• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DA's Biweekly Gauntlet: July 16th Tagburg, NY

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm guessing 5pm is the earliest. HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

GET STOKED BIZNITCHES NYC IS BACKTEEZY!

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
This is ****! Friday biweeklys sound nicee!
LMAOOOO@ "MGMT/ratatat/hipster-esque Brooklyn", haha.
oops ratatat are from DC. I couldve SWORN they were from brooklyn. NVM had my **** straight they record in brooklyn(or at least did) <3 brooklyn solely for MGMT they're one of my favs

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL...man...Friday now? If I wind up getting out of work early that day then yes, I'll be here. If not, then noooope =/ I hate Friday tournies (just speaking for myself because I get out of work so late).

D1

Who knows LOL. They're Brawl heads remember? XDD I wouldn't be shocked if Dire, and/or Raffy enters.

D1

Sweeeeeeet!

Remember guys being that this needs to be done in 5 hours lets make sure we don't waste time with friendlies, and report all matches. I know you guys won't make matches last forever cuz its Melee. Just remember to report all matches, and try to keep friendlies to a bare minimum so we can GTFO and keep the venue forever.

6pm!!! Its summer so even if I know ppl have work, at least the ppl that can attend WILL attend since its easily accessible by train. I'd love to hold the tournament for ppl coming from work, but if you're gonna be here by 7pm nah.

-we have some changes that have to be announced-

D1

So yeah now in a turn of events that most ppl didn't expect, we're having both events ran here. They're running singles first this week, then the next two weeks teams both games.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Annoucnement

I hope everyone comes and shows the support for DA/sosgamers trying to revive the melee/brawl new york scene. Its been a long time since we had a consistent place. I also hope that everyone understands the rules and guidelines and scheduling of the upcoming events. Remember people " One hand washes the other" We are trying are best to make these events enjoyable and reasonable for both the business and the players.

If anyone has any questions or concerns you can contact me through aim(inlovewitlil) or aol(legendarywes@aol.com) my pm box is currently full.

Thanks.
Wes

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Woohoo a subway-accessible venue! I am full of the happies, and I'll be showing up! =D

Oh, also:

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Brinstar
* Green Greens
* Pictochat
* Pokémon Stadium 2

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Woohoo a subway-accessible venue! I am full of the happies, and I'll be showing up! =D

Oh, also:

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Brinstar
* Green Greens
* Pictochat
* Pokémon Stadium 2
You have to ban it twice.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
**** yo I may be cutting this too close. I dun wanna be that guy holding everyone up. If this RLY starts at 6pm then I may be in trouble if I even touch a bit of traffic.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Oh snap, I may get out early from work this day. So YAY! I may be able to make this.

D1

Venue 10 bucks
Singles and Dubz 5 each -teams five per teammate of course- (singles and dubz alternate every 2 weeks)

Btw Wes stated if not enough ppl show up for the following biweekly for dubz, he'll just make it a singles event regardless. I aplogize for any confusion this may raise.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
yeah, i'm doubtful. i get out of work at 5:30, and rush hour traffic...def won't be there on time, but might come up for friendlies/recording.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Despite this being in the home of Salad Bowl, it's starting to look like most of us, if not all, will not be able to attend :(

Cia

das kwl
Despite this being in the home of Salad Bowl, it's starting to look like most of us, if not all, will not be able to attend :(
Eff that, yallz better be there.. I mean, who's gonna be there to stop me from claiming tagburg as my own? :laugh:

It's kwl if jman doesn't wanna go tho.

Aziz too

:D

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm gonna be away on family vacation.

So is Idris.

Andrew told me he's gonna be busy that day.

So yeah... :(

I guess I'll have to come reclaim Tagburg as my own at the next one! :chuckle:

Top Bottom