• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkness Never Did Anything To Us

Alien Vision

Smash Ace

Poem #1

Who are we to speak ill of this darker shade of light? Speaking such foolish rhymes, will only result in a blinded sight.

As we were the weakest of all,
there was no reason not to fall.

To learn how to be weak, before you learn to be strong,
to learn where our actions, and whispers truly belong.

Hiding in the depths of our world we have created,
to wallow in this fear before our ashes are cremated.

Poem #2

I have come to a wake, through this oblivious sake,
who am I to disagree, to make our own history,
this world I have created, making everything unsituated.

For the god's of our chapels have rosen,
for the god's of our shadows have been poisoned..
Please! Call the God of our shadows, not the God of the light!
Our power, our will, comes from our fear! Not our might!

I want to plead for this internal transition!
I fight to seek my eternal ambition!
I awaken thy brother, thy sister!
I wish to run away from this god awful twister!
I voice thee, for who I am!
I venture through the wicked, and the damned!..

- Alien Vision

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
This is a very interesting poem. I am too tired to take it in fully, but I like what I grasped and was able to hang onto on my first read through. Good work! And I will probably take a close look in the morning!

zeldafan95

Smash Rookie
The flow of the poem was smooth at first, but was sorta ruined when it got to "For the god's..."

The 4th and 5th lines of the poem could have been deleted altogether. They're also worded very awkwardly.

It's a good poem nonetheless. Work on the way you form lines and keep the flow of the poem consistent. If you manage to work those flaws out, it could be a great poem.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I apologize. Those are two different poems that I decided to put on here late last night. I forgot to number them. They are two poems that explain the same exact subject. Our shadows that we have ignored long enough. Thankyou for your input.

@ LUV I look forward to your comprehensive perspective.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Very assertive and confident words

I enjoyed reading them
I liked the change in tone midway through the second poem.

What I got from it was a call to embrace your inner darkness and grow individually, and collectively from that. Unlocking life as a whole and not choosing only the light. Taking the good with the bad.

But i dunno, thats just me P:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Thats great to know. Glad you enjoyed my style of writing, and that sudden change in the rhythm of my words. I am very bold when it comes to these incredibly stupid illusions humans possess.

Here is a hint. We turn to everything but ourselves.

It has nothing to do with mastering good and evil, because there is no such thing as evil. Evil is merely just weakness, and fear.

Our shadow was never our enemy.. It was our..?

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
We all have illusions. Gives us hope for something.
Anything
If not, hope itself.

Evil doesnt exist? Huhm, i like that. Its all just a part of everything
Of itself
Even fear and weakness is something to acknowledge and grow out of, ultimately causing something positive.

Really though, good expressive poetry.

:phone:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
(Not for religious people)

There are of course many illusions that create hope. Just tell me, is there any illusion that creates hope for ourselves? I didn't think so. We rely on, Gods.. Luck.. Unexplained phenomenon.. Other people.. Not ourselves. For an example. My mom thinks God is going to heal her multiple illnesses, so she is neglecting a full hearted solution that only relies on her, and her self. Her actions.

Tell me. Would a man jump a dangerous height, or climb something dangerous if somebody wasn't watching? No. It's all for a purpose, a reason. Something we never needed as a child. We were free. Our minds were fragile in the most beautiful way. We hadn't a care in the world! Before scary movies, and older people flooding our minds with monsters, and other bizarre things. We were friends with the darkness. We were comfortable in the dark. It's when our mind was opened the most. We would do everything because we just did. There was no real purpose behind anything. We were ourselves, us.

So now everyone is joining this bandwagon. Forgetting who they are, because they fear other people's thoughts, or even fear themselves. It's all weakness, fear, and insecurity.

So as massive as this bandwagon is, can you tell me once more how weakness and fear become strength? When really our darkness is our light that we have rejected because we want to ''perfect'' ourselves, and fit into other groups. Let's face it, humans desire attention. Even animals desire attention. Yet, somehow. I live a lonely life, inspiring, spreading my word across the internet, with immense power. Assertive, as you say.

Obviously, I have become one with my darkness. I may not not have any real life friends, because of the way I contemplate about this world, but I do have myself and those who listen. I really enjoy talking to other people online, since everyone in my neighborhood are like zombies going about their everyday routine. I am one of the rare few who are a loner, but isn't alone. It is a sincere pleasure to meet you all, I must say.

I am entitled to everything I say as my opinion. I do not mind if anyone who disagrees whilst reading this, becomes enraged by how I think. I don't mind to explain point by point, if you agree to disagree. We all live in the same world, but we all see everything differently

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
We all see everything differently, yes. Thats what I meant by everyone having illusions, whether they are true or not.
"fear and weakness" as you have defined it can pull strengh out of an individual. The reality is that most people are not like you and have been conditioned to think like one unit in society. At the same time, all these units grow individually towards happiness, back towards a simpler mindset - like that of a child.
But not simply a child.
A mature almost "carefree" person, taking whatever life gives us with joy.
Now, of course many people do not reach this point in life and really do live their whole lives afraid of what other people think, but that doesn't mean nobody has ever grown out of this fear and turnd into something more than a unit of society. Something more than a child.

I have hopes for myself. For what my life could become and for what may or may not become of me after life. And im not the only one.

Dont underestimate the individual because the whole belittles itself.

To make things clear, i agree with you, except for what seems to also be a simultaneous call to shun the light. I dont know if im misinterpreting, but yeah, i say take both; all of life. Not just the light. Not just the darkness.

Lol funny thing is I have a shirt that says "All Hail The Darkness" on the back. Lyrics xD seemed appropriate P:

:phone:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
(Not for religious people)

You are amusing. I have my fair share of jokes aswell. Like the way I describe what I burden. I compared it to fat and muscle. Lol.

''Fat and muscle is very similar to that of darkness and light. If you don't exercise your light, it will all become the wrong kind of darkness, just as neglected muscle turns into fat. In which is known as the everlasting circle of ignorance.''

I speak as an ambage, so of course you will inevitably misunderstand the words I speak. A trap I placed beforehand just so I have an excuse to elaborate many, many things in detail later on.

So first off, fear is created to hide ourselves and what really matters to us. I made a quote for these cowards. ''One cannot confront their darkness, if they cannot recognize their darkness''. Below will explain why they can't recognize it.

I have created a defense, believe it or not. Which is one of the reasons why people turn against me for all the wrong reasons. It's called neutrality, therefore I can take down good and bad, because I am neutral. So why so offensive, if I am neutral? Simple. My only enemies are cowards. Cowards are always going to lose, because it's incredibly obvious as to why. This is because they refuse to face their monsterous selves, and blame me for an illusion they created through their weakness. That I am always right. When I am not always right, it's just being a coward solves nothing. Lol.

(I openly admit, I am not perfect aswell which is how it should be. I have anger issues that derives from my dark childhood, and I have the inability to feel emotion, but can express it.) I admit it though right? So many people think nothing is wrong with them, and that is where things become inert.

There are two kinds of humans that even neutrality can't take down. A man full of this ''pride'' that makes it hard to help them, and to feel that they have to be independent. Stubborn. Short temper fuse. Won't admit to being wrong.

Then there is the one that knows there is something terribly wrong with them, but they won't do anything about it. Thus, these kinds of people you will come across alot are awakened only by mere chance. Saying the right words can increase the chance, but not by much. It's sad, that these kind of people exist in the highest level of life, and cause us alot of problems. It's like a child in an adult's body.

To be honest though, sometimes seeking only judgment, and the neutral way of life can earn you nothing in the end. Just innocence and bravery. That you can only share with people who don't live near you. So to me, either way. There is no real right way of living. There should be no motivation just to live. That takes life for granted.

It's what I call vicarious chains.

By the way, it's hard not to underestimate an individual when they are wearing a mask.

Also, I used to been a white guy who acted black. Listened to crap music. Back talked everyone. Arrogant. I was a wreck. I had a head injury, and after 3 months of what seemed like being on auto-pilot, I realized that night (3 months after the injury + a strange amnesia that only made me forget the head injury) I busted my head
on the arm of my friend's couch while wrestling. Not sure if that is what woke me up out of that neverending circle of ignorance or not. I do know that ever since that injury I could feel the world on my shoulders, and can feel the pain of 1000's of people who go through hell. I have the right to not ignore it, this is my human race, and I don't need God to figure that out.

So I am no different. I am just not a coward. I am myself, and will always be.

I am entitled to everything I say as my opinion. I do not mind if anyone who disagrees whilst reading this, becomes enraged by how I think. I don't mind to explain point by point, if you agree to disagree. We all live in the same world, but we all see everything differently

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Haha man, you don't hafta set up traps to explain yourself :p
just makes people even less inclined to listen
I'd be glad to hear your thoughts =D I like this kinda stuff lol

Everyone wears a sort of mask in society, yes. it might be hard not to underestimate people, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

I see what you mean about taking life for granted by just being happy from "just living"
And I agree lol

That's the other part about it all to me. Not ignoring the pain of the rest of the world. Doing something about it.

I don't see why you can't share your innocence and bravery and whatnot with people near you. Just might take a bit more effort to find em since it isn't as easy as anonymously posting something on the internet for thousands/million of people to read/see.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
(Not really for religious people.)

It's not really a trap per se. It's like I am guiding you to respond without having a whole bunch to answer at one time, which can make things become messy, and cause alot of misconceptions.

Now secondly, the reason why darkness and fear is weakness is because darkness and fear are both covers for what we had in the first place. Darkness is us. We rejected an aspect of ourselves, so it has become foreign to us. Our mind is that powerful. The ability of our brain to make us see what we want to see elaborates even the reasons why people become ''cold'' to this world. Certain emotions may harm us.. So our brain creates a barrier between us and that said emotion. Until we stop being a coward and fight for ourselves, that stone curse will never be lifted. Christians are leading their followers the wrong way. Saying that our darkness is sin, when that darkness is aspects of ourselves we chose to cast away.

Let me give you a fine example.

A little girl is sitting at home watching TV. A commercial that features beautiful models comes on, and the little girl goes ''Mommy! I want to grow up just like her!''

See how easy it is to hit the only button in the world that can be pushed only by you?

That will throw you into a land full of faceless creatures, who wallow in their hypocritical sorrow. That is how you form darkness. So imagine her, later in the years becoming your stereotype gal, perfecting everything except one very important thing. (Which is why I really hate perfume, and all those cosmetics. I wish women would understand pure beauty. Not artificial)

That is what I speak of, when I mention darkness. It seems that humans are a walking paradox.

I do agree though, you are right for misunderstanding what I meant. Chaos, and prosperity will always be an interlacing pattern in life. Without chaos, how would we even comprehend prosperity? Nature induces chaos. So do we. It's part of equility. Nobody is perfect. There is not one person who hasn't done something bad. Makes me sick these people point fingers at everyone but themselves. I just have a fine line of when I contradict another's actions, and when I don't. I just can't stand cowards. They make it worse for everybody. Especially when they are holding a family together. I hate those people the worst. They will sacrifice everything on the line just to be right for something so wrong.

Another fine example. Two kids playing a game sets this example perfectly.

Kid 1 is kicking Kid 2's *** at a game. Kid 2 gets really angry.
(So tempted to call them Thing 1 and Thing 2)
Kid 1 says ''It's just a game, relax..''

A few days later. Kid 2 is kicking Kid 1's *** at the same game by just playing smarter and calmer. Guess who is getting angry now..

H Y P O C R I T E XDDDDDDDDDDD

This isn't a one sided conversation Dark. I would like to hear some of your perspectives.

Here is a quote I made that pretty much agrees with your dark and light view.

'' A human is like a phoenix. We are born, then burned alive, only to be born again throughout our life span''

My name is Shane, 18. It is a pleasure to have come across somebody who truly enjoys what I write. I don't think there is no end in which I wish to speak of. Everyday when I talk on MSN I end up breaking the scroll bar in less than 15 minutes.

darkgirku

Smash Journeyman
Again, I agree with almost all you say, except a few things.

I guess I'll go ahead and say it, lol. I'm a pretty devoted Catholic. Hopefully that doesn't put you off or anything like that, but yeah.
Once you get -really- into the faith, we acknowledge that everyone has a darkness (sin) to recognize and grow from. The common view of non-christians of christians is a bit jaded I think.
You're totally right though, we need to recognize our imperfection and fight for ourselves.
A lot of people don't get the message.

That's a cool quote btw lol. We are born and burned alive repeatedly.

I realize this isn't a one way conversation lol, I'm saying all I want in my responses. Which isn't much.

I've come to believe, from my own life, that we should accept life as a whole, and not just choose one part of it. We should grow from this whole life and hold it dear to us while helping other people and ourselves individually at the same time.

And that's about it.

I've derived a sort of happiness from this view, just like im sure others have derived their own happiness from their own views of the same life we all live. I'm always excited to continue to learn and somehow grow more though.

=D

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
@ Luigi

Are you saying that it isn't 100% a must, but a strong suggestion to revert back to my original thread's origin, and that we can still carry on?

I mean, when I read through this entire thread again, it seems like it has everything to do with our darkness just by sparking a conversation with another human mind, surprisingly a religious person. So, can we continue? If you look at it like I do, I don't see any harm in what we speak of. Our thoughts and perspectives as deep as ours is just as artistic as my poem. We are writing, aren't we? It may not be a story, it may not be a poem; lyrics to a song, but what we write is what defines who we are, coming from one of the millions of great minds out there.

There is alot of powerful sentences. There is alot of powerful insights that further explains how easy it really is to agree to disagree, and still hold a friendly conversation. IMO This thread isn't even close to going off topic. You are the mod, so I respect your judgment of course. (Plus just look at the name the guy I am talking to chose. Isn't that just amusing? XDDD)

@ Dark

I must say you are not the first religious person that agrees with alot of what I say, especially after the things I had to say, so for that you have earned 100% respect from me. Since my only enemy are cowards, you are truly a person at heart to defend for your beliefs and not lash out at me with regurgitated information. I am proud, and sincerely honored to speak to another human being who holds their own no matter how different their perspectives are, especially of all of what I have said. Not only that I don't see you differently, I see you with upmost respect. Never give up this neutrality that you possess, it's a rarity. Truly, it is.

Just curious, did you forget to write what you disagree on? Or, you agree with all my deeper views, and just disagree on things like.. This is a one sided conversation?

I can tell you something already. There is no use in analyzing religious people at all. Since religion doesn't make the person, just as jobs doesn't make the person, or the clothes they wear. So just because this guy does this, doesn't mean everyone else will. I like the person behind the religion. I don't want anything to do with their God, or want to join anything. I do not mind to conversate our different views. If you really think hard about it.

A man in my dream told me very important information that everyone in the world should really grasp by now. ''An eye to another eye, may see different things, but in the end they create the same destruction''

Meaning, religious people AND agnostic; atheists who fight for only their beliefs are all hypocrites, why? They say that these people are creating a schism between our human race, guess who is doing the same? Take for an example that I have seen religious people call us arrogant because we wish to not believe in their God, whilst they are arrogant to us because they really believe that this universe was created by some being. For people so destructively different, we have something in common. (Sadly)

This is why you are on my 100% respect list. You share views that isn't just your own. It's more of a challenge than you think it would be.

To me Dark, I see us all as God's. We control our future, how we see this world. We have the power. We can make the difference. We have the voice. We can ''smite'' people in our own way. Lol. Who are the real heroes? Who are the real answers to our prayers? The people around us..and ourselves. Christians say ''God works through all of us'' . This I question, if he did.. Why do we have idiots? Serial killers?

I really look foward to your answer to this. It's incredibly hard to find somebody with such a view that can hold this incredible discourse. (I can say it a thousand times over) ((Too bad I won't. Lol.))

To be frank, I have yet to find 100% genuine happiness. Yet, the grey world I reside in exerts incredible power, and self renownship. It's hard to find everything. I am proud of what I have achieved to this day. That is what matters.

How can you accept life as whole, if you can't accept yourself as a whole? There is only a handful of people who are an exception.

You say that people grow from sin, but I disagree Dark. I have written a quote for this aswell.

''A human is like a fruit. If you do not nurture them the right way, soon they will spoil and become invalid in this world.''

For an example, these rich people who **** us poor people over. They never experienced weakness, and are long gone lost in their pathetic world. Another example would be our celebrities. I don't even have to say any more about them. It's so obvious.

I am sure you understand my quote that is in bright yellow as my sig by now. It is an incredible quote I created that in my opinion kicks royal arse.

Excuse my bad writing, or unsual train of thought. I have chronic insomnia, so my mind is restless at the moment. I apologize.

Top Bottom