• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash turn around to BAIR

killa k

Smash Ace
Ok well I don't know if this has been discovered or not. If it has please say so. Anyway i find this very useful for pulling off quick BAIRS out of a dash attack w/ characters like Fox. To perform this u have to dash then mash the control stick in the opposite direction then ur normal dashing direction really quick and if done correctly u shud have been able to perform a BAIR right off the bat from a dash. I'll post a vid of it if I get the chance.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
This has been discovered, and is called RAR or reverse aerial rush. Please see the thread on advanced techniques.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Maybe it's just me but all I see in this forum these days is "hey I found this new technique" threads... about techniques that were known and documented even before the North American release.

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it's just me but all I see in this forum these days is "hey I found this new technique" threads... about techniques that were known and documented even before the North American release.
that's because people are stupid and think ATs will make the game completely different like it did to melee, and they need to quit and play melee or get over it and play brawl, but either way just stop looking for them because chances are you are just wasting your time unless you have something to go off of. nobody seems to understand that you don't just look for ATs and find them, they come accidentally 90% of the time, and even if they do come, they probably will not change the game a whole lot. melee was an exception.

but no one seems to get it, so these threads just keep coming. and for these threads, idk, i guess they just ignore the official AT thread and just post it and say sorry if it's found when there is a topic dedicated to found ATs.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
It's foolish to think we can't find ATs by looking, Mercury. We've done so quite a bit already. In Melee, few people spent serious time in an exhausting search for ATs, in Brawl, there's thousands of people, casual and competitive alike, trying to find possible exploits in the physics engine.

And they HAVE found things. Their magnitude isn't anywhere as pronounced as in Melee, and I don't think it's likely that there will be any gamechanging Brawl ATs, frankly, but progress is being made, discoveries are happening.

MTFFFG

Smash Apprentice
you're right taymond about the discoveries happening now. If you go to a tournament now there are great players and there are amateur players already. The division between the good and the bad has already started thanks to these AT's.

Top Bottom