'm probably going to have to pack food or something ghetto due to being 15 and not having a source of income. So we can like, set the price when I know how much money I'll have xD. Hopefully it will be more than a dollar, but no promises for now :p

And me and kira are *winning* dubz this time.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
even though i missed this, and last tourny, i still had a blast

shoutouts!!! (will be short this time, cept for a select few ;) sorry)

chris: your gay <3

jard: your trash talking is too good

justin: thanks for picking me for crews, can't wait for nm

hades: we need to play more and not in dubz :) also, im not rusty. new main johns... and lol at, "i only picked up falco cause he was high on the tier list." lol'z

casey, even though he doesn't get on here lolz: good food, next time save me some indian fry bread. GET YOUR OWN CIGS!!!

saffy: always a pleasure seeing you :) grats on dubz

silly kyle: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD! first round of crews was INTENSE!!! most def the best match of the night. so much hype it was crazy!!! we always seem to have very awesome matches. your peach is too sexy. also, "cut off her ****!" best thing said that night. hahaha <3

kira: is black

light: amazing peach, practice brawl more :)

duff: we didn't get to play! we gotta play soon. your getting too good. stop that lol

bloodhawk: your such a cool guy. thanks for giving me advice before crews started, when i noticed that i had a fully charged waft i thought, "crap! bh is gonna be mad at me X_X, better use it. i got lucky and it hit! yay lol. thanks for being such a cool guy and i can't wait to play you more. nm is gonna ****! wanna team up?

axe: where the hell were you man!?!? i wanted to say, "good s^!t axe!" lol

yan: even though we didn't talk much, thanks for hosting yet another tourny. sorry i couldn't stay for lan party. im sure you ***** tho ;)

tommy: too much love for one man to post. you best come to nm!!! and the same goes for the rest of tucson

tai: yay! you came!!! lol, dirty mind <_< >_> **** that melee son!

rorak: sorry we didn't talk much, your good people. keep practicing and add more **** to your brawl xp haha XD

black crimson: keep practicing

@everyone else, sorry but i don't know you/not important enough lol'z <3 meeting new people

hopefully the next one i can actually enter and show you my wario madness :)

10wahwahWAHHH!!!

hadesblade

Smash Lord
hades: we need to play more and not in dubz :) also, im not rusty. new main johns... and lol at, "i only picked up falco cause he was high on the tier list." lol'z
It's so true though xD. If yoshi was high/top tier, I wouldn't even be considering secondaries at this point. And really, I barely am. I only use falco in friendlies for like 1 match, get *****, and go back to yoshi :p

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
I want to say I had fun and the whole thing was overall a good experience. I will work my way up and get better with Wario and my other chars. :D

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
1. Darklink - I'm glad I finally got play you for the first time in singles!! Too bad I wasn't able to finish you the first match. Stupid MK and his Up B :( I <3 you mucho and it's awesome being a panelist with you.

2. Kiraflax (Pit/Rob) - Nice placing, Kira!! You better get #1 next time, except I will stomp you before you get that far. Lulz, and I'm mad at you for telling Hades you weren't going to partner with him. I will have to curbstomp you next time I see you.

3. JustinKamikaze (Snake/Olimar) - Justin, you're so cool! We need to play some friendlies again soon, I haven't played you since Abe's House, and that was the only time I've played you before too. It was fun fighting your crew too. :) Sad you left before we could debate the Power Rankings, but awesome job, it looks great!

4. Rocstar (Snake/Metaknight) - I'm thinking about buying another controller specifically for Brawl and you should help me make it awesome lol. You're super cool and your s*** talk to the other team was priceless! I'm glad I had the honor to be on your team and it was fun going first. I was so nervous though when I went up against Bryce, I could've stomped his Wario a little bit more.

5. Hadesblade (Yoshi) - I will murder you!! Haha, we had some really good matches in doubles. Tommy and I almost had you!! Stupid Yoshi and his broken Up Air. I had a good time playing friendlies with you and I hope to play some more games on wifi. I like your shout out to me, thanks a lot! <3

5. Roark (Rob/Toon Link) - Good s***. Keep up the hard work and I know you will place soon in the PR. I think I played you in teams and I remember fighting you and your partner 2vs1 and I won! haha, Peach is too sexy.

7. Bloodhawk (Snake/Marth) - You're really cool and I'm glad I got to play you in the tournament. Too bad I didn't beat you, I had this big mental block because I heard you were really good. We'll have to play friendlies again in Melee and we should definitely play some in Brawl. Come down to Tucson sometime, we have a great Melee scene here. Maybe sometime we can partner up for doubles, I know we would **** hardcore.

7. Duff0 (Marth/Fox) - Jailbait!! Haha, I love you man!!! It was a **** move for you to volunteer and fight me in crews, you dirty s***. I hope we can play each other sometime soon, I'm very jealous you moved up 5 spots in the power rankings. Also, it was fun being a panelist with you. AZ2GOOD!! <3

9. Silly Kyle (Peach) - Do better next time, newb!!

13. Arod - Keep working hard on that Lucas. I know the matchup pretty well since one of my best friends plays him, so I can be a tough customer when we play. You have potential and you're a really cool kid! Lulz, get a gamecube controller!

13. Black Crismon - Glad you didn't get last this time! Don't take losing too hard, or mistakes you make. Keep a positive attitude all the time and you will do better. Next time in friendlies I will have to stomp you ;)

13. Yan - Sucks you had to play me first round. You're super cool and it's awesome you live with Chris and Casey!

17. Saffy - You're so sexy. Please be my mistress!!! And give me a plushie next time I see you or else!!!

17. Tommy - Do better next time, scrub. It was fun doing teams with you, but stomp dying earlier than me, you're Snake for God's sake! The reason why we do moderately ok together is because we're such good friends and we have "team chemistry". If you were a little more consistent and better, maybe we could always be parters for tourneys and wreck some B1THCES!!

Bryce- It was so much fun playing each other in crews!! My heart was racing the whole time, the hype was too intense for me. I had a great time and we will have to do it again soon, friendlies I mean. Did I tell you at one point I used to main Wario? I used to use the Pink/Light Blue suit he had. I've considered picking up again, but I want to make sure my Peach is top notch before moving onto another character. I also mained Pikachu, mainly because I loved his downsmash haha. Hurry up and turn gay and be my boyfriend already! Lulz

Light - You're so awesome, Brad. One of these days before you move away, we will have to sit down, talk about life and Peach, play each other, exchange tips (although you'd be helping me more most likely lol), and I will miss you when you're in Colorado! My Peach has stepped up because of you and when you're gone and I will have to rep her by myself!! Better **** everyone in NM, especially Dekar, with something hard and sandpapery. <3

Casey- You're awesome and the fry bread was amazing!!! Thanks for trying to hook me up with one of your gay friends, haha, hopefully next time I can stick around for that and use your bedroom for spooning, like you said. ;)

Top Bottom