• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Dancing is Back

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

A lot harder to do, but it exists.

So yeah, one more thing to add to the barrel of 'things we find out about Sm4sh to bring back the Melee guys'

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
That's the same as Brawl's dash dancing. IE not very helpful. What is helpful is fox trotting as a replacement. Little Mac can do an extremely effective one since his rolls and foxtrot is so fast.

Edit: I would actually like to take this statement back after giving it some more thought. In Brawl's context it wasn't all that helpful, but it could be helpful in Smash 4 due to the way pivoting works and ground momentum works. This is not safe for 3DS' circle pad use though. I'll wait til the console version comes out to do intensive stuff. It's still not quite as useful as foxtrotting is though.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
-That was in Brawl already

-This has been known since the game was first playable (early demos)

-Quit your other-Smash-game trolling

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Since I never Dash Danced in Melee, is there a difference between the Brawl one/Sm4sh one and the Melee one? x.x

EDIT:

I didn't know people knew about it =P I just saw like one video on youtube and decided to make it just in case.

I also didn't know it was in Brawl XDD

Last edited:

S2

Smash Lord
The issue in Brawl was that you had a chance of tripping whenever you started a dash, making this kinda stuff dangerous since it could backfire. That's not the case in Melee or here.

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
I thought this thread was a troll thread. It looks like the only thing the villager is doing is running left and right really fast, unless that's the whole point. When I hear the term Dash Dancing, I think of Melee's Wave Dashing.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Yeah... we knew this...
And people saying it's like in Brawl, no... It's much worse here.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
@SwedishOtaku - Is it worse? o.o

@ no1butmenotu no1butmenotu - Wave Dashing is repeatedly jumping and using the dodge to move rapidly. Dash Dancing is something Ken used to do in his earlier years, where you dash back and forth real quick, as a sort of bait-and-switch.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
This isn't too useful because you can't vary the distance, where in the melee you could pivot back at any point in the initial dash animation, meaning you could use it to bait and space, where here the ground you cover is much more limited

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
@ Cammed Z28 Cammed Z28 - Mhmm, each Smash game is great and unique. For example, people hate on Brawl but it is the ONLY Smash bros who had ever, and probably WILL ever have a story mode. Also Wolf, Lucas, Snake, etc.

@ ferioku ferioku - OMG that is so cool.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Is it really worth it?

Is it?

Top Bottom