• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkurai's Make Your Move Impressions: Introduction

Darkurai

Smash Master
Link to original post: [drupal=553]Darkurai's Make Your Move Impressions: Introduction[/drupal]

Yeah everyone, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and do my own impressions for Make Your Move version 3.0. But this time I'm going to put a different spin on it.

As it stands, the thread is growing so much faster than people can give impressions for the movesets. So here's how my impressions are going to work: The makers of a moveset send in the movesets that they want me to give my impressions on. This way, even later movesets could get an evaluation early on. Also, on my own I'll be going movesets that catch my eye. So don't be surprised if your moveset shows up when you didn't send it in!

I will base it on the following criteria:

Does the moveset fit with the character?
That's part of the point in making the moveset in the first place! The moveset has to fit with the character. If the character is an OC, I obviously evaluate this criteria, unless I'm familiar with them (although that's unlikely).

Is the moveset balanced?
I'll be lenient with this one. Obviously I'm not expecting perfect balance here. But if the character is completely overpowered and simply unbeatable, it's not going to do well with this...unless it's a joke character, and that's the whole point!

Did a good amount of work go into the moveset?
It's easy to tell if you just threw something together. For example, whether the moveset is finished or not. Usually, most movesets are rather complete, and this can only potentially help your moveset even more, rather than it only hurting my impression if it's not absolutely 100% complete like a certain Spadefox's.

Is the Snake Codec (if any) well-written?
Okay, this one's not that important, but if you're not going to make a decent Snake Codec, don't bother.

Is the moveset written well? Is it organized?
I'm not going to be strict on this one. I'm not going to demand color in it. As long as I can read it well, I'm fine. I just don't want everything in one paragraph. At the bare minimum, you must include line breaks.

I will not use a number rating or letter grading system. I will simply say what I think. Putting a number rating or letter grading is just too much, in my opinion.

The other evaluations
SirKibble
HeoandReo
Chief Mendex
Chris Lionheart
Master Warlord
Spadefox

To send your moveset to me for evaluation, send me a PM on Smash World Forums!

Top Bottom