• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkurai's Make Your Move Impressions: SamuraiPanda by BKuppa666

Darkurai

Smash Master
Link to original post: [drupal=554]Darkurai's Make Your Move Impressions: SamuraiPanda by BKuppa666[/drupal]

SamuraiPanda

Immediate fail for not having an IRL picture of Panda.

jk.

It's a bit odd how you say the katana slows him down so much when in the picture you gave, it's not that big. Minor detail, I know, but it bothers me a little. I lol'd at the Panda Glide.

You put a good amount of detail into your description of the attacks.

The forward tilt looks like it would take quite a bit of time. Considering Ganon's up tilt though, that's not something that can be completely ruled out.

Dash attack seems a bit...odd to me. Where does Knuckles come from? Does he just appear? It'd be odd to see him run in on, for example, the middle level of Hyrule Temple.

Down smash seems pretty broken. Though it includes Meta Knight, so that might be intended.

Up smash confuses me. What if there's actually a name there that the player is using?

Panda talks a lot. People'd probably call him the most annoying character in the game, lol.

Interesting how many variables are in his moveset. Quite a bit of randomness for the competitive player of the podcast.

I'm kinda concerned at how many of his moves are taken directly from another character.

Snake Codec is pretty good, but tells very little about Panda's actual fighting abilities.

The moveset isn't organized very well. It wasn't until I was writing this very paragraph that I figured out that the colors were changing with each movetype. There should be an extra line between each movetype, in my opinion.

Overall, the moveset itself fits Panda very well, but it's harder than most movesets to imagine in Brawl. It can still be imagined, but some things seem a bit iffy to me.

If I were to say that you should work on something, then it should be how the attacks actually fit into Brawl, rather than trying to make them match Panda perfectly. It's okay for some moves to not exactly match the source. Samus' Charge Shot, anyone?

Top Bottom